XII

Say Yes To The Limelight

Before we start, for the first time we have blue text! Blue text will be taken as speaking in english.

 

Seoul, Korea - SM Entertainment

 

C_wRcU6qejRQHMoFMOaFREHSZeRQoHfI1m7ze8oa4OUw92FSdHwdUr_UqriLLWx8PHb59nowEPvm6jmXLs52EWwThU2jmpmpS_X-T1Mbj3GyHx4EcVpRZrG7VfJ6thLZ516N1SO5

 

“We look forward to working with you.”

“Likewise.” Katrina told Himchan after the meeting ended.

Katrina left the room and headed off to the elevators to take her leave from the building when she heard her name being called. Knowing it was Matthew, Katrina kept walking.

“Can you at least hear me out?” Matthew asked, still following behind her.

“There is nothing I need to hear from you.” Katrina said plainly as she pressed the button to call the elevator.

“Can I atleast say thank you? For handling the press on this.”

“You aren’t my only case. However, if you want to thank me, keep a low profile. We don’t want your actions to tarnish BoA’s career, do we?” Katrina said before stepping into the elevator and pressing the close button.

“It must feel nice to have all the power…”

“Can I help you, Baekhyun?” Katrina asked, talking to the figure hidden in a corner of the elevator.

“Don’t you have any female friends? Or do you like luring guys in?”

“Luring? Look I don’t know what you think you know about me but insinuating inappropriate behavior isn’t necessary in our place of work.”

“I work here. You? You’re just a floating, disposable, worker. Once you’ve done what they ask then they’ll let you go back to where you belong.”

“I’ll be happy then. I didn’t ask to be here, my job sent me. Maybe if you knew how to handle your own love life then I wouldn’t be here right now. I look forward to getting this done as quickly and efficiently as possible. The elevator will be opening shortly, I suggest you put a smile on your face and pretend we had a friendly conversation.” Katrina spoke as she turned to the front of the elevator right as the doors opened. “I hope you have a lovely day Baekhyun.” Katrina smiled as she stepped out of the elevator.

 

Civannah’s Office - SM Entertainment

Takes place at the same time as the section above...

 

N1NG707JA0IGHxSLf-01f5FsRL8rNsBZLYd1vOwDJZC6dEa61pRXUUCqrz0cM_KRfnyX7o4rPo3ZGIkFRtgKQRPCt9MKZKKMfMSJj-SB3mNC2Yym0fbToPWJTlfwF9yXacE5Ohi5

 

“I’ll finalize everything and move to film next week if that’s ok? Then we can move forward with ‘New Age’.”

“That sounds fine..” Ryan said looking at her phone.

“So when will we release the first video?” Hina asked Civannah.

“The photo’s are being released tomorrow. You guy’s will be able to upload your individual photo’s to your own pages while the group page will have your group photo. Then we’ll post a teasers and then finaly the video. Hopefully filming for Antidote will be finished when the we post the video, so you can do a live and interact with the fans.”

“Enough business, how are you holding up? Didn’t you want to spend more time with your family?” Mikako spoke.

“If you guys are going to get personal, i’m going to head out.” Ryan spoke grabbing her bag.

“Right now?” Takako asked.

“Yeah. If I leave now I can meet up with a friend.” Ryan said before heading out of Civannah’s office not even waiting on the girls to respond.

“Is she avoiding me?” Civannah asked.

“I think so. She’s been a bit off ever since Changmin visited her.” Hina revealed.

“That’s weird. Maybe they had an argument.”

“I’m sure he would have told me if they did.”

“Are you sure that he would?” Mikako asked. “I don’t mean to make you second guess your relationship but it doesn’t seem to us that you guys are a couple.”

“Is it that obviously?” Civannah pouted. “I think it’s me. I was so excited to come and be able to see him everyday. Talk to him. Touch him. But then the whole Ye Seul and Ryan thing happened. I trust him. I’ve put it to the back of my mind but sometimes when I've looked at him recently, I just think I'm not enough for him. That maybe someone as pretty as Ye Seul should be dating him.” Civannah cried, trying to wipe her tears.

“Babe you’re more than enough for me.” Changmin spoke, taking big strides to reach Civannah.

“We’ll leave you both alone.” Takako spoke as she and the other four girls left Civannah’s office.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were feeling this way?” Changmin asked, wiping Civannah’s tears.

“Because you always tell me you love me. Always make me feel loved, how stupid would I sound telling you that you deserve someone better than me?”

“Your feelings are not stupid. I want to know what you think and feel. That’s what being in a relationship is all about. I know that things didn’t start out smoothly but I wouldn’t change anything if it meant that I couldn’t have these moments with you. I love you Civannah and that’s never going to change.”

“I love you too.” Civannah said, clinging onto Changmin.

“I pushed back the concert in Japan. I want you to come with me. I want you to see what I do. Maybe it’s me being a bit selfish but I want everyone to know your mine. It’s been two years too long. I hate having to hide ourselves when we try and go out and I definitely don’t like the looks you’ve been getting from some people in the company…”

“You know there’s no one else for me but you babe.” Civannah said, feeling Changmin tense. “But let me tell Katrina first. I tried telling her but we were interrupted. Now with her being here, working in the company with the PR team, she’s going to find out eventually and I want to be the one to tell her.”

“That’s fine. I’m fine with doing what you want and moving at your pace.” Changmin said, kissing Civannah’s forehead. “I love you Civ.”

“I love you too Min.”

 

Arriate Tea House

Meanwhile...

mOI707M1_ZAmNBpLNxWtCqy75HWtDbFzuVHp3JC8A54Mke9GTUhDUfY6ppkIhta2YSQZnvo8iHCMLxJcuOY97YKjVuyhl2m8ZF9eXBZUeUcoSUKrY1XxCol1tdifjzxCBqkYLnGw

 

“I’m glad you’ve been doing well. Your parents miss you a lot.”

“You still visit the shop?”

“Best place for fusion in Cali, how could I not? Kaia too.” Katrina laughed.

“I still can’t believe you’re really here. How have you been? You don’t post much on insta anymore, but I’ve seen this Blake guy tagging you recently.”

“Ah. It was just one post.” Katrina said moving her hair to the side.

“Then you must not have seen the one he just posted.” Ryan said, pulling out her phone to show Katrina.

 

1h-Vc7Y_iIYBTZ9yOPqBGET5vUucqD51xd8LS8Zq3yYM7qeFK7NHXeW4oR5qb_WsA2id-rG8OIaI4IXGVKt0OzEb3KE8xlgZ59Mcw0g5Z-kld6dai3hCutHIygkytfTQZivVA0Al

 

“Tatti is right though, that ship is definitely not sailing.”

“Oh. Why not?”

“That’s like you getting into a relationship with a guy, impossible.” Katrina spoke, making her and Ryan laugh.

“Yeah, but I’m not the one afraid of love.”

“I’m not afraid of love. But I am annoyed that Matthew is the case I’m handling. If I knew that I was going to have to spin my ex who cheated on me with an idol, I would have fought back more.”

“Are you going to be able to handle it?”

“Yeah. It’s just business.”

“I ment emotionally and mentally? Isn’t this the first time seeing him in three years?”

“Yeah.” Katrina sighed. “I just don’t want to think about it, you know. If I let myself think of it, I’m not sure what my honest reaction would be. I’ve just bottled everything up and coated it with anger. And I know I’ve taken it out on idols as a whole which isn’t fair.”

“Maybe you should talk to BoA and Matthew...when you’re ready ofcourse. I think you would benefit from the closure.”

“Enough about me. What’s it like finally being in a group?”

“It’s amazing. And the company is giving us so much creative freedom. It helps that the creative director gave us someone who’s so passionate and understanding about the arts and what goes into it.”

“Make sure you thank him and don’t give him too much trouble.”

“She. Her names Civannah and-”

“Civannah? Civannah’s in charge of your project?”

“You know her?!” Ryan asked just as shocked.

“Know her? She’s practically my sister. We’ve known each other since we were five.”

“Wow. Who would have known?”

“I’m glad that you’ve both met. She called me upset two weeks in because she wanted to give someone a chance but some other friend told her that she shouldn’t.”

“Ah...really?” Ryan spoke, trying to sound indifferent.

“I know that I’m here now but I know that there are things I don’t know because I haven’t been here and she hasn’t shared them. But knowing you’ve been around her puts me a bit at ease. Just look out for her please.”

“Of course babe. Anything for you.” Ryan smiled. “Let’s get out of here. I know you’ve probably got work to start on.”

“Then we’re going to need a picture first.” Katrina smiled before calling over one of the workers.


 

cXb9wpvdlZ7by4u40caXbZVRR9AbO3nrXmklCsclGsG8ZYcnGAFROZKv5_vq5b6spugLdr6aD85zJEiTdWNn3SFDW1ZhrkAf9-oL23vjg4UUnupFWN5Gmb1owyV_lRF6AtcuIrVf