Chap 9: Day 3 part 3

Let me be your shield

It's 6:25 AM, Wheein woke up to someone breathing on her neck. She looks down and she immediately froze seeing Solar nuzzling into her neck while wrapping her arms around Wheein's waist. Wheein didn't dare to move or even breathe. she can feel her heart pounding in her chest, every single pound of it. A part of her wants to cuddle with her and another part of her refuses to as Solar is married. It's 6:30 AM, Wheein's Alarm went off.
Solar open her eyes slowly and was startled to find herself sleeping next to her. She pulled away from Wheein shockingly.

"unnie I can explain...yesterday Soo Yeon was asleep at the couch when I return home from work. I carried her to the bedroom. As soon as I
lay her down on the bed, she told me to sleep next to her and I did. I did not know how we end up like this. I remember putting her to sleep in between us." Wheein quickly explained to Solar to prevent any misunderstanding.

Solar begins to giggle at Wheein who is stuttering with her words. she finds it adorable. Wheein looks at her with a confused face.

"It's ok. it was my fault too. I thought I was hugging my pillow because back in my house, I'm used to hugging my pillow as my bed feels a little empty every night." Solar apologizes to Wheein.

"no. It's not your fault. It's ok unnie, I can't sleep without anyone next to me too. I'm used to sleeping next to my grandma back in Jeonju." Wheein told Solar.

"You must have a great sleep then." Solar teased Wheein to get rid of the awkward tension.

"yes because of you...no no. Because I was tired." Wheein replied to Solar and wanting to punch herself in the stomach as she accidentally said it a little too loud.

"I should go make breakfast now." Solar blushes while leaving the room.

Wheein grabs the pillow next to her and punches it continuously as she felt embarrassed.

"Unnie? what are you doing?" Soo Yeon asked Wheein curiously as she stood by the door.

"ahh nothing. there a fly on the pillow, I am trying to get rid of it." Wheein told Soo Yeon as she threw the pillow behind her.

"oh, I see... Unnie can you help me with my schoolwork?" Soo Yeon asked Wheein while showing her math question in front of her to let Wheein read.

"Sure!. Let's go to the living room and do it while waiting for our breakfast." Wheein told Soo Yeon and holds her hand.

Wheein slowly explains the solutions to Soo Yeon as she is having difficulty with understanding the concept. As time past by, Soo Yeon finally understood how to solve her maths questions thanks to Wheein.
Wheein was so proud of her as she knows that learning maths is difficult to understand especially when Soo Yeon is homeschool. She squishes Soo Yeon chubby cheeks that she inherited by her mother and compliments her. Soo Yeon decided to the same thing as Wheein. Both of them laughs at each other faces seeing how ridiculous they look.

Hyejin and Solar who was cooking in the kitchen called them for breakfast. Wheein carries Soo Yeon. Soo Yeon put her fist up in the air like superman and Wheein 'flies' her to the kitchen.

They began to eat their breakfast. compared to yesterday, They are able to talk with one another without feeling awkward.immediately after eating, Wheein and Hyejin waved Solar and Soo Yeon goodbye as they head out to work. 

They arrived at the office to Lee Dahee writing on the board on the list of lawyers she and the other detectives search yesterday night. They sat down on their chair waiting patiently for her to explain her plans.

"Good Morning everyone. I hope you had a great sleep. without further ado let me explain why I want to work this case with you. My father was one of the higher rankings and was the overall in-charge of the Seoul Yongsan Police Station. Choi Min Su was jealous of my father as he was well-liked by many people. He wants his position as he has been a detective chief squad for a long time. He decided to kill my father by hiring a hitman to kill him. Detectives from Seoul Yongsan Police Station arrested him but was released due to his uncle who is a lawyer name Choi Soo Bin. Apparently, the other higher rankings over there did not do anything as well as Choi Soo Bin is a very powerful lawyer. my guess is He threatened the higher rankings over there to keep quiet about the incident. I have list down 5 lawyers that are able to get rid of them. They will come in the evening to introduce themselves later on. we only have 3 days till for Choi Min Su and MoonbyulE trial. I know they will be released by Choi Soo Bin soon. Right now I want you and your team to get all cases of witness and victims that Choi Min Su took to show up to trial. This includes Solar and Soo Yeon. That the only thing left as we have more than enough evidence." Lee Dahee explains her plans to the team as detail as possible.

Lee Dahee decided to work with them in the office instead of hers as she willing to arrest Choi Min Su for her father. Wheein can't wait for the good news to share with Solar. She continues her work feeling more determined than before. All of a Sudden, A frail lady came into their office.

"Good morning detectives. I am Choi Min Su wife, Park Eun Bin. I'm here to tell you the things my husband did to me. Please help me put him in jail. I can't endure it anymore. I can't endure the pain he gave to me every day. I can't endure him getting bailed out after he abuses my son who is only 8 years old. He is currently in the hospital in Coma right now. Choi Min Su abuses him straight after he came back from a vacation. I could not keep quiet any longer. Please help me and my son!." Park Eun Bin expresses her sorrows and anger towards the detectives.

Lee Dahee told the team to continue with their work as she will take care of it. She told Park Win Bin to follow her.

"Firstly, I am Lee Dahee, Senior Detective specializing in brutal crimes. I would like to thank you for being brave to tell us the horrible things Choi Min Su did to you. Thanks to you, There will be more evidence now. I am sorry that your son is in the hospital but I can assure you that I will arrest Choi Min Su during the trial in 3 days. Trust me and I will pay your son hospital fees. Can you let me take pictures of your bruises and witness statement? As well as showing up to the trial?." Lee Dahee asked her calmy while offering her a glass of water.

"thank you, Detective. make sure you arrest him. Yes, you have my permission." Park Eun Bin thanked Lee Dahee.

Lee Dahee exits her office together with Park Eun Bin and walks her to the bus stop. Park Eun Bin bowed to the rest of the team to show her appreciation towards them and hey bowed back at her.

Suddenly, A man in a Suit enters the Office.

"I am Choi Soo Bin, I am here to pick Choi Min Su and MoonbyulE up." He told Wheein while showing a paper to let Wheein and her team read.

Lee Dahee returns to the office and saw Choi Soo Bin. She snatched the paper from him to read it.

"What do you mean you can bail them out. The trial has not even started." Lee Dahee question Choi Soo Bin and crush the paper.

"you read what you saw, hurry up and let them out. Time is precious." Choi Soo Bin told Lee Dahee while tapping his watch.

Lee Dahee got no choice but to let Choi Min Su and MoonbyulE out. Choi Min Su and MoonbyulE walks out of their cell and gave their evil smirk to the detectives. Lee Dahee wants to punch those three so bad but she reminds herself that her juniors are watching her.

"We still have 10 more days to solve this case. Don't worry we still have time to arrest them. we will let the 5 lawyers know later on." Lee Dahee told the team and throw the crushed paper on the table.

Wheein grabs the crushed paper to read it as she did not finish reading it earlier on. She looks at the prosecutor name. Jeon Mi-Do. Wheein remembers seeing this signature on one of Choi Min Su case. She rummaged through the box of Cases and managed to find it after 30 minutes. She compared the signature. It's similar but slightly different.

"The paper is fake!. Look at this. the signature looks forged" Wheein told Lee Dahee and the team while showing them the comparison of the signature.

"Jeon Mi-Do. She a prosecutor in Seoul Yongsan Station but she quits working as a prosecutor right after my father died." Lee Dahee told the team.

"ok. here what we are going to do. Send the signatures to the forensic department to do handwriting analysis. as well as question Jeon Mi-Do about this." wheein told the team.

Soojung decided to volunteer to send it to the forensics department while wheein and the rest of them decided to visit Jeon Mi-Do to question her.
Lee Dahee decided to wait in the office to figure things out and meet the lawyers.

Wheein,Sung Hoon and Jeon Mi-Do arrived at Jeon Mi-do place. Jeon Mi-Do welcome them to her home.

"What can I do for you detectives." Jeon Mi-Do asked them while offering them to take a seat.

"We are here to reinvestigate Choi Min Su unsolved cases especially on domestic violence and child abuse. Do you signed a paper to bail them out?" Wheein asked her and gave the crumpled paper to her.

"no. I quit being a prosecutor after the overall in-charge passed away. Due to corruption, I resigned." Jeon Mi-Do told them clearly.

"Do you have a notepad with you?. I will sign my signature on it." Jeon Mi-Do asked Wheein.

Wheein took out her notepad from her right pocket and gave it to her.

"As you can see, my cursive, size and length are different than the one signed in the paper. give this to the forensic department to compare." Jeon Mi-Do told them.

They thanked Jeon Mi-Do and head back to the office. soon, they arrived at the office. They sat down and show the signature to Lee Dahee who was waiting for the handwriting analysis result to be announced. Lee Dahee quickly told Sung Hoon to passed it to the forensic department.
 
After an hour of waiting, The results showed up. One of the Officer of the forensic science deparment announced that the signature on the paper did not match with the signature on both the notepad and on the case. He passed the analysis to Lee Dahee before exiting the office.

"ok. I think we can solve this within a week. let's wait for the lawyers to arrive in 3 hours." Lee Dahee told the team.

while waiting, The office received a phone call. Hyejin picks it up to answer. She told the team that one of the witnesses Lee So Min, MoonbyulE ex wife is found dead at her home. Wheein and the team immediately get into the car while Lee Dahee gets into another car with backup.

