Chap 6: day 2 part 3

Let me be your shield

Its 6:30AM in the morning. Wheein woke up 30 minutes earlier than her alarm. she took out a water bottle from the mini fridge in the office to clear her dry throat. Next she went to the toilet to freshen herself up before starting the day.

In the meanwhile, Hyejin woke up to a civil police tapping on her shoulder.

“good morning ma’am. Someone told me to give these bento boxes to you and your team.” The police greeted her and placed the food on the table.

Hyejin was confused as this is the second time an unknown person send them food. Wheein return back from the toilet and saw the bento boxes.

 

“wheein, I think im just gonna order my own food. Someone keep sending these bento boxes. What if he or she tries to food poison us. I don’t want to die early.” Hyejin looks at wheein, feeling scared.

 

“Don’t be ridiculous, it’s from Solar unnie.” Wheein grab her bento boxes along with the note written on it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

Have a great day today too! Enjoy your food!

Wheein smiled at the note as she confirms that the food is from Solar due to the neat handwriting.she kept the note in her pockets and begin to eat.

Hyejin felt a sense of relief that the food is safe to consume. Wheein’s alarm went off, all of a sudden,The maknaes sprang up from their chair and stands at attention.

“Good morning Lee Dahee Sunbae.” Sung Hoon and Soo Jung greeted at the same time.

Wheein and Hyejin look at each other and began to burst into laughter. Sung Hoon and Soo Jung look around them and realised the situation. They sat back down feeling embarrassed at their action. Wheein pass their bento box to them. They thanked her while staring at Hyejin who is still laughing at them.

After eating their breakfast, Wheein begins to talk about the task that needed to be done today that she have written on the whiteboard yesterday.

“these are the things that need to be done today. By 8AM, Soo jung and Sung Hoon will go and interview at least 10 witness to find out why are they not showing up to court while me and Hyejin will go and interview MoonbyulE ex family to find out more about her and their divorce.” Wheein stops for awhile to let them write it down on their notepad.

“Be back at the office by 1PM to discuss about the information we found. Finally, at 3PM we will visit Seoul Yongsan Station to interview them. Any question?” wheein ended her briefing.

The team replied no to their detective chief squad and proceed to head out to their individual venue.

wheein and Hyejin arrived at MoonbyulE ex-wife house. They knocked the door and was opened by a housekeeper. They greeted her,introduce themselves and show their identity card. The housekeeper told them to come in and wait while she go get the owner of the house. While waiting, they observed the house. It was a mansion house filled with luxurious and fancy items. They were in awe. Wheein elbow Hyejin to let her know that MoonbyulE ex-wife has arrived. They bowed at her and she told them to take a sit.

 

“I am lee somin, what brings you here detectives” Somin took a sip from her tea that is prepared by the housekeeper.

“we are here to talk about your ex-wife, MoonbyulE and we like you some question about her.” Wheein replied her.

Somin nodded her head.

“we were like to know more about MoonbyulE regarding on the case about he abusing her current wife. What was she like when you were married to her last time.” Wheein proceed to ask her first question.

“MoonbyulE and I were divorced in 2017. That divorce were never easy for me. I have to find ways to get rid of her. There were not enough evidence. She abuses me too. That bastard was an angel when we first met but turn to a devil when sang min was 8 years old. She begins to come home drunk, ask me money almost every night to gamble. He was charged for drink driving and illegal betting.We were broke because of him. She didn’t take her son to baseball match anymore. I consider myself lucky that I managed to escape from her due to my current wife, if not I would be dead by now. Luckily my wife was rich enough to give her 10K. that when MoonbyulE finally decided to sign the divorce paper. So if I have to give you a solution detectives, money would be the easier solution if not you have to keep digging evidences. That the harder way. I hope you don’t pick the easier solution because that also means more cases like this will increase,more women will be hurt by her, more children will be hurt by her. Ah you should know about Choi Min Su. They were like brothers. They known each other for a long period of time. I hated him too. I trusted him by telling him that she abuse me and told him to help me. That bastard snitch on me and I got beaten up by a metal rod by them. That bastard told me she got abuse by her family when she was young,I don’t understand why is she recreating her past to her family.” Somin talk in a calm manner

Wheein and hyejin didn’t need to asked anymore question as somin has given a lot of useful information and everything started to make sense. They greeted her goodbye and head to their car. Since they have time, they decided to discuss among themselves in the car and summarize it for the meeting later on.

 

“everything starts to make sense wheein ah. Her story were almost similar except her last part. But still it gives me goosebumps while im jotting down her answer in my notepad!” Hyejin said dramatically.

 

“you’re right. Firstly,both of them have a family background of family abuse and they are really close friends. It means that they are confirm working together leads to her being released much earlier than other suspects Choi Min Su took. Secondly, there no way the Seoul Yongsan Police station doesn’t notice his strange behaviour of getting rid evidence when the other of the police station he works at did. Thirdly, he cannot get away from this because like I said the previous police station he works with, higher rankings fire him but the higher rankings does not fire him in his current workplace. Lastly, im sure there are more people involve. Prosecutors and lawyers are one of them.” Wheein stated her opinion while staring at the steering well.

“lets go and share this information to the maknaes.” Wheein starts her car engine.

Hwasa nodded her head and they drove off. They arrived at the office at 12PM followed by their maknaes at 12.30PM.

“since there are 30 minutes left, lets quickly share the information before proceeding to the next task.” Hyejin suggested to her team. Sung Hoon opens up his notepad and begins to share his and Soo Jung Information.

 

“7 people rejected the interview no matter how hard we try. 3 people are willing to share their stories. One of them told us that the reason she didn’t show up is because they were told by Choi Min Su. He told them if he show up he will kill her. She didn’t show up and reported sick so no witness statement were written. The second witness told the us the same thing. The third witness told her that she didn’t need to show up as there are enough evidence to show to court.” Sung Hoon explains quickly as instructed by Hye Jin.

hyejin hurriedly explain her and wheein information to the maknaes.

“we will discuss more later on on what to do next, let head to Seoul Yongsan Station to interview Choi Min Su and his team.” Wheein instructed the team.

Wheein decided to let Sung Hoon to drive instead of her since she was told by Soo Jung that he drive faster. Sung Hoon start the car engine,press the pedal hard and begins to speed.

“YA!. DRIVING FAST IS NOT EQUIVALENT TO SPEEDING.THIS IS TOO FAST.” Wheein grabs the handle above her,holding on it tightly. Hyejin didn’t mind because she loves speed while Soo Jung is grabbing onto wheein arms.

Sung Hoon slow down for a second to let them grab a hold of themselves before pressing hard on the pedal. Soon they arrived. Soo jung get out of the car wanting to vomit while Wheein stumbles with her steps. Sung Hoon and hyejin grab the both of them before any of them gets hurt.

They enter the police station. Wheein and Hyejin felt nostalgic as they have work her before however the staffs here were all new. Sung Hoon introduced on behalf on his team and enter Choi Min Su office. Wheein and Hyejin recognized him straight away as his appearance were neat. Same hairstyle, same glasses and same outfit. Choi Min Su stood up from his seat to greet them.

“Oh well hello there. Great to see you both again.its been years since we have met. What are you here for?” he greeted happily while hugging wheein and hyejin a hug and a handshake to the maknaes.

“we are here to interview you sir about the case you took 2 years ago on MoonbyulE.” Wheein stated her purpose of visiting.

“call me Min Su since we are in the same position. Whats the rush wheein, we just met after a long time.shall we chat about other things? Beside I have just return from a lovely with my teams.” Min Su trying to change the topics.

“I would love to do that but maybe sometime in the future. Im strictly here for my case.” wheein reminded him about her purpose of visiting.

Sung Hoon and Hyejin went to question Choi Min Su’s Team members separately from their detective chief squad as it it easier to spot lies and any strange behaviour.

“first question, where is the witness statement for every case you took as well as the fingerprints analysis.” Wheein gets straight to the question.

“it should be there somewhere.” He answer nonchalantly,

“you don’t have to lie, I have voice recorded officers and detectives from your previous workplace. I have it right now and I can play it right now.” Wheein was getting annoyed.

“hahahaha, jung wheein you are really testing my patience.” Min Su crack his neck.

“I also have voice recorded by witness saying you threaten to kill them if they show up to court and saying that there way more enough evidence. I also have MoonByulE ex-wife voice recorded as well. which one do you want me to play? Or should play all three to help you remember your disgusting behaviour. Its time to come clean now. "Wheein leans towards Min su and look at him straight in eyes.

“Jung wheein,try to arrest me, it will not be easy.” Min su tuck wheein hair behind her ears to see her clearly.

Soo jung was disgusted by what she saw and smack Min Su hands away from her Sunbae face.

Min Su smirked and lay back against his chair.

“if you have no further question,get out from my office.” Min Su put his legs on the table and crossed his legs.

Wheein raise her fist in the air to punch him but was stopped by Soo jung. She shakes her head and told her to leave and comeback tomorrow for a warrant arrest. Wheein obeyed and told her team to get in the car to leave.

 

Wheein drive this time for safety purpose.

“when we interview them just now, they were no any different. One of them even spit at Sung Hoon face. Is strange that they seem relax. I think wheein is right about higher rankings helping them. We need to get a way to expose those higher rankings as well.” Hyejin starts to discuss.

The team nodded. They reach the office to see Lee Dahee sitting at their table. They instantly froze seeing her.

“am I a ghost to you? Hurry up and sit down. I want to hear the progress about the case.” Lee Dahee instruct them.

They obeyed and began to explain the case to Lee Dahee. Lee Dahee was amazed at wheein’s determination. However she knew it will not be easy the minute she hear Choi Min Su. Wheein ended her explaination.

“firstly, I would like to applaud for your hardwork and as well as finding a lot of evidence. You can arrest him with your evidences you have right now but the problem is the higher rankings over there. They will do anything to let Min Su have his way. Why? Choi Min Su Uncle’s is actually a powerful lawyer. If you guys don’t know,  lawyers are more powerful than us they know more about laws than us. You got to find someone powerful or at least same level as his father. As soon as you find that lawyer, you can take him down with your evidences you have right now. I suggest to have more evidence like fingerprint analysis.” Lee Dahee compliment them and contributes her solution. She exits the office and head back to her own office.

“ARGH, she should have say it earlier.” Hye jin throw her pen on the table.

“we are the ones incharge so I cant blame her for not telling us, anyway like Lee Dahee Sunbae said earlier on. Firstly, we talk to Choi Min Su therapist tomorrow to find out more about his mental health.secondly,get an arrest warrant from the prosecutor. Thirdly finding a lawyer that able to take down the higher rankings and the powerful lawyer. Lets start by seeing cases that have been solved and find lawyers involved and compare with Choi Min Su’s Uncle.” Wheein wrote down on the whiteboard.

The team agrees with their leader. They start taking out boxes of solved cases from the office and begins their work.