Chap 3: Day 1 part 1

Let me be your shield

They carried 4 big boxes filled unsolved cases to their team office and begin rummaging and searching for that one case. 

"Hold up,why are we doing this? we are the senior among the other 2 squadmates." Hyejin complains to Wheein while browsing through every single case in one of the boxes. 

"Ya! they are resting. let them be. besides we have done this on our own before and it will be easier for us to explain to them later on." wheein threw a pen across the table and hits Hyejin head. 

"ouch!." Hyejin shouted in pain. she threw the pen back to Wheein and it went back and forth between them. 

"ahem ahem!." someone pretended to cough to get their attention. 

Wheein and Hyejin turn their heads and immediately stood up at attention. it was their senior detective. 

"What are you guys doing? Do you think this is a playground! Do you forget that you have only 2 weeks to solve starting from today onwards." Lee Dahee reprimanded them for their behaviour. Wheein and Hyejin immediately apologise for their unprofessional behavior.

Lee Dahee left the both of them alone and they continue to search for the case. Hyejin gave wheein the 'i hate you look.' while wheein rolled her eyes. 

it's 02:00 AM shown on the clock. They left with 2 full boxes. Hyejin is about to fell asleep anytime soon. wheein gaze lands on her. She felt bad for dragging Hyejin into this case as this might be their last time working as a detective . She lets her sleep and continue to rummage through her second box. she picked up the last case document and she found solar picture attached to it. 
she browse through the file full with information. 
_____._____._____._____.______.______.____.
UNSOLVED CASE: Domestic Violence & Child abuse.

Year of case reported: 19 February 2018

- Victim Name/Age/ : Kim Solar, 26 female. 
status:Married
Occupation:Housewife

-Victim Name/Age/: Kim So Yeon,8,female
status:single
occupation: NA 

-Suspect Name/Age/: MoonbyulE,25,female
status:married
occupation: CEO of Dance company

Details of incident: Kim So Yeon called the police to report on a domestic violence in 19 February 2018 at 10:00hrs. She told the police that her mother were unconscious and also explicitly mentioned a name MoonbyulE that she is the cause of it. she than goes on to inform the police the full detail over the phone. she said "I saw mama beat my other mama with a metal rod " she cried for help saying "my mama is not moving,please help me,I'm scared."the line was cut off in the middle of the call............ However, MoonbyulE is not guilty as there were no evidence supports that she is the suspect. 
_____._____._____.______._____._____._____.

"what the....this doesn't make any sense. the child is clearly one of the evidence. what do mean no evidence?!." wheein felt a mix of anger and confusion as she continue to read. "who wrote this report?." she talks to herself. she look through the report once again but could not find the names that wrote the report or the names of  the detective incharge.

she than look at the pictures of bruises attached behind the report. The bruises were so deep that the human flesh were seen.

"woah those bruises look really bad." she startled by a voice coming behind her. 

"you scared me!,since when you were awake?." wheein smacks Hyejin shoulder as she was surprise. 

"I was awake 30 minutes ago.all along I was behind you reading the case." Hwasa sips her morning coffee. 

"why didn't you get me one?." wheein pointed at Hyejin coffee.

"what did I told you yesterday?. no coffee for you." Hyejin nags at her. 

wheein rolled her eyes. 

"This case we took it before. it's only a one time thing. it was when we were still a civil police. we were tasked to question So yeon at the hospital for her witness statement on behalf of a Team. Its understandable that  you don't remember because is a one time thing and halfway through, you return back to Jeonju after receiving a news that your grandma has passed away. you weren't in your right mind than.you even took a couple weeks off from work. By than you should have forgotten about the case." Hwasa speaks with caution to not  hurt wheein feelings. 

"that explains why So yeon told you that you look familiar to her." Hwasa added.

wheein listen to hwasa intently and forces herself to remember the incident 2 years ago. 

[FLASHBACK] 

wheein and Hyejin enter the hospital room where they find solar lying on the hospital bed in an unconscious state while So yeon was sitting down on her aunt lap staring at her mother. All of a sudden tears start forming in their eyes. Hwasa wipe her tears with her uniform while Wheein face the ceiling to prevent her tears from coming out.

Solar's sister who is also So Yeon aunt, Kim Yong Hee, noticed them and immediately greeted them. the greeted her back  and Wheein begin questioning So Yeon while Hyejin jotting down her statements on her mini notepad. halfway through the interview, Wheein phone rang. she excuse herself to answer the phone call. Hyejin took over and asked the remaining questions. after the interview ended, Hyejin went to look for wheein but she was nowhere to be found. 

Hyejin was about to message her when all of a sudden,a message from wheein stating about the passing of her grandma. Hyejin texted her to take care and not to worried about the case as their job here is done. 

[Flashback end]

Suddenly, Everything starts to make sense thanks to the help of her partner. She thank her and she promise to buy her dinner after work. Hyejin return back to her seat with a smile on her face knowing she will get free food. 

"we have arrived!, woah woah your face look bad Hyejin sunbaenim~." one of the 2 youngest members Soojung enter the office while teasing Hyejin. 

Hyejin stares at Soojung with deadly eyes. she raise her coffee mug and waved it in the air indicating that she gonna throw at her. Soojung flinched and try to comfort her by offering her gimbap. Hyejin quickly took it from her and begins to devour it. 

"where is Sung Hoon? wheein asked Soo Jung as she doesn't see him with her. 

"usually you two are always together." Hyejin took her mini revenge by teasing her while eating Soo Jung gimbap.

"he should be here soon and we are not always together. you make it seem like he my boyfriend or something." Soojung replied her while putting her tongue out. 

A few minutes later, Sung Hoon enters the office drenched with his sweat. 

"Sorry I'm late!." Sung hoon struggles to catch his breath. 

"it's only 7AM what are you talking about?" Hyejin answered him while throwing the gimbap wrapper into the bin. 

Sung Hoon check his watch. he take a closer look at it and realized the clock hands were not moving. He than check the digital clock on the office wall. It's states exactly 7AM.

"HAHAHAHAH." Soojung and Hyejin look at each other and burst into laughter. 

"ok ok enough laughing. since we are early,let's start with a new case. " wheein handed out copies of solar's case to the team. she begins explaining to them and giving them their individual task.