100 days Chapter 18: Crossing Paths Again

100 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The squad has reached Mrs. Kim's room already and Yujin was the first one to greet her cheerfully.

"Hello, Aunt Jisoo! We miss you!" the youngest energetically shouted hugging the overjoyed mother.

"Yujinnie! You are already this big??? I miss you all, too. You've been busy in studies and works lately."

"We're very sorry, Aunt Jisoo. We promise we'll visit more often from now on." Chaeyeon stated joining the hug.

"Hey, let us join in the group hug, too." Sakura dragged Hyewon with her to join the group hug.

"Hey, what about me? I'm the daughter tho?" Minjoo was the last one to join the group hug.

"By the way, where is Yuri?" Mrs. Kim asked after the group hug.

"We already send her at her department's office. She said she'll come here on her break." Hyewon answered while peeling an orange that was on the basket of fruits they brought.

"That girl used to whine to me saying 'Aunt Jisoo, I can't do this anymore. Why did I study med? I don't think I can survive.' Now, look at her, she's finally a doctor." Jisoo proudly shared Yuri's success in becoming a doctor and everyone had a proud smile on their faces.

"I'm next in line, Aunt Jisoo. I'll be graduating in the next two years." Yujin proudly exclaimed.

"That's great, Yujinnie! I can't wait to call you Dr. An." Jisoo winked at the youngest and everyone giggled.

"I'm finally opening my clinic next month, Aunt Jisoo." Hyewon excitedly brought the news.

"Really? I'm so happy for you, Hyewon. Finally." Jisoo warmly smiled at her remembering the last time when Hyewon was still a new psychologist who came to ask her opinion about opening a clinic.

"Thanks to you, Aunt Jisoo."

Everyone softened at their warm interaction.

"I am not used to seeing wholesome Hyewon." Sakura suddenly interjected and everyone cracked a laughter.

"I'm not used, either."Hyewon bluntly replied and the laughter grew even more.

"By the way, Aunt Jisoo, Minjoo and I are flying to Japan next month. We're gonna meet the new investors for the Japan expansion of Kim Corp." Sakura delivered the news.

"Wow! That's good to hear, dear. But don't overwork yourself, okay? You can rest as well." Jisoo reminded them.

"Don't worry, Aunt Jisoo, we are always reminding Minjoo not to overwork herself. Seems like she's finally listening to us." Chaeyeon said while Minjoo whined at them.

"Mom, guys, I'll just go to the washroom." Minjoo said and everyone continued on sharing stories with her Mom. As the door closed, Jisoo suddenly asked the group about something.

"Girls, is Minjoo finally seeing someone? You can be honest with me." Jisoo started. The group looked at each other not knowing what to say. Chaeyeon chose to answer for the group.

"It's not like Minjoo is actually seeing someone, Aunt Jisoo. But she is looking for someone." Chaeyeon replied.

"When we went to a trip in Sokcheo, she met a girl there, Aunt Jisoo..." Yujin nervously shared. She doesn't know if it's right to tell Minjoo's mom about her daughter being gay.

"Really? Minjoo has not shared this to me yet." Jisoo replied.

"What a pity, I want her to meet my new doctor. She's pretty, smart, and caring. I'm sure Minjoo will like her in no time." Jisoo sadly stated. "Too bad, she already likes someone else."

The group was shocked at what Minjoo's mom has said.

"Wait Aunt Jisoo..."

"You know that Minjoo is a homoual???" Sakura asked with her eyes wide open. Jisoo just laughed at her antics.

"Of course, I'm her mother after all." Jisoo just smiled at them. "And I know you guys, too. As long as your happy and you're not ruining someone else's happiness, I don't see any problem with it."

"Awww, thank you for accepting us, Aunt Jisoo."

"We love you, Aunt Jisoo."

"Guys, let's group hug again." Yujin iniatiated the hug when suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"Did Minjoo unnie lock the door?"

"I'll go get it." Sakura volunteered.

"Minjoo, why did you lock the— oh. Hello, Doctor." Sakura shyly opened the door and let the short haired doctor come in.

Chaewon held her breath for a second then released it afterwards when she realized it was not Minjoo who opened the door for her.

"Dr. Kim, you're already finished with the meeting. Come here, let me introduce you to my daughter's friends." Jisoo motioned Chaewon to come closer and the doctor timidly heeded. "Girls, this is my new doctor, Dr. Kim Chaewon. She's only a year older than Minjoo."

"The one that opened the door for you is Sakura. The tallest is Yujin, she's also the youngest." Chaewon's eyes grew bigger after hearing that Yujin is the youngest among them.

"This is Chaeyeon and this is Hyewon." Jisoo said while pointing to the two respectively.

"Oh, Hyewon unnie we met again." Chaewon smiled at Hyewon.

"Yes, I didn't know you are Aunt Jisoo's new doctor." Hyewon replied to Chaewon.

"Guys, she's my junior in high school that I was talking about the last time." Hyewon said and realization hit her friends.

"Ohhhhh, I remember now. Aunt Jisoo, you are right. She's very pretty. I like her already." Sakura bluntly confessed and everyone suddenly felt like they choked on something. Chaewon's ears heat up at the sudden confession.

"Thanks for the compliment, Sakura-ssi. You're very pretty, too. I am glad to meet all of you." Chaewon bowed at them.

"Don't be too, formal. Just call me Kkura-unnie. You can call us unnie except for Yujin and Minjoo, of course." Sakura said.

"Chaewon unnie is actually my senior in Med school and she's really popular. I can't even believe I'm talking to her right now." Yujin was starstrucked at the young doctor. Chaewon just shyly waved the younger.

"By the way, where is Minjoo?" Chaewon shyly asked and as if on cue the door swung open revealing an ethereal beauty.

"Guys, I'm sorry if I took long. I decided to buy snacks and drinks—"

Minjoo was not able to finish her words when her eyes landed on a familiar short haired girl who's now wearing a white lab gown instead of black leather jacket.

The doctor whom she met in a cubicle in the mall was equally shocked as her. Both of them held eye contact for quite too long until Yujin decided to interrupt them.

"Minjoo unnie, let me help you with that." Yujin got the things on Minjoo's hand and whispered something.

"I know she's pretty but please don't malfunction infront of her." Yujin teased Minjoo and the brunette finally went inside.

Chaewon's heart was beating crazily. She can't believe that the beautiful girl she met in the mall a few weeks ago was actually Minjoo. Recalling the events that happened, she's now ashamed to face the brunette.

But she admits she's really glad to see her again.

"Minjoo, you're finally here. Let me finally introduce you to my new doctor." Jisoo called her daughter to stay beside her.

"Minjoo, this is my new doctor, Dr. Kim Chaewon. Dr. Kim, this is my beautiful daughter, Kim Minjoo." Jisoo stated and both of them shyly held each other's hand for a hand shake. Both of them can't even look at each other's eyes.

 


Minjoo POV

OMYGOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING. WHY IS SHE MY MOM'S DOCTOR? NOW, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS INFORMATION. THIS IS SO AWKWARD...

But her hand is so soft, I don't wanna let go...

End of Minjoo's POV

 


"It's nice to meet you, Dr. Kim." Minjoo decided to cut the handshake though she already regretted letting go of the other's hand.

Chaewon, on the other hand, was thankful that Minjoo finally let go of her hand since it started sweating like crazy. She's somehow sad though that the girl did not recognize her.

 


Chaewon POV

Why is my heart beating this fast after meeting you again?

Why can't you remember me after what happened to us the last time?

Aishhh! Chaewon, just be thankful she already forgot your stupidity. Just forget about it too.

End of Chaewon's POV

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter