Chap 7: Day 3 part 1

Let me be your shield

“Wheein Sunbae, you did not sleep at all?” Soo jung woke up from her sleep.

“I am not sleepy at all. Its only 5AM, you can sleep for another hour.” Wheein took a sip from her morning coffee while reviewing case reports.

“I think I have slept enough. I should go wash up now.” Soo Jung excuse herself to the toilet.

All of a sudden,she received a text from solar

____________________________________________

Today 05:30

I hope you enjoy

the food yesterday.

                                                     Thank you unnie! But

                                              you  don't have to do that

Since you are helping me.

This is one way that I can

Show you my thankfulness

                                         I don't  want you to be tired.

No no.i enjoy cooking.

i never get to cook for anyone

besides So yeon.

                                                      I will enjoy it for you!

                                                 is she still abusing you?

im ok.She didn't came home for

A few days now.

                                             tell me if anything happen

Yes I will. I have to Go

To work now.

Have a Great day!

                                                              You too unnie!

_____________________________________________________

 

“Sunbae, the bento box has arrived again.” Soo Jung came into the office with Solar’s homecook food looking confuse.

“its from Solar, I think she be sending us those every morning.” Wheein told Soo Jung not to worry.

“wake up those two to eat before we continue with our tasks.” Wheein grabs her food and the notes.

Note:

I hope you enjoy the food! I

Will be making for you every morning ;)

 

Hyejin noticed wheein was smiling like a fool and decided to throw a crushed paper ball at her.

Wheein was startled by it and pretends to eat. Wheein gave them an hour to eat and do whatever the things they need to do.

 

“Today, let’s talk to Choi Min Su therapist. Secondly, we need to search for a lawyer that is able to defeat the higher rankings in Seoul Yongsan Station. Thirdly, we need to follow MoonByulE around because I have received a text message from solar that she didn’t came home for a few days now. I got a feeling something bad happened to her.” Wheein wrote it down on the board.

 

“how about the warrant arrest on Choi Min Su.” Sunghoon asked wheein.

“like Lee Dahee Sunbae said yesterday. Is no use to arrest him now when there higher ranking protecting him now. we need get rid of them first before arresting him.” Wheein answer him while putting back the cap on the marker.

“let get going now. this time, Sung hoon please drive a little slower. I understand that you were a sports car racer before but I don’t want anyone to get hurt.” Wheein reminded Sung Hoon.

They exit the office and hop into the car. The drive was shorter than expected since it nearby, they enter the building and All of a Sudden, Hye jin pull the team behind the pillars.

“That MoonbyulE and Choi Min Su over there.” Hye Jin whispered to them.

The team look at the direction hwasa is pointing at. Wheein suggested Sung Hoon and Hye jin to follow them while she and Soo Jung interview the therapist. They agreed and obeyed wheein’s instruction.

Sung Hoon and Hye Jin exit the building secretively,trying not to get caught. Wheein and Soo jung enter Choi Min Su office and greeted him. He greeted them back and asked them to take a seat.

“How may I help you detectives?” Therapist name, Lee min seok asked.

“we are here to find out more about Choi Min Su Condition. He have been suspected to be involve in domestic and child abuse case. we will appreciate it if you cooperate with us.” Wheein told him in a firm tone.

 

“well. he was here for his therapy together with his bestfriend MoonbyulE ever since they were like 8 years old. They been friends for a very long time. They both went through very similar family background when I conduct a hypnosis. They were both 8 back than when their father start abusing them and their mother with a metal rod. They than explain how their father start beating them with a metal rod. Choi Min Su mother passed away due to severe internal bleeding in the brain while MoonbyulE’s survive but all of a sudden she was bedridden 2 years ago. They both went through a tough period during their therapy. They showed anger especially towards their father because they did not get caught by the police. They did a re-enactment on how their father beat them and their mother. They told me that from today onwards they do not need therapy but i did a last hypnosis on them today since they said they are recovering well.it turns out to be worser than I have expected. They state things like how they enjoy what their father does when they were young. They said they go drinking and illegal betting and worse thing I ever heard is they enjoy beating their family now. I wrote a document on what they state during the hypnosis and was about to report it to the police. Right now what I can tell you is they are recreating the past into their family now because their father didn’t get caught by the police. Because of the traumatic incident, they want their family now to feel the pain and misery they feel in the past.” The therapist answers while passing the document to wheein.

“thank you. You maybe call to be a witness later on to the trial, I hope you can make time for it.” Wheein thanked him and exit the office.

 

“what he said is true, if we combine the evidences now. both MoonbyulE children was 8 years old when they got beaten up. The same age as MoonbyulE got beaten up when she was young. Now we need to interview Choi Min Su family to find out more information.” Soo jung flipping through the document while talking to Wheein.

“yeap. Lets head back to the office now.” Wheein instruct Soo jung while starting her car engine.

They enters the office waiting patiently for Hye jin and Sung Hoon to arrive. While waiting they decides to continue searching for lawyers.

Suddenly, Wheein phone rang. Its Hyejin, she answers her call.

