Chapter VII

Say Yes To The Limelight

Somewhere in California (Because my brain hurts too much to actually pinpoint a location lol)

 

 

“Don’t you think he’s cute?” 

“Who?”

“The guy with pink hair?”

“I don’t know who you're talking about.” Katrina states as she goes over her checklist to make sure everything was set up for the interview.

“Give up Kaia. Since she started dating Blake, she hasn’t had eyes for anyone else.” 

“So you haven’t even watched their appearance?”

“Me and Blake have been hanging out a lot lately, we aren’t dating Mads. And Kaia, me watching them isn’t going to help you interview them any better.”

“You don’t know that.”

“Kaia, you're interviewing them, not me.” Katrina said as she picked up her phone out from her bag. “It’s Civannah, so I have to take it. Good luck on the interview. Mads make sure everything gets back in one piece and I’ll see you guys tomorrow at the staff meeting.” 

Katrina left the room and finally answered her phone.

“Hey Civi. What’s up!?” 

“Just wanted to check in. How’s Cali life going?”

“Hectic really. I just-”

“Oh I’m sorry.” The man said as he picked up the phone and gave it back.

“It’s okay.” Katrina said as she took her phone back from the man.

“Do you know where the interview is?”

 “Are you from SuperM?” Katrina asked to receive a nod from the man.

“My name is Jongin.” Jongin said as he put his hand out.

“Katrina. And it’s the last door on the left. Although none of the other members have arrived yet.” Katrina said as she shook Jongin’s hand.

“I had to use the bathroom, so I came first.”

“Ahh.. well have a good interview.” Katrina bowed as she left Jongin in to head to the interview.

“Kat wait!?” 

“Civ?”

“Give your phone to him?”

“Okay?... excuse me? Jongin?” Katrina called to Jongin who had started to walk down the hall. Katrina held her phone out to Jongin who accepted the phone carefully.

“Jongin! Hi!”

“Civannah!?” 

“Who knew you’d walk right into my friend?”

“You know each other?” Katrina asked genuinely shocked at the situation.

“He’s from the company I’m working at right now. He’s also a really good friend of mine. This is great though! I was gonna ask Jongin later but since you’re both here. I’ve been trying to find this girl but I can’t find anything but you're both in California so I thought you guys might have a little more luck.”

“What girl?”

“Jongin would you have time to talk to Kat later? I kind of need her for something else?”

“I'm sure I can make some time.”

“Great! I’ll text you her number later.”

“You better get going or you’re going to be late to the interview.”

“Ahh right! Bye Civannah… it was nice to meet you Katrina.” Jongin smiled as he headed down the hall. Katrina looked back at her phone with a raised brow. “Your good friends with an idol?”

“I can explain that later but I really need your advice.”

“Okay shoot.” Katrina said as she entered the elevator.

 

Civannah’s Bedroom

 

“Okay shoot.”

“So what would you do if you wanted to make you own opinion of someone but someone important to you tells you to stay away from that person because they're bad news.”

“Vague much?” Katrina laughed. “Civi, you’ve only been there for two weeks. And shouldn’t you be sleeping right now?”

“I can’t sleep like this Kat. I only have so many people I can trust here and I don’t want to keep relying on them. I can’t call you every time I need girl talk.”

“13 hour difference or not, I’m always going to take your call. You also need to do what’s best for you. If I had it my way you’d be visiting me here in Cali or I’d be visiting you in Florida because that’s what I want. But going to Seoul was what’s best for you. That’s what friends do. They sacrifice for the well being of their friends. If giving this person a chance is what you want to do, then do it. And if the person who didn’t want you around the other person can’t understand why it’s important to you then maybe you need to be looking at them instead.” 

“See this is why I need you here in Seoul.” Civannah pouted. 

“But I’m not meant for the Seoul lifestyle. My life’s here in Cali. Your life is in Seoul right now and you need to make the most of it. Don’t get on the plane in a few months and regret not doing things your way. And next time you ask for advice, can you atleast make up some names.” Katrina spoke causing Civannah to laugh. 

