100 days Chapter 19: Hurt

100 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo abruptly stood from her seat and engulfed Ryujin in a tight hug. Ryujin excitedly reciprocated the same amount of affection to the brunette. Everyone was shocked at the sudden turn of events. Minjoo's friends were all in awe after seeing this unfolding. However, two doctors were not liking what they are seeing right now. Chaewon and Lia were both having their own series of how's and why's in their minds which Minju and Ryujin obviously failed to see.

"Hi! We met again. Finally. Dr. Shin Ryujin." Minjoo greeted her dear friend with a wide smile on her face as she read her nameplate. Her dark orbs sparkled at the sight of her friend she has longed for.

"I didn't expect to see you here, Minjoo-ssi. I thought I would never be able to thank you again for saving me." Ryujin replied with the same amount of enthusiasm as the brunette.

"You know may name?!" Minjoo's eyes almost popped out as she heard the girl from Sokcheo.

"Of course, how can I forget the name of my guardian angel?" Ryujin remarked making Minjoo blush hard. The brunette hit the Sokcheo girl's arm lightly while hiding her flustered face using her other hand. Her friends on the other hand went wild at the sudden remark of Minjoo's crush leaving the brunette even more embarrassed.

"Minjoo-unnie should treat us!" Yujin exclaimed

"Uhm, guys, sorry to interrupt your most awaited reunion but can someone please tell me what's happening coz I'm quite lost." Yena interjected and everyone's attention shifted to her. The rest looked at Minjoo and Ryujin asking for answers. The two made an eye contact and just giggled at their friends' faces.

"I'm curious, too." Someone suddenly exclaimed and Minjoo's eyes widened to see her cousin whom she failed to notice earlier.

"Lia unnie, I didn't know you're there." Minjoo slowly approached her older cousin and gave her a warm hug.

"Hnggg! I'm sad you didn't come to me first. You just ignored me." Lia playfully cousin who was painfully embarrassed at her remark.

"I didn't ignore you I just failed to notice you, Lia unnie." Minjoo defended herself.

"Hnggg! You even threw yourself to Ryujin earlier and engulfed her in the tightest hug." Minjoo badly wanted to hide her face due to embarrassment while Ryujin's ears suddenly went red as her name escaped Lia's lips. Thankfully, she had her hair to cover it all. She glanced at Lia once more only to find the love of her life looking at her, too. Both of them quickly shifted their gaze to other places.

Chaewon sadly sighed as she  watched their interaction at the sidelines. Everyone did not notice it except for her best friend Yena who just tapped her back for comfort.

"Guys, guys, enough for the bickering, let's eat first. Lia, Ryuin just grab chairs from another table and sit with us." Yena diverted the topic. Minjoo sat back on her chair again. It's just when the brunette had noticed the sudden change in Chaewon's aura.

'She seemed somewhat sad. Is it because I hugged Ryujin suddenly.' Minjoo thought without tearing her gaze on Chaewon.

'Stop assuming things, Minjoo. She already likes someone else.'

Ryujin sat beside Minjoo while Lia dragged her chair beside Chaewon and they started eating. Minjoo and Ryujin shared the story of their first meeting to the group.

Seating arrangement: circular position
Sakura-Chaeyeon-Hyewon-Yujin-Ryujin-Minjoo-Chaewon-Lia-Yena-Yuri


While everyone was busy talking about mundane things, Yena secretly whispered to Lia.

"You didn't tell me you're with Ryujin! Why are you even with her?!"

"The same reason as to why you are seating beside your ex right now. Eunbi unnie assigned me to Ryujin I don't even know what has gone on her mind?" Lia whispered-shouted to Yena's ears.

"How about you? How did you end up with Yuri? Don't tell me you abused your power again?!" Lia eyed Yena.

"Shhh! What do you mean abused my power it's not like I did something grave, you know. I'm just enjoying the perks of this position." Lia just shooked her head at the older's antics.

Everyone was happily chit-chating mainly Minjoo's friends asking Ryujin piles of questions. Minjoo, on the other hand, just facepalmed to her annoying friends and smiled sheepishly towards Ryujin. The new doctor didn't mind though. In fact, she found the brunette's friends cute and adorable.

While they were busy talking with each other, a certain short haired was left out sitting dejectedly on her chair. Since Ryujin came, everyone's attention was shifted to her especially Minjoo's. She did not know why but she suddenly felt heartbroken at the happenings. She just looked down on her plate not wanting to meet anyone's eyes. She missed the subtle glances Minjoo has been giving her from time-to-time.

Lia noticed Chaewon's unusual silence and asked if she's fine. The short haired dismissed her best friend's worries with a wave and tried to smile—one that did not reach her chestnut orbs.

Chaewon suddenly stood from her seat that shifted everyone's attention to her including Minjoo's. She looked at everyone in the eye except for Minjoo and Ryujin.

"Uhm, I forgot Dr. Han asked me to assist him in an operation today. If you don't mind, I will take my leave now and prepare for the operation." Chaewon reasoned. It's not completely a lie, she really has to assist Dr. Han but it is still scheduled at 3pm which is still three hours from now. Lia and Yena knew what Chaewon was planning and just supported her alibis.

"Please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter