Chapter II

Say Yes To The Limelight

Seoul, South Korea

iCD5rfQzoiYkQEqNrqAZMfI3fPO3G5V7bVmnvLze7XDvYZqCRWncRcOnJH2opN6jzByAVKFPFdNfiL5Vqzvo_sCLK1cRI_El1ESub7OclXovQXKtjrmc5giSlwS69GZCf0aHDzWz

 

“I hope this is okay for you.” 

“This is more than enough for me.” Civannah spoke as she looked at the place in awe.

“It’s not just for you.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t understand.”

“This is for your creative brain to flow. Of course you’ll have an office at SM if you choose to use it.” 

“Ah. Right. Do I have any schedules today?” Civannah asked as she poured two cups of water in the kitchen. 

“Not today. However, you’ll be needed at the company in the morning for a briefing and some paperwork. Today, you should rest from your trip.”

“Yeah… thank you…” Civannah paused not remembering her assistant’s name.

“BM. But you can just call me Matthew.” 

“Then what does BM stand for?” 

“Big Matthew.”

“Because you work out?”

“Amongst others.” Matthew answered making Civannah laugh.

“I’ll take my leave now.” Matthew spoke once they left the kitchen. “If you have any problems don’t hesitate to call me. If not I’ll see you at eight thirty tomorrow.”

“I’m sure I won’t have any problems.” Civannah said as she opened the door to see one familiar face and two unfamiliar. 

“I surely hope not.” Matthew said as he bowed and slid past Civannah’s guests. 

“Yunho? What are you doing here?” Civannah asked ushering him and the two others out of the hall. 

“Changmin had a sudden schedule, so he wouldn’t be able to visit you. I thought you could use some friendly faces.” Yunho said as he placed the flowers he brought with him on the table.

“Hi. I’m Jongin.”

“And I’m Taemin.” 

“Civannah.” 

“Oh trust us, we know a lot about you.” Taemin smiled as he shook Civannah’s hand.

“Excuse me?” Civannah asked, confused.

“Don’t worry we know about your long distance relationship with Changmin.” Jongin clarified.

“Ahh.” Civannah spoke, quietly, understanding why Yunho had brought them along, and also wondering if Matthew knew as well. “Who else knows?”

“You should ask Changmin when you get the chance…” Yunho answered, stopping Jongin and Taemin from revealing that the entire company knew.

“But don’t worry, if any one bothers you we’ll be there for you. So don’t hesitate to come to us.”

“Thanks guys. I really appreciate it but I just wanna fly under the radar for a while.” Civannah said as she sat down on the couch.

“That could be harder said than done, no offense.”

“None taken.” Civannah told Taemin before her phone rang. “I’m gonna take this in my room, can you guys try and not make too much noise.”

“Why? Who is it?” Jongin asked from the kitchen where he had started helping Yunho prep food. 

“My friend from home but she doesn’t know-”

“She doesn’t know that you’re here?” Taemin cut off Civannah.

“No. She doesn’t know about me and Changmin. If she saw or heard you...I don’t know how I would explain it.” 

“We’ll keep it down out here, you go and talk to your friend.” Yunho said, waving her off before giving his full attention to the meat again.

 

bCCIw3EcNSqXHSvUgXzGK8LjQhBXzUr7hSS9iJXwg8d5Q0ti1Yssgow0fItbxOoiLtBktVY9fPz9YB2FZ2-EIohHR5LfXR2ebK65KaJekE5v9oipiI-58rPxpFByNHuA5WZpcZJ2

 

“Hey, how was your flight?”

“Long.” Civannah laughed. “I slept the first half and did a bit of research the second half.”

“How can you do research on a plane? I’d be too busy freaking out.”

“Planes aren’t that bad.” 

“Says the one not afraid of heights.” Katrina said rolling her eyes as Civannah laughed at her.

“Anyway, where are you going? Isn’t it a bit early for you to be awake?”

“The coworkers wanted to try this new place out. It’s been a while since I’ve updated my blog so I figured I’d go. I just wanted to call and make sure you're good.” 

“Yeah after my assistant dropped me off I started checking the place out. I’m just gonna take a shower, eat, and head to bed since I have a briefing in the morning.”

“Well I better let you get to it.”

“Say hey to the others for me.”

“Will do, get some rest. Love you.”

“Love you too.” Civannah smiled as she ended the call, only to sigh right after.

“Why don’t you just tell her?”Jongin asked after he was sure the call ended.

“Because she wouldn’t understand. She thinks that it wouldn’t be realistic for us to date. And I understand why but she can be overprotective at times. Even though we aren’t blood she’s been a sister ever since we were five. You would never believe I’m the oldest.”

“Regardless of her views, you shouldn’t hide this too much longer. One day you may not have the chance to tell her yourself.” 

“Stop scaring her and come down and eat.” Yunho spoke with his arms crossed, turning back around to go down stairs.

“I wasn’t trying to scare you.” 

“It’s okay. You’re right Jongin. I’ll tell her eventually but I wanna test the waters.” Civannah spoke as they walked out of her room. “Who knows, in a month's time we might break up.”

“I hope not. He really cares for you.”

“Yeah… I really care for him too.”