Chapter X

Say Yes To The Limelight
 

Faky Music Video Set

 

4g3gczaWy9zxnRii7ztJ3Z2WXSWiC_kFjCZhkls62S99gS3R0FZ853c-28WJfeP2jtvzp31UUXDMbjUfW5bIUp1RGnQpiuX3mH9Gkb3khuoicj7cfPQc9_Z3tSK1mw8sfuV5wyIx

 

“You girls look amazing.” Civannah she said to the girls as she watched them take their group photos.

The solo photos along with solo filming had been done the past two days and today would be the final day consisting of group filming and photos, that’s if they had enough good footage.

“Hey, I brought you an ice tea and a turkey sandwich.”

“Thanks but I’m not hungry.” Civannah told Matthew as she continued looking at the computer with the pictures.

“Civannah you haven’t eaten all morning. At least take half the sandwich.”

“Are you going to eat the other half?” Civannah asked, finally looking up from the photos.

“Is that a thank you for caring about me and being my super awesome assistant, Matthew?”

Civannah rolled her eye’s and walked over to the Faky’s manager, Matthew right behind her.

“Min Young, I need to step out for a bit.”

“No problem. I’ll call if we need you right away.”

“Thank you.” Civannah said to the older woman before leaving the shoot.

“You’re very persistant.” Civannah told Matthew once they had found a quiet place outside to eat.

“Well you haven’t looked well the past few days. I wouldn’t be a good friend or assisant if i didn’t worry about you.” Matthew said as he passed over half the sandwich to Civannah.

“Thanks for caring.”

“I can’t believe Changmin’s letting you leave the house when you look like this.”

“Like what?” Civannah asked before taking a bite of the sandwich.

“Pale for one. But your eyes also look dull, kind of lifeless.”

“My mom called and said my dad had a heart attack last night.”

“And you're guilt tripping yourself because you’re not there?” Matthew asked and saw Civannah nod her head. “Don’t. I’m sure your dad will be fine. I’m sure he knows that you would be there if you could and is proud of you for sticking to your commitments.”

“That doesn't make me feel any better. My friend told me the same thing when I called her and told her. I’m jealous of her though. She dropped everything she was doing and flew back to Colorado. She’s a blogger and can do her job from anywhere, but me? I’m stuck here on the other side of the world thirteen hours away. It’s frustrating.” Civannah spoke, trying to wipe her tears as she spoke.

“Then go home Civannah.” Matthew spoke after he took a few minutes to process everything Civannah had said.

“I can’t leave the girls. They need me.”

“Civannah you can’t give them your best like this. Stay for the shoot but I’m booking you for the first flight back. You can have video meetings and work remote until you absolutely need to come back.”

“I-” Civannah began before she stopped. What Matthew said made sense. There was no reason she couldn’t oversee editing from afar. Being at home would be the only way she could ease her mind.

“I don’t deserve you an assistant.”

“Well it’s a good thing I’m your friend first and foremost.” Matthew smiled.

“Can I ask you something?” Civannah asked as she stared at Matthew who was looking up at the sky.

“Sure.”

“Why haven’t you started working on music again?” Civannah asked, making Matthew’s head snap towards her with wide eyes.

“How did you know?”

“You think I didn’t ask for your file when I started? I wanted to know who I was trusting as my right hand in work. You never brought up anything about it so I didn’t want to press. But isn’t it hard working with idols, watching them do what you so desperately wanted too?”

“I have to think that I was ment for something else. That my time will come later.”

“How about now?”

“What?”

“How about now? It’s as good a time as any. I’ll talk to SM. If your uncomfortable with trying the industry here again, maybe we can push you for America. I can talk to my friend, since she’s a blogger she can maybe make a few posts and I’m sure she has some connections. We would just have to show her you're worth her time.”

“You’re serious about this?”

“I am. So what do you say?”

“I need to think about it….maybe I’ll have an answer by the time you come back.”

“Alright then.” Civannah said getting up from her seat.

“Where are you going?”

“Back inside. I’m not rushing them but I’m kind of looking forward to going back home now.” Civannah said with a smile.


 

Civannah and Changmin’s Apartment - Civannah’s Home Office

 

4htNuvidqRP5MvggcfvZhgN_n52S5OHuQ1KJeZR9VPWZuXhp8MiW09Bh0uVkghT0_aBltH6vv9B-3DqeO11iJb1eA4WL0hXZqsyQuKNPEv4c00Lc_uCR_48Uzev1S8aQ0Ctmc4OK

 

“I think they should go to Octagon.”

“Definitely not. They should go to Cakeshop” Jongin said, disagreeing with Yunho.

“The obvious choice is Boombar. It’s also right beside Club Made. So if they want a change of pace it’s right there.”

“That’s a great idea Taemin.” Changmin said, writing it down on the dry erase board.

“That takes care of the club, food, and shopping. All that’s left is the hotel. How many rooms will you need?” Jongdae asked.

“Four. Maddison, Dominic, and Sophie in one. Stephanie and Kaia in one. Nate and Tatiana in one. Blake will probably stay in Katrina’s room…” Changmin said the latter slowly testing the waters with Jongin.

“It’s fine. Katrina might be staying with him, but I’m going to win her over and make her mines.”

“So you finally decided to fix things?” Changmin asked.

“Yeah. She’s just different, you know. She never treated me like an idol. And even after everything happened she texted me that night apologizing. She cooled herself down to fix the problem on the same day unlike me who hasn’t been able to speak to her.”

“But you surely could comment on the picture Blake posted of her on Instagram.” Changmin said with a raised brow.

“So that’s Katrina?”

“You saw?!” Jongin asked Jongdae.

“It’s not hard when Instagram shows you what others are liking and commenting.”

“That’s no fair I want to see.” Taemin pouted.

“Here.” Jongdae said, already handing Taemin his phone as Yunho walked over to see as well.

“Well what do you think?” Jongin asked.

“She definitely looks like she’s your type. Don’t mess this one up again.” Yunho said, walking back to his seat as Changmin nodded in agreement.

“What do you think Tae?” Jongin asked, hoping for his best friend's approval.

“She’s beautiful.” Taemin said quietly. “If you hurt her we can’t be friends anymore.” Taemin said, after gathering his thoughts and looking at Jongin seriously.

Jongin was only nervous by Taemin’s face only for a moment before he began laughing.

“I won't, I promise. I messed up once I won’t do it again. That's if she wants me.”

“Let’s face it, you're the epitome of everything girls dream. If she doesn’t want you there is probably something majorly wrong with her.” Jongdae spoke.

“So how are you planning on getting her away from that Blake guy?” Yunho asked.

“I’m not sure but I’ll figure something out. I have too.”