They arrived at the scene. They saw Lee Somin's wife comforting her son. Wheein told Sung Hoon and Hyejin to take a witness statement from them while she, Lee Dahee and Soo Jung investigate.

"there no sign of a break-in at all. there no bruises on her too. it's not a murder neither a suicide as she has no reason to kill herself" Lee Dahee told Wheein and Soo Jung.

Wheein imagines that she is in the scene where the crime happened. She walks through the scene. She saw a window was left ajar. she looks at the rest of the windows.they were all lock tightly. She walks towards the window to take a closer look. she looks on the window ledge, there a speck of slight dirt on it. she told the forensic science department to analyze it. next, she went to the table. There a glass of water filled to the brim and a glass of half of the water spilled on the table. She takes a closer look at the glasses of water. she noticed that there a lipstick-stained on both glasses of water. however there a difference in it. there only a slight lipstick stained on the glass of water that is filled to the brim compared to the lipstick-stained on the half-empty glass of water.

"Sunbae, she has been poison. you might think that both of them is water but if you look at it carefully, there is more lipstick stained on the half-empty glass of water. The culprit must have asked her to choose between two glasses of water. I believe Lee So Min originally chose water first but was switched to the glass of water that contains the poison. This must be the culprit pressuring her to switch at the very last minute which leads to Lee So Min drinking the poison and due to the effect, she struggles to put down her glass of water filled with poison on the table causing it to spill all over the table. next, one of the windows was left ajar while the rest of it was not. I believe Lee So Min just return home from work. She did not have the time to unlock every single window in this big mansion. I also believe the culprit can be MoobyulE or Choi Min Su as MoonyulE is Lee So Min ex-wife. she might come after her for money. or Choi Min Su is trying to get rid of the evidence as he is famous for it or it can be both of them. my next guess is the rest of the witness might be the next victims. if we don't react fast, we might lose our evidence" Wheein explains to Lee Dahee and Soo Jung.

Lee Dahee and Soo Jung were in awe by wheein. even though Lee Dahee is the most senior among the team, She was amazed by wheein's skills.

Wheein told them to head back to the office to discuss further more and meet the lawyers. while wheein was walking towards her car. she saw a strand of long hair hanging in between the window that were ajar earlier on. She took out her gloves to take it out and passed it to one of the officers in the forensic science department.

They arrived at the office and has 30 min left to discuss before the lawyer's arrival. Wheein explained her part of her story to the Sung Hoon and Hyejin who were not there as they are busy writing a statement from Lee So Min's Wife and son. wheein also added the part where she found a strand of long hair. Hyejin than explains the witness statement that Lee So Min's wife is at work while her son was still in school. Lee Dahee told them to inform the civil police to let the witness have police protection until they catch Choi Min Su and MoonbyulE.

30 minutes later, The lawyers have arrived. Lee Dahee and her team told them what happen and the Lawyers told them not to worry as they are confident that they are going to win the case. the lawyers and Lee Dahee further discuss the details with one another.

The result is finally out. The officers from the forensic science department told them the hair belongs to MoonbyulE. the speck of slight dirt was from Choi Min Su. The lipstick-stained was from Lee So Min and it is confirmed that the cause of death is due to poison as they took the sample of the poison to the lab. The team are now more confident that they have way more enough evidence and powerful lawyers to arrest Choi Min Su and MoonbyulE as well as Choi Soo Bin. Wheein told Sung Hoon and Soo Jung to inform officers all over Korea to ban Choi Min Su, MoonbyulE, Choi Soo Bin from leaving the  country and get ready to patrol the whole nation while Hyejin posts wanted pictures on the internet. Wheein and Lee Dahee went to the prosecutor office for a warrant arrest. The Prosecutor agreed after reading the report and signed the warrant arrest.

After they are settled with their tasks. They get into the car for patrolling. Sirens can be heard all over the country, Helicopters can be seen flying all over the skies, Airports and ferry terminal tightened their security even tigther than before. Wheein and her team are listening to the cybersecurity department for the location. After 1 hour of patrolling, wheein told Sung Hoon to drive faster to the Ferry Terminals in Busan. Sung Hoon pressed the pedal hard and speed as if he was back in his college days when he was a sports car racer. 45 minutes later, They arrived in Busan and saw Choi Min Su trying to get into the boat. Wheein slammed the car door after alighting and points her guns towards them. The rest of the team followed her.

"STOP MOVING OR I WILL SHOOT YOU!" Wheein shouted at them.