“I can definitely do that.” Civannah smiled. 

“Keep your head up Civi. Now get some rest, you’ll need it to deal with person a and person x.” Katrina laughed as she ended the face time.

“Hey..can I come in?” Changmin asked as he cracked the door. 

“Yeah…” Civannah whispered as she grabbed her pillow to hold against her chest.

“I want to apologize. I never want to seem like I’m stopping you from doing what you want.”

“Then why can’t I be around Ryan.”

“She was a friend that I confided in. She confided in me. When she came to SM she was still young and she felt like a younger sister to me. I don’t have anything to hide, but I don’t want to expose you to this life to the point where you are overwhelmed and with Ryan around I can’t control what will come out of .”

“So you’re saying she’s a liar?” 

“No. But-”

“I’m going to ask you one question and I want you to be honest with me. Have you and Ryan ever had any relationship outside of that of a brother - sister- friendship?”

“No.” Changmin said with no hesitation. “Never.”

“Then what I want from you is for you to allow me to make my own choices as to who I choose to have in my life. Taemin, Jongin, Yunho, and Jongdae have been great additions to my life and I just need to see if Ryan and the other girls fit into my world.”

“Ok… I won’t stand in your way. But I want you to know, the entire company knows we’re dating.”

“Are you serious?”

“I know I should have told you sooner.”

“A heads up would have been nice. I spent my whole first day, week really, wondering why everyone kept staring at me.”

“I’m guessing this would be a bad time to tell you that the reason why you got the job was because of me.”

“Excuse me?”

“I was tired of us being long distance and I knew that I couldn’t come to Florida and you wouldn’t come to Seoul without good reason, so I pulled some strings with the company and got you the job so we could be together.”

“Be together? We were already together.”

“I ment like this.” Changmin said, grabbing Civannah’s hand. “I can hold you,kiss you. I can be a part of your life more than I could when you were in Florida.”

“Why didn’t you just tell me how you were feeling instead of hiding it from me? Are you hiding anything else from me?”

“No! I promise.” Changmin said and Civannah sighed. 

Civannah pulled her hand from Changmin’s and grabbed her phone.

“Civannah who are you calling at a time like this?”

“I’m texting Jongin Katrina’s number. I’ll tell you in the morning since I’ve never kept any secrets from you.” Civannah said as responded to Jongin’s text that he’d text Katrina when his schedule was done for the day.

“Civannah. I said that I was sorry.”

“Let’s just go to sleep,hmm?” Civannah huffed as she moved over to make room for Changmin in the bed.

Changmin climbed into the bed and pull Civannah to lay on his chest.

“I love you…” Changmin whispered to Civannah as he kissed her forehead.

 

Back in California - Taemin & Jongin’s hotel room

 

“Who are you texting?” Taemin asked Jongin who was smiling at his phone.

“So earlier at the interview, I ran into a girl and she just happened to be Civannah’s friend Katrina.”

“You mean the one who doesn’t know Civannah is dating Changmin?”

“The same one. She was on the phone with Civannah when I bumped into her. Civannah thinks that maybe me and Katrina will have more luck finding Fern than she is over in Seoul.”

“What makes her think Katrina will even be able to help?”

“I guess Katrina and her friends went with Civannah to Coachella. She also lives here in California, so she may know someone who knows someone.”

“I told you guys that it’s fine if we don’t find her. Unless…”

“Unless what?”

“Unless Katrina is cute?” Taemin asked as he grabbed his towel.

“What does that have to do with anything?”

“Well you keep looking at your phone and since it’s night back home, you must be waiting for Katrina to text you back.”

“It’s not like that.” Jongin denied.

“Who are you trying to convince? Me or you?” Taemin asked as he closed the bathroom door.

“Both…” Jongin whispered as he laid back on his bed.