Chap 5: day 2 part 1

Let me be your shield

After eating their dinner, they back to work. The officers from Yongsan Seoul Station came to pass the case reports to them. 6 boxes of full case reports. each of her teammates took 1 box each.

Wheein waste no time and took one of the case report. she began to compare with Solar's case. its 22:00 shown on the office clock,soon she finish her 1st box. she summarizes the similarities in her laptop. she also list down her thoughts rationally.

-1st similarities:Choi Min Su cases were all domestic violence/child abuse or both.

my guess : Choi Min Su have experience it before? either he is the victim or suspect.

solution: asked the team on doing a research on his family background.

-2nd similarities: no witness show up/witness statement is not attached to documents

my guess: witness is the most crucial part. if witness doesn't show up,highly chance, the suspect will drop his/her charges. however there should be a witness statement on behalf of the witness if they can't make it to the trial. 

solution: asking Hyejin about the witness statement of So yeon . 

-3rd similarities: no fingerprints were detected on weapons. 

my guess: impossible not to find any fingerprints even if they wear anything on their hands to prevent fingerprints from detected. suspect can still leave their fingerprints carelessly. if they still can't find the fingerprints. they can clip off victim's nail as victims likely to fight back the suspect. eg, scratching the skin of the attacker will most likely leave their DNA on it as there were skin contact or dirt.

solution:asked the team to talk to the forensics department  in Seoul Yongsan Police station. 

 


these are the three things that wheein find similar in her pile of box.

"guys..." wheein wants to tell the team about the similarities but they fell asleep on the table.

wheein check the time on her phone. 2AM. she lets them be as they got a long day tomorrow as well. she continue to search for somemore similarities till sleepiness took over her.
________________________________________
All of a sudden, there a loud bang. wheein and the team were startled by the noise. they woke up to their senior detective, Lee Dahee, slamming on the table with her palm to wake them up. 

"why does the office stinks?" Lee dahee  pinched her nose with her fingers.

wheein and her team smell the room realising it's coming from them.  

"if you want to stay overnight. there 3 options. first option, go home,take a bath and return back to the office. second option, there are showering cubicles. you can bath here and bring extra clothes. Third option, bring a perfume if for whatever reason you can't do the 1st or 2nd option." Lee Dahee took out the air freshener and spray around the office. 

they bow to her senior detective to apologise and waits for her to leave. 

"we should all go take a shower at home and return to work at 10AM. don't be late. we got a long day today as well as bring extra clothes as we are going to work overnight." wheein instruct her team by following Lee Dahee instructions.

the team sigh as they can't get extra sleep and will have to work overnight. wheein felt bad for the team so she decided to drive them home. 

after driving the maknaes home. she and Hyejin finally reached home. Hyejin decided to bath first before wheein. wheein agrees and head to the kitchen to make her coffee as she needs caffeine to stay awake. she took a sip while thinking about the case. she realised she didn't notice that the witness statement will missing all along even after interviewing So yeon once 2 years back. she smacked her head and continue to think. 

"wheein ah,wheein ah." Hyejin taps her shoulder while drying her hair.

wheein return back to reality after being stuck on her thoughts. 

"it's your turn to bath." Hwasa reminded her to hurry.  wheein nodded and proceed to bath. 

wheein change into a clean clothes. as she grab her car keys from the table she saw her best friend sleeping on the couch,drooling.

"Ya Ahn Hyejin. let's go." wheein grabs both of Hwasa arms and pull her out of the couch. Hwasa leans on her sleepily. 

"ahh seriously...ahn hyeejinnnnnn. we have to go. " wheein begs Hyejin to wake up.

wheein got no choice but to carry Hyejin on her back. she gather all her strength and lift her up. she struggles to walk to her car and barely managed to place Hyejin down on the passenger seat. she buckles her seatbelt before driving off. 

"Ya Ahn Hye Jin, wake up right now, we have arrived. come on now." wheein shakes her best friend shoulder.  

wheein took a water bottle from the backseat,pour it on her hands and splash it on Hyejin face. it doesn't has an impact on her. 

"ahh seriously Ahn Hye Jin, you leave me up to no choice" wheein mumbled under her breath. she splash the whole bottle onto Hyejin face. 

Hyejin woke up, spitting the water out from her nose and mouth. she looks at wheein feeling annoyed. wheein felt sorry and wipes her face with napkins. 

they enter to the office and saw their maknaes had already arrived,eating a bento box. they saw theirs on the table.
Hyejin immediately went to her seat and start to devour her food. 

"did you guys bought it?." wheein asked the maknaes while opening the lid of the bento box.