Choi Min Su told his team to get rid of them. Sung Hoon steps in and fights them one by one with his baton. Wheein pointed her gun up to the sky and shot it through the sky.

"It's not fake. it's loaded with bullets. I have 7 bullets left. SO YOU ALL BETTER GET OUT OF THE BOAT BEFORE I START SHOOTING." Wheein told them while shooting another bullet up through the sky.

Suddenly, MoonbyulE took out her pistol and points at wheein while walking closer to her. Choi Min Su told her not to shoot but MoonbyulE refuse to listen and pull back the hammer of the pistol.

"THIS IS MY LAST WARNING, IF YOU DON'T PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPON, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO SHOOT YOU." Wheein warned MoonbyulE while she gets ready to shoot.

MoonbyulE turned to Choi Min Su and Choi Soo Bin and mouthed sorry. her hands were trembling. Sung Hoon took his gun out slowly. All of a sudden, MoonbyulE shot at Wheein but was blocked by Sung Hoon. It hit the same spot he got shot by Choi Min Su yesterday. Wheein shot at MoonbyulE in both of her legs causing her to fall onto the ground she yells in pain. Soon the swat team arrived and apprehended them. Soo Jung attends to Sung Hoon and calls the ambulance.

After 30 minutes of chaos, the team drove to the hospital to check on Sung Hoon

"are you ok?" Wheein asked him as she feels bad for Sung Hoon protecting her for the second time.

"I am ok sunbae!. don't worry! besides this is my job and our job here is done. we left with the trial in 2 days." Sung Hoon smile at wheein to reassure her

They waited for the nurse to finish treating Sung Hoon wound. once done, They head back to the office to pack their bags and go home. Lee Dahee told the team to turn in for work tomorrow at 1 PM instead of the usual reporting time as there not much left to do except for final touches of the reports to be shown in the trial.

Lee Dahee volunteer to drive them back home as her Hoobaes were yawning away. she doesn't want anyone of them to get into a car accident due to lack of sleep. Wheein and Hyejin was the last person to arrive home. Hyejin drags her feet to the bedroom and immediately turn off the lights to go to sleep. Wheein went into the kitchen to cook ramen as she did not eat anything throughout the whole day. while she was cooking she was startled by Solar standing behind her.

"Unnie!. You scared me! why are you not asleep yet? Its 3:45 AM." Wheein turn off the stove as she was done cooking her ramen.

Solar did not reply. wheein looks at her with a confused look. Solar hugs wheein tightly and wheein felt her shirt soon became wet due to Solar's Tears.

"Are you ok? I am worried about you. I saw the News today. they were capturing the whole thing. You did not get shot right?" Solar asked wheein and cry even harder.

"I'm ok unnie. I did not get shot. Sung Hoon protected me. even if I got shot, I wore a bulletproof vest. Don't worry unnie, everything is over now." Wheein rubs her back.

Wheein pulls away from Solar and wipes her tears with her hands.

"aigoo, why do you still look so pretty even when you are crying." Wheein caresses her cheeks lovingly.

solar stares at wheein's lips. Wheein noticed her. She did not know what to do. she brings solar's face closer to her. their foreheads are resting on one another. They stared right into each other eyes.

"Wheein ah did you cook something? give me some too." Hyejin opens her door and walks out of her room to see Wheein and Solar looking flustered.

"Why are you guys acting strange? are you guys eating without me." Hyejin ran to the kitchen to see one ramen being cooked.

Hyejin took a chopstick to take a bite from wheein's ramen.

"why is the ramen too soggy? did you leave the ramen out for way too long?" Hyejin questions them as if they are being interrogated.

Wheein and Solar did not reply to her as they do not know any excuse to come up with. Wheein looks at the clock its 4 AM. she did not know she left her ramen for 15 minutes as her mind is only filled with her kissing solar until Hyejin interrupted them.

Hyejin placed her chopsticks in the sink after a few more bites before heading back to her bedroom.

Wheein was about to say something to solar but was stopped by Solar's lips. Wheein brings up her right hand to solar's face while her left hand on solar's waist, pulling her in closer to her. The kiss was slow and sweet. after a few minutes, Solar breaks the kiss to catch her breath. Solar was trying not to blush after what she had done.

"Unnie, you look so red right now but its ok you still look cute" Wheein told solar while trying to surpressed her giggles.

Solar hit her on the shoulder lightly as she felt embarrassed about how she looks. Wheein gives a quick peck on her cheeks before telling her to go to bed. Solar refuses to because she wants to cook wheein better food as the ramen is not healthy and  it has turned soggy. Solar decided to stay up to cook wheein kimchi fried rice. After they have ate. Wheein decided to sleep with Solar and Soo Yeon. she holds Solar's hands and they walk hand in hand to the bedroom.