Chap 5: day 2 part 2

Let me be your shield

"How come you two always arrived earlier than us" Hyejin enter the office while putting the snacks on the desk.

"it's because you're too slow." Soo Jung Sunbae. 

"what did you say?!." Hyejin took one of the snack from the plastic bag and threw it at her Hoobae. 

"HA. I see it coming." Soojung caught the snacks and open up to eat it. 

"alright, stop fooling around!. let's discuss." wheein sat on office chair after finishing keeping her honey butter chips as she knew Hyejin would eat it. 

"the detectives and officers over there told us the Choi Min Su get rid of evidences even if it not his. the strange thing is only cases of domestic violence and child abuse  that he will destroy the evidence. he will tear every single fingerprints analysis and witness statement. well of course if he is incharge of a domestic violence and child abuse, he could easily get rid of them. but isn't it more strange that his team didn't notice or do anything." Sung Hoon explain to the team while he looks at his notepad. 

"most case witness have to show up to the trial as its an order from the court. even if they can't, they should at least have a witness statement on behalf of their absence. but it's even more strange that almost all the case Choi Min Su took, witness didn't show up. the reason stated that the witness was ill. like come on!, not every single case the witness were sick!. that explains why Solar's case were unsolved because witness statement and finger analysis were gone too. " Soo Jung added, slowly expressing her anger. 

"well he is clearly obsessed with cases on domestic violence/child abuse. we shall proceed with my plan which is doing more profiling on Choi Min Su on his background.  secondly, its weird that the Seoul Yongsan Police Station didn't kicked him out despite his actions. it's either the whole police station is corrupted or either Choi Min Su  managed to do it without anyone noticing. which brings to my next point. is either the higher rankings officer are helping him or he just simply a genius as he works as an FBI in the U.S." wheein drank some water before continuing.

"lastly, my guess on the witness part is I feel that there something pulling  the witness back to not show up to trial which leads to no witness statement as they are supposed to turn up." wheein tapping the the table with her fingers. 

"what shall we do first Sunbae.?" Soo Jung asked her seniors on the next tasked. 

"first, do a profiling on Choi Min Su background. second, since it's late,tommorow Soo Jung and Sung Hoon will go and  question about 10 witness that doesn't show up to court. found out why they didn't show up and find the similarities in the 10 of them. Third, we wait for Choi Min Su and his team to comeback tommorow afternoon and questioned them." wheein instruct them while looking at moonbyulE profiling report done by the maknaes. 

the team nodded. the maknaes proceed to with their further profiling on Choi Min Su.
________________________________________
profiling report on MoonbyulE:

- Close friends with Choi Min Su ever since high school.

- previous offences: illegal gambling and drink driving.

- CEO of 2 dance Company but one of the company were sold to Choi Min Su.

-  married to Solar shortly after divorcing her ex wife. 

report done by: Sung Hoon and Soo Jung. 
________________________________________

"that explains why she got release 1 week from prison because they were close friends."Hyejin starts the discussion. 

"I think so too. she sold her dance company to him. she should have gotten alot of money from him which leads to my next point which is gambling and drinking." wheein tries to fix the missing pieces of puzzle together.  wheein added.

"ARGH that BASTARD. if it wasn't for him, my pretty unnie..... " wheein said it without realizing hyejin hear it.

"i mean solar shi and her daughter should be living without financial issues."  wheein avoiding Hyejin eye contact trying to stay calm. 

Hyejin rolled her eyes and continues thinking.  

"we shall go and interview MoonbyulE ex family and ask them about about her. we should ask solar about their marriage. feels like it more of a forced marriage. I didn't see their wedding photos except photos of So yeon and her." Hyejin suggested

"we can interview MoonbyulE ex family the day tommorow.since solar work at the convenient store, we can question her there now." wheein added. 

Hyejin agreed and she told  the maknaes that they be heading out. 

they drove to the convenient store. soon they arrived and enters the store. 

"Solar shi. hello!." Wheein greeted happily while Hyejin go around and looks at snacks. 

"wheein.. I mean detective wheein. what brings you here." Solar greeted her while questioning her. 

"I came here to talk about the case and I need to find out more about you and your wife marriage. can we talk about it." wheein answer her question with caution. 

"ahh...ok give me a minute." solar hesitated. solar asked her colleague to take over the counter.

wheein begins to question her about the marriage. 

"you can stop me if I cross over the line.  first question is your marriage between you and your wife purely on loving one another or arranged or forced?." wheein asked in a soft tone. 

