Chapter VI

Say Yes To The Limelight

Civannah’s Home Office

 

√77 Flat Decoration Ideas With High Street Design Aesthetic #flat #decor  #design #aesthetic #home #deskdesign | Glebemines.co… | Home office decor,  Home decor, Home

 

“How long has she been like that?” Yunho asked as he, Jongdae, and Changmin watched Civannah pull her hair for the umpteenth time this morning. 

“She was up before 7 so..” Changmin sighed. “ I told her Taemin would understand, but she’s still trying.”

“You’ve got a good girl, Changmin.” 

“Yeah I do. That’s why I need you guys to keep her occupied for the day. Taemin and Jongin would have been the better choice, but since they aren’t here i need you guys to do it.” 

“And exactly why are we keeping her busy?” Yunho asked, grabbing an apple off the kitchen island. 

“Because i’m going to talk to Ryan.”

“Dude. I think you should leave it alone. Civannah seems to know how to handle her.” Jongdae responded,

“I’m with Jongdae. I think if you get involved it could make things worse for her.”

“I can’t just sit back and do nothing.”

“Do nothing about what?” Civannah asked walking into the kitchen and grabbing a box of cereal from the cabinet. 

“Glad you know how to tear yourself away from your computer.” Jondae spoke trying to keep the topic changed. 

“I’ve been staring at Cochella picture for hours.” Civannah pouted before she put a handful of cereal in .

“Any leads on Fern?” Changmin asked, putting the cereal box back and getting a pout from Civannah in the process.

“Hey! I was still eating that. And no nothing. Though i found something but apparently one of the vendor was named Fern Health. I think I might ask Katrina if she could help since she’s in the states and lives in Santa Monica. She did go to Cochella with some of her college friends may know something.”

“It’s worth a shot. And we cant have you ruining your appetite before we go out.”

“We’re going out?” Civannah asked Jongdae, looking between him, Yunho, and Changmin. 

“Me and Yunho have something to handle at the company and Jongdae offered to keep you company.” Changmin answered, getting a glare from Yunho. 

“Oh okay. So what are we doing Dae?” 

“I was thinking we could wing it. So you should go get ready, we have a whole day ahead of us.” 

“Okay. I’ll go get changed then..” Civannah smiled. She gave Changmin a kiss on the cheek before leaving out the kitchen. 

“I hope you handle things well. She might not have been mad about the ideal type situation, but this might pop your honeymoon phase bubble.” Yuhno spoke before leaving the kitchen.

 

Faky’s Practice Room - SM

X0WsO5HE0gF-K7QRjiXWxwr71AdXnMIZ1cHsZs0z4-v4eMfYpHxGnEfUJATt7Qv_cQYLhZCz59uKefW26W7fue4didrCikx53WnABiqilMe53zvW9ky5O07OdBicUMlQz-v4MnB-

 

“I think that was the best practice weve had.” 

“Takako is right. We killed it.” Ryan said as she handed Fang a bottle of water.

“If we can kill the other two songs, there’s no stoping us.” Fang said as she opened her bottle. 

“Im so excited. I never dreamed that i would bridge from being an actress to being an artist.”

“Right. I never thought that i’d come back to music after my previous group disbanded.”

“It’s a fresh start for all of us Hina.”

“Ryan’s right. It’s time for a fresh start.” Changmin spoke as he walked into the practice room.

“What are you doing here?” 

“I wanted to talk to you.” 

“We’ll give you some alone time.” Fang said as she and the other girls gathered their things and headed out. 

“Okay so what’s up?”

“Why would you go to Civannah and tell her about my interview?” Changmin asked with his arms crossed. 

“I didnt think i did anything wrong. I would assume you would tell your girlfriend in enough time where it’s not a shock if anyone in the company says something. Does she even know that the entire company knows? That the whole reason she got this job is because of you?” Ryan asked.

“No and she doesn’t need too. Her talent can speak for it’s self.”

“But who’s really looking at her talents? Aside from your friends and the artist working with her, everyone out there is judging her every move. I told you that this will never work. Maybe i’ll be wrong, but the fact that your here trying to put me in my place instead of prepping her for what she’s going to encounter in the next few months speaks volumes about this relationship. As your friend i’ve done nothing but had your back. I’ve always watched out for you.”

“Maybe I don’t want you as a friend.”

“I- what?” 

“I said i don’t want you as a friend. My friends are trying to sway Civannah to have doubts.”

“Sway her?! What have i done to sway her. I’ve had on conversation with her.” Ryan yelled.

“One that should have never been had. Especially with out me. It’s not your place to search her out.” 

“Search her out? The girls wanted to have dinner with her, I was just the one to go ask.”

“Regardless, you should have never talked about the interview with her.”

“You want me to apologize for it? Because i wont.”

“I don’t want your apology. Just stay away from Civannah and I. We aren’t friends so there is no reason for you to contact me. And if it’s not work, dont so much as even look at Civannah.” Changmin yelled before storming out and leaving Ryan in the quiet practice room alone. 

 

Civannah & Changmin’s Apartment

 


 

“Why is Jongin like this?!” Civannah laughed. 

Civannah and Jongdae spent their day out in Seoul shopping for Jongdae’s baby girl and wife, looking for idea’s for the girls music video, and just getting to know each other more. They grabbed some food to go and headed back to the apartment. They unpacked theyre goods and plopped down on the couch starting Civannah’s kpop crash course - SM edition, starting with none other than EXO.

“Imagine being there. It’s something everytime.”

“But it must be nice. Until I went to college in Florida, i really only had my family and Katrina. It was hard for me to make them. I didnt fit in with the all whites, or the all blacks, or the all asians. I was kinda just there, like a floater.”

“I get it. I’m Korean but i was ed in to the chinese line of Exo. We all got along, but after losing three members and trying to figure out the next step for the group as a whole, i kind of felt alone. I wasnt as close with the Korean members because so much of my time was spent in China.”

“So how did you all get close again?”

“We started fresh. We took a break an got to know each other again. We were older and in some occasions wiser. We learned where everyone’s mind set was at and what their goals for the group and personally were.”

“So then let me get your advice. Mikako and Hina, they offered for me to hang out with the group. Were all close in age and honestly, even though i like hanging out with you and the guys, i miss having girls nights and even just having girl conversions. There’s only so much i can talk to Katrina about and the girls already know about me and Changmin....”

“I can’t tell you what to do or who to be friends with, but just know to take a step back if things don’t feel right.”

“If what dosen’t feel right?” Changmin asked walking into the living room and kissing Civannah on the cheek.

“I was just asking Jongdae about if i should accept the girls invitation to hang out with them sometimes.” Civannah explained as she grabbed a napkin to wipe her hands. 

“Don’t you think it’ll be weird? They are Ryan’s group mates.”

“But they haven’t done anything wrong. And really Ryan hasn’t done anything wrong. All she did was ask me about how i felt about the interview.”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Changmin admitted.

“Why not? She is your friend after all. I just want to forget everything and try again, build my own opinion of her.” 

“She has a valid point.” Jongdae interjected.

“I was only asking. You know that you can’t stop me from talking or hanging around whoever i want.”

“That’s not what i’m saying.”

“But it’s what your insinuating.”

“I just don’t trust her around you.”

“But you brought her into this. She’s your friend. You felt okay telling her about our relationship. You put us all in this position by bringing her around. Thanks for spending the day with me Jongdae, sorry im going to turn in early.” Civannah spoke grabbing her phone and heading to her room.

“Chang what was that about?” Jongdae asked after Civannah left to her room. 

“I’m just trying to protect her.”

“She’s a grown woman, she can protect herself…”