 

“Wheein ah, quick come at solar’s place.” Hye jin immediately ended the call without stating the reason.

Wheein told Soo Jung to get into the car now. wheein was never really a fan of speed but the moment she hears solar name, she press on the pedal hard.

They soon reach Solar’s place and saw MoonbyulE in the backseat of car

“what happened?! Where solar?! Is she ok? Is so yeon ok?!” Wheein panicked trying to find solar and so yeon in the house.

“wheein calm down. They are fine!. They are being treated in the ambulance now.We followed them and we found them barging into the house and begins to abuse So yeon and Solar. Luckily we stopped them before anything worse happen. Choi Min Su was there video tapping everything that had happened. Sung Hoon is chasing him right now.” Hyejin explains while trying to catch her breath.

 

“are you ok? Did you get hurt?” wheein scans Hyejin from head to toes trying to find any bruises.

“im ok, luckily I tased that bastard before he escaped.” Hye jin roll her eye at MoonbyulE.

“that a relief, what did she hit them with?.” Wheein asked hyejin.

“a metal rod. Here. I have put it into a ziplock box. Her fingerprints were on them as well as a little bit of blood on it.” Hyejin replied wheein and pass the ziplock bag to her.

“great job, we can send this to the forensics department for fingerprint and blood analysis.” Wheein compliment Hyejin.

“I have lost him. He too quick.” Sung Hoon came huffing and puffing, trying to catch her breath.

Wheein looks around her and saw CCTVs capturing the whole scene. She told Sung Hoon to check on the CCTVs and bring the footage. Sung Hoon nodded. Soo Jung went to tag along.

“you should check on them while I check on that bastard. I need to test her alcohol intake. She drink and drive returning home.” Hye jin took out a breathalyzer from the car.

Wheein immediately went to the ambulance.

“are you ok?” wheein touch solar face to see her bruise.

“im ok, just a busted lip.” Solar flinched at wheein touch.

“im sorry I couldn’t call you on time, she hits me hard and I lost conscious for a moment.”solar added.

“no. I should be sorry. I should have come earlier.” Wheein pull her in for a hug to comfort her as she saw tears swelling up in solar eyes.

“wheein unnie!.” So yeon pulling wheein shirt to acknowledge her presence.

“are you ok?” wheein carries So yeon into her arms.

“im ok, umma shielded me.” So yeon tears up as she felt sorry for her mother.

“umma its ok So yeon ah~.” Solar smiled to comfort her.

Wheein suggested to Solar and So yeon to stay over her place as she know MoonbyulE will be released soon due to Choi Min Su. Solar refused but wheein insisted. Solar gave up as wheein keep insisting. Wheein told Hye jin about it as her house is Hye jin house as well. Hyejin agrees and told wheein to send her first before going back to the office. Hye jin enters her car with the rest of the police officers and drove off.

Wheein helps solar and so yeon with their things and packed them into her car trunk. She drove to them to her home.

They enter the house and begins to unpacked their things.

“unnie you can sleep with So yeon in my room. I will sleep in the couch.” Wheein unlocks her room door for them.

“but its your house, we are supposed to be sleeping on the couch,not you. Besides we are use sleeping on rough surfaces.” Solar insisted.

“no. unnie. its my house, my rules. So you have to listen to me. Take my room. Ill be fine besides I slept in the office before. Im good with the couch. make yourself home.” Wheein assured solar.

Wheein brings solar and soyeon to a mini house tour before leaving. Wheein greeted them goodbye and told them that she be home soon.

Wheein drove fast to the office and immediately went to the interrogation room to interrogate MoonbyulE.

“MOONBYULE, stop denying everything!, you want evidence, I bring you evidence.” Wheein slammed the tables while asking Soo Jung to bring in the evidence.

“the video have been captured by the police car camera. That’s you abusing on your wife and daughter. Next, you failed the test, your alcohol intake shows 80%. Next your fingerprints analysis. Your fingerprints is on the metal rod while the blood belongs to solar.” That’s 3 charges. Ready to come clean now?. wheein looks at him with deadly eyes.

MoonbyulE admitted to her actions but she seem calm about it.

“lock her up!.” Wheein order the civil police beside her.

The civil police nodded and brings moonbyulE to her cell.

Wheein exits the interrogation room angrily. Wheein told the team that is not the time to celebrate yet as MoonbyulE will be released soon since Choi Min Su is on the loose. She told the team to put wanted flyers of choi min su face in the internet and called the rest of the police to banned him from leaving the country. She also told them to continue searching for lawyers.

Its 12AM. The team were tired from lacking of sleep. Sung Hoon told Wheein that he wants to go home as he haven’t seen his family for 2 days. Soo Jung also agreed with Sung Hoon. She looks at Hye jin desperately begs her that she miss her bed. Wheein got no choice but to agree. They packed their things and went back home.

Wheein opens the door silently as she don’t want to wakes solar and so yeon up. Hyejin greeted her best friend goodnight and drag her feet to her room. Wheein lay down on the couch and use her bag as a pillow. Soon her eyelids become heavy and sleepiness begins to take over her