"no. the food was on the table before we came in. but there a note on the table." Soo Jung passed the note to wheein.

wheein took a look at the note.

note:
enjoy your food!. 

wheein doesn't recognize this handwriting but decided to eat it anyway
the bento box tasted like home cook food as its a little bland but they still feel appreciative. 

Lee Dahee enters the office with 4 orange juice, herbal drinks and place it on their tables. 

"I bought you guys these since you guys are working hard." Lee Dahee try to hide her concern face.

"thank you Sunbae. thank you for the bento box too." wheein thanked on behalf of the team. 

"it's wasn't me. I just arrived." Lee Dahee replied with a confuse look. the team were confused too.

"ahh I forgot, it was me. silly me." Sung Hoon pretend to laugh. 

Lee Dahee nodded her head and enters her office. 

"did you really bought this?." wheein questioned Sung Hoon. 

"no. I just want Sunbae to leave to prevent further akwardness." Sung Hoon replied wheein.

the team understands as they felt the same. they decided to eat anyway as they were hungry. They than talk about their Sunbae being a tsundere.

its 1PM. they start to discuss about the case again. wheein explain the similarities she typed in her laptop. the team agreed as they found the same points as wheein. wheein suggest that they will proceed with her solution after they proceed with yesterday plan. visiting police stations that Choi Min Su worked with.  

they went their separate ways. wheein and hyejin arrived at ulsan. they enter police station while showing their detective identity cards. they introduced themselves and their purpose of visiting.

"ahh Choi Minsu. he doesn't have a good reputation here. wonders where is he now? anyway, many officers and detectives believe he destroy evidences. one time, I asked from the forensics department for the fingerprints analysis.  they told me someone from my team took it. i asked my team about it and no one took it. I even went and search their desk. they didnt have it. I went to ask the other team just in case. they said they didn't took it too till one of my teammates found it in Choi Min Su drawer located under his desk. I asked him why. he didn't replied and tore it infront of me." a detective told them.

"the higher rankings fire him the next day. that why he only works here less than a week."  the detective added.

"why did he tore it." wheein asked while Hyejin jot down every single thing she hears from the detective. 

"we interrogated him. he told us we didn't believe him and should have trusted him. I'm was so angry at him because I put back the torn pieces of paper together and it's the case I'm in charge off." The detective trying his best not to get angry while explaining.

wheein and Hyejin thanked the detective before heading back to the office.  Wheein told Hyejin that she wants to buy snacks so that the team can eat it while working overnight. Hyejin agreed. they drop by at the nearest convenient store where wheein bought So Yeon her chips the other day. 

They picked a variety of snacks that the basket is filled to the brim. Wheein ask Hyejin to queue for her as she forget to grab one last snack. Hyejin nodded since the line were still long. She willing to wait.

she went into an aisle where the honey butter chip were located. as she tries to find it. she saw Solar at the same aisle.
wheein heart was beating so fast that she could faint anytime soon. she tries to stay calm and greeted her. 

"hello unnie." wheein greeted her. 

"oh wheein,hello." solar greeted her back with a huge smile on her face showing her two little dimples. 

wheein finds that she even more beautiful when she smiles. she stare at her. solar blushes and called out to wheein. 

"sorry... why are you doing here" wheein sttutled. 

"I work here." while solar pointing out to her nametag. 

"oh since when?" wheein asked curiously as she doesn't see solar on the other day where she brings So Yeon here.

"yesterday." solar replied shyly. "hope you enjoy the bento box I send you." solar added while looking down on the floor. 

"so it was from you? why did you that? you don't have to." wheein thank her.
"also your handwriting were really pretty just like the person who wrote it." wheein didn't knew she say it way too loud as she was struck by solar beauty.

solar blushes at her compliment. wheein wants to punch herself in the face,realising that she say it out loud. 

"I want to thank you for your kindness. you bought So Yeon her chips and wash the tea cups." solar bow to her. 

all of a sudden, Hyejin called out to her. Wheein excuse herself and went to the counter with grabbing her honey butter chips

"what took you so long!." Hyejin nags at her while wheein pass her credit card to her. wheein apologize to her and replied that it was nothing. 

They enter the car with 2 full bags of snacks. 

"that explains why the fingerprints across the cases were gone too." Hyejin discuss about the case while munching on her snack. 

wheein didnt hear what Hyejin say as her thoughts were filled with solar. 

Hye Jin threw a chip at her to get her attention. wheein startled and almost lose control of her steering wheel.

She ask Hyejin to repeat what she have just said. Hyejin let's out a annoyed sigh and repeated her sentences. wheein agreed on what she said.