100 days Chapter 3 : New Doctor

100 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. Kim is on his way to visit his wife when he came across Mr. Hwang on the lobby of Seoul General Hospital. It has been a week since they met at the dinner which did not conclude in a good note. An awkward atmosphere enveloped them until Mr. Kim decided to break the silence.

"J-jaehyun hyung."

"Oh...Nice to meet you here, Jinyoung-ah. It's been a week, right?" Mr. Hwang awkwardly said while scratching his nape.

"I'm sorry for the commotion I and my daughter have caused the last time. I really want Hyunjin for my Minjoo but that girl is quite firm on her decision. Once again, I sincerely apologized." Mr. Kim bowed 90-degrees on his senior.

"It's okay, Jinyoung-ah. Besides, the arranged marriage is still up right? There's still a chance for Hyunjin. I'm sure my son won't back down that easily." Mr. Hwang confidently tapped his Junior's shoulder.

"Anyways, our goal is still to merge the two-companies, right Jinyoung-ah?" Mr. Hwang stared directly on Jinyoung's eyes and strongly gripped his shoulder which caused the latter to squirm a bit on the older's touch.

"Ah... haha o-of course, Jaehyun-hyung," Minjoo's father chuckled nervously but nonetheless, he managed to put a smile on his face, a forced one.

"By the way, why are you here hyung?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Just for my annual check-up, you know we're getting older," Mr. Hwang chuckled a bit trying to lift the mood inserting his hand on his pocket that was formerly placed on the younger's shoulder.

"How about you?"

"Oh, I came to visit my wife here. I've been so occupied this whole week and I'm planning to spend the rest of the day with her."

"Is that so? I hope she gets well. I'll get going now." Mr. Hwang bid his farewell.

As Mr. Kim opened the door to room 121, he saw a glimpse of a female doctor with long black silky hair talking with his bed-ridden wife.

"Uncle." The said doctor turned her head towards the direction of the door.

"Lia, I did not expect you to be here. Aren't you needed by your patients?" Mr. Kim kissed his favorite niece's forehead.

"Don't you want to see me here, Uncle?" the 24-year-old doctor playfully pouted.

"Of course not, I'm glad to see you here. It's just that everytime I visit here, you are always doing your rounds." Mr. Kim defended himself and ruffled his niece hair. He then, proceeded to kiss his wife cheeks and placed the basket of fruits he brought with him on the table.

"I'm sorry hun, I was busy with work lately."

"It's okay, honey. I understand you and your daughter are very workaholic." Mrs. Kim giggled teasing his husband.

"By the way, where is Minjoo? It's been a while since the last time I saw her. Don't overwork your daughter, Jinyoung-ah. I heard from Lia that she's always going home late because of work." Jisoo scolded her husband.

"I know but your daughter is very stubborn like you. She always do what she wants. I'm even suggesting to her that she should loosen up and enjoy her twenties. Heck, I even want her to go on dates but she declined." Jinyoung said while peeling an apple for his wife. He purposely left the issue about the arranged marriage with the Hwangs and the deal with his daughter from the knowledge of his wife. He doesn't want to cause stress on her since it would be bad for her heart.

"Anyways, Minjoo took a two-day leave. She said she needed to catch up with her friends. Don't worry too much on her. Our daughter is responsible. Here eat this."

"Uncle, Aunt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter