Chap 4: Day 1 part 2

Let me be your shield

"Hyejin, do you remember which detective or the team that took this case since I vaguely remember it.' wheeiin covers her yawn while questioning her best friend. 

"hmmm.... i think his name is Choi Min Su if I remember correctly." hyejin tried her best to recall. 

Wheein suddenly remembers him.

"Choi Min Su?. that bastard?!. Sung Hoon slam the table with his fist. 

the team were shocked at his sudden actions. 

"why? do you know him personally?." Soo Jung asked him curiously.

"Don't you all know he is one of the most corrupted detective out there. my father was in jail last year because of him and he have to wait for 11 more years to be release. my father was wrongly accuse for murdering a 19 year old boy  when he was trying to self defend himself from the teen who wanted to steal his wallet. there are rumors i heard from my friends that works in a different police station that he destroys the evidence or he do anything to make it seem like the innocent ones were the criminal." Sung Hoon tries to calmly explain.

"I need someone to firstly do a profiling on Choi Min Su for this case and past cases because who knows there might be a pattern across the cases he took. so who will do it?" wheein asked the team.

Sung Hoon raises his hands enthusiastically. wheein give it to him and ask Soo Jung tag along with him. Immediately they exit the office and get on with their jobs. 

"the both of us can question Solar and So yeon to find tell us more about their case." Hyejin suggested to Wheein, Wheein immediately agreed and go get the car.

They arrive shortly at Solar's house. Wheein rang the bell and  knocked on the door while Hyejin observe her surroundings.

So yeon open the door with a teddy bear on her arms. 

"oh! Wheein unnie? why are you here?." So yeon asked Wheein while staring at Hyejin as she looks familiar to her. 

"Hi So yeon!. Do you still remember me?." Hyejin greeted her happily. she crouch Down to get to So yeon eye level.

"hmm... you look familiar but I can't  remember where I have met you." So Yeon replied her while trying to recall.

"So yeon ah who is at the door." a soft voice calling out her daughter name. 

Solar approaches her daughter to remind her not to open the door to any strangers. as she approaches, she saw a familiar figure. 

"Good morning Mrs Moon. we are detectives coming from Incheon police station. this is my partner, Ahn Hyejin." Hyejin bow to her.  "we are here to resolve your unsolved case 2 years ago. may we come in to talk about it. Wheein greeted her professionally as she on duty while showing they detectives card to her." 

"yes,please come in." solar grabs her daughter hand and brings her to her side to make way for the detectives. solar than heads to the kitchen and  make 2 cups of tea for the detectives. 

So yeon grabs Wheein and Hyejin hands,guiding them to the living room. they thanked So yeon and sat on the old sofa waiting patiently for solar. So yeon decided to sit beside Hyejin and scans her face.she still figuring out where they have met.

"you don't have to do that. we are only here for a short while." Wheein told solar in a soft tone. 

"no, no. I'm willing to." solar replied while looking at Wheein in the eyes for a good 10 seconds causing Wheein's heart to beat rapidly. 

solar serves them their tea. wheein and Hyejin thanked her for her thoughtfulness.
they both took a sip and strangely they like it. they continue to take several more sips. solar watches them and giggle silently. she lets them take their time to drink their tea as they seem to enjoy it. wheein's gaze met with solar's. both of them stare at each other once again. solar blushes and looks away. 
Hyejin noticed them. she elbow her best friend to get her attention that causes wheein to burn her tongue and spilled some of her tea on her thigh. 

Both solar and wheein's hand reach out for the napkins infront of them at the same time.wheein accidentally grabs solar hands instead. wheein immediately let go of her hand and apologize. solar assured her that is fine and pass the napkins to wheein. 

To avoid further awkwardness, wheein dives into the questions right away about the cases.

Mostly So yeon answers them as she remembers every single details as she is the one who reported it. Solar couldn't remember due to her coma 2 years ago as she just woke up from it early this year. 

"one last question. is she still currently beating you?." Hyejin asked solar cautiously. 

Solar hesitated to answer. So yeon looks at her mother,she wants to answer it for her but she knows her mother and her will get beaten up if her other mother found out. Wheein notice So yeon eyes tremble with fear indicating that the abusing is still going on. 

They decided to end their interview with them with their last question unanswered as they think that is not the right time yet. wheein took the initiative to bring the empty tea cups to the kitchen.

"thank you detective wheein but you don't have to." solar thank her but at the same time she feels bad about it.

wheein decided to wash the cups as well. Solar told her that she will do it but wheein refuse to listen. 

"I'll wash it unnie! don't worry!. unnie you don't need to address me so formally. I'm done with my job." wheein giggled while rinsing the cup with water. solar was touched by wheein actions. she never felt this way before as she is being treated horribly especially with her wife.