"it was purely on love. my family kicked me out after finding out I like girls. I was staying at the PC cafe. I met her there. she treated me nicely. we dated for 5 months and we decided to get married in Canada before coming to Korea to return as a married couple. we were having the best time of our lives. she showered me with love and soon we began to have So Yeon. She and So Yeon were so close back than. they always ride bikes in han river on their mother and daughter date. while she asked me to go to a spa that she have booked for me.  suddenly, she change tremendously when so yeon was 8 years old. she began to drink with her friends, she started using the money to bet and gamble. she came home late drunk and start beating me. she wants to do it to So Yeon too but I take the beatings for her. I can't bare seeing my daughter getting hit by her so called mom." Solar bit her lower lip to prevent  from crying. 

"I went to get a divorce but MoonbyulE refuse to signed. the lawyer told me to find evidences of him abusing me so that we can get divorce. but evidence wasn't enough. " solar finally broke down into tears.

 wheein blood boil with anger while listening to the story. she pull solar for a hug and rubs her back.

"I'm sorry unnie that you have to go through all of this. no one deserves to be treated like this. don't worry I will get the evidence you need for the divorce. please hold on a little longer. Ill make sure I put her behind bars." wheein comforted her while holding back her tears. she feel solar nodded her head and thanking her. 

"but you have to tell me the truth in order for me to help you. is she still abusing you?." wheein tries to extract some more information from solar. 

"yes she still does..." she replied while she points the bruises on her arms,legs,stomach and back to wheein. 

wheein was shocked by the bruises. she asked solar for permission to take a picture. she allowed her to. she even take Solar witness statement. 

"I need to close the store now. thank you wheein... I mean detective wheein." solar thanked her. 

"call me wheein since I'm done with my job unnie and I will take you home unnie. i know it's not that far but it dark and it's not safe." wheein offer solar a car ride.

solar refused but wheein insisted to. wheein called out to Hyejin and she saw her flirting with solar colleague.  

"Ya Ahn Hye Jin. let's go. they are closing the store." wheein informed her. 

"ok..." Hyejin replied her while her eyes is still fixed on his face. 

Hyejin suggested wheein to drive him home together with solar. she agreed. they thanked wheein and Hyejin after dropping them off. they drove off returning to their office. 

"my best friend is whipped by someone too." wheein teased Hyejin in the car. 

Hye Jin pretend to go to sleep. wheein giggle at Hye Jin response and continues driving. 

they reached at the office at 11pm and were surprised that their maknaes is still awake,eating their snacks while focusing on their work. 

"shall we take a bath and change into fresh clothes ?.that way we will be more awake to do our work" wheein suggested to the team. 

the team nodded and proceed to bath. after bathing they discuss about the case.
wheein explain what had happened earlier on when she interview solar. she asked the maknaes about Choi Min Su Profiling. 

"Choi Min Su has a family background of being the victim of child abuse together with his mom. his father were sentence to jail for 2 weeks before being released as evidence shown was not enough." Soo Jung explain to her team while munching on their snacks. 

"it's strange that it link to all case he took right. however  he should be serving justice instead of recreating his past experience. he should be helping the victims instead." wheein answer while looking through the report. 

"I find out that he went to therapy for the traumatic experience. he went back earlier on last year." Soo Jung found out more information. 

"we should definitely check with his therapist to see what wrong with him the next day after tommorow since we got tonnes of work to do tommorow." hyejin suggested.

the team agreed. they continue working overnight but finishing up review the cases of Choi Min Su took. wheein went to the whiteboard to list down the things needed to be done tmr

________________________________________
8AM
-Soojung and Sung Hoon will go and interview 10 witness that didn't turn up to court according to Choi Min Su pass case.

-Wheein and Hyejin will go and interview MoonbyulE ex family to find out about her and their divorce. 

1PM
- return back to the office and discuss about the information they find.

4PM
-go to Seoul Yongsan Police station to question Choi Min Su and his team. 

________________________________________

wheein put back on the marker cap and return to her sit to continue her work. she check her watch. 3AM. she look at her team members. Soo Jung have already fallen asleep on the table with case reports on top of her. Sung Hoon smacking his forehead to prevent from falling asleep.Hyejin eyelids are closing anytime soon while holding a chocolate bar. 

wheein told Sung Hoon to go sleep. Sung Hoon thank wheein while she approaches Hyejin. she remove the chocolate bar from Hyejin's hand and told her to sleep comfortably.
lastly wheein placed her jacket ontop of Soo Jung and turns off the office light. 

she return back to her seat and turn on her work lamp to continue with her research. after awhile,she decided to text solar as she remembers having her number on it when So yeon was lost. 
_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.._._
.                           Today 03:15
                                                               unnie I'm sorry                                                                                           
                                                       for disturbing you at
                                                       this hour. I just want
                                                       to text you to have a
                                                    great day ahead. as    
                                                    well as thank you for
                                                     the bento box
                                                     lastly, text me if 
                                                    anything happen to 
                                                   you and Soo Yeon.

_._._._.__._._.._._._._._._.__..__..__.__.._._._._._._._._._._.

wheein put down her phone. she laid her body against her chair soon she fell asleep.