"I'm sorry that the house is in a mess and I'm sure the couch is super uncomfortable as it is torn and there broken springs." solar apologises to wheein. 

"you dont have to be sorry. you didn't do anything wrong." wheein smile at her to assured her that it fine. "in fact i grew up in countryside in Jeonju. this doesn't bother me at all" wheein added while looking at solar bruises. it darker than the previous time she saw and it's similar to the picture she saw in the report. solar notice her and immediately pull her arm sleeves to cover it.

Hyejin stood up from the uncomfortable sofa, to stretch her body and waits patiently for wheein to finish with her little 'date'. 

"Hyejin Unnie.' So yeon taps Hyejin's forearm. 

"Yes So yeon?." Hyejin replied her while kneeling down on one knee to get to her eye level.

"Can you tell me where did we meet?." So yeon question Hyejin as her curiosity is killing her. 

"At the hospital when your mama was sick....hmmm... do you remember i gave you my shiny golden pen to you... you could not take your eyes off it when I'm writing." Hyejin tries to help So yeon remember. 

So yeon hops off the sofa and went to her room to search for the pen. a few seconds later, she brings it out to the living room.

"Is this your pen?." So yeon waved the pen infront of her to show Hyejin. Hyejin smiled at her. she was surprised that the pen is still with her. So yeon wanted to give Hyejin back as she felt bad but Hyejin refused saying that it was a gift to her. 

Hyejin and wheein waved them good and once again thank them for the tea before heading out.

during the car ride back to the office, both of them talk more about the case.

"my best friend was whipped just now by some one." Hyejin started to tease Wheein.

"no!. what are you talking about?." Wheein tries to bite her lips from curving up. 

"kojimal~." Hyejin continue to .

"say it one more time and I will drop you at the highway. you walk to the office instead" Wheein threatens her. 

"jeez Wheein ah. you don't need to be so defensive if it not true" Hyejin provoke her even more. 

Wheein gives up on answering her and continue to focus on the road.  

soon,they reached the office saw their maknaes waiting patiently for them

"alright,tell me what you got!." Wheein asked with enthusiasm. 

"Choi Min Su was confirm the detective in charge of this case. I went to Seoul Yongsan Police Station first because of my father's case last year. I decided to take that as a reference. Nothing change.He still works there and he is working in the same department,specialize in brutal crimes. he is still also the Detective chief squad as well. he and his team were on vacation right now. they will be back in 3 days time. Next I asked the officers over there to send me past cases Choi Min Su took. they will be here later on in the evening to hand it over to us. I took one of it with me now and compare it to Solar's case. the handwriting is the same. I send it to the forensics department to do an analysis. and the results show 100% match.  Sung Hoon slowly explain to let his team absorb the the information.

"I looked through Choi Min Su police background. Apparently, he works as an FBI before in the U.S. he came back to Korea and firstly started working in one of the police station in daegu. What strange is that he got transfer to another police station in 5 days In ulsan and than to another in 3 days in geonggi . I think he now permanently  attached to Seoul Yongsan Police station as he have been working for almost a decade over there. Soo Jung added to Sung Hoon information. 

"great job the both of you." Wheein compliment the maknaes. we will question Choi Min Su and his team when they return. during this three days, we will review past cases of Choi Min Su and compare them.  Secondly, we have to visit the stations that have work at to find out the reason why is he transferring alot of time.  At the same time i need someone to do profiling on MoonbyulE too. I have a feeling that there something more about her." Wheein gives a another task to the team. 

"How about tomorrow Sung Hoon and Soo Jung go to daegu police station while me and Wheein go to ulsan. The day after tomorrow we will all go to geonggi since there 30 over police stations that we need to ask." Hyejin suggested 

the team agreed with hyejin and waste no time. Sung Hoon and Soojung immediately took out their laptops to do find out more about moonbyul. 

"isn't it strange that we didn't hear any rumors about that Choi Min Su when we work in Seoul Yongsan Police station as civil police. we even took solar case a couple years ago, he looks friendly and well-mannered when we were tasked by him to do a witness statement on behalf on him" Hyejin question Wheein with a confuse look. 

Wheein agreed with her best friend about Choi Min Su. Both of them met him once for Solar's case. He even give words of encouragements to them and treat them coffee at times. Wheein confuse about Choi Min Su real identity.

"there a few options in my mind. first option maybe the police station over there is trying to cover him up to not ruin their reputation. second opinion is that the entire people working over there is corrupted. or the third option might be he having some sort of power of something. like someone powerful helping him from behind " Wheein rubs her temples knowing that this case is not gonna be an easy one.

Hyejin stomach grumbles in the middle of the conversation. Wheein looks at Hyejin than the clock on the office. 18:00. it's dinner time. she whip out her phone from her pocket and order Jajangmyeon for dinner. Wheein paid for the team dinner as a reward for working hard today especially her best friend Hyejin.