Bonus Moment

Say Yes To The Limelight

 

ugTQVCh23iphyVmjswiJrvozGzPh7rdy4H6FMIa0Vzqed-_ikqx6N1jbqiG85bmFFo63KtUjbqRk5dl3XQk1QKQdxongZTr7FHYEI_VizQxibGOk0o8OluCRaqjn0TDm0eQR_raA

 

Taemin sighed as he put down his phone. He sat at the piano, nervous. All he wanted was for her to listen to his song, nothing less. He only knew she was in the office because Baekhyun had a meeting with her this morning. He also knew what happened with Civannah and Changmin, and that Katrina spent her free time with Civannah, even opting to do some of her work away from the office. This was most likely his only chance… he felt bad that in a way he was betraying his best friend…. he knew that he should have handled things differently… spoke sooner…. his friend was happy...but it always played in the back of his mind…’she is your happiness, don’t let her go… no longer will you regret not making a move on Fern…’

“I’m here…” Katrina spoke, snapping Taemin out of his thoughts.

“Thanks for coming.” Taemin said, turning to Katrina and giving her a small smile.

“So what did you want to say?” Katrina asked, but Taemin only shook his head and patted the space beside him.

“I’ve been working on songs for an album and I wanted to play the one I wrote for you…”

“You want to play me a song?” Katrina asked, baffled; it wasn’t what she had expected at all.

“Yeah. Is that okay?” Taemin asked, looking at Katrina, scared that she’d say that it wasn’t okay.

“Um...yeah. It’s okay.” Katrina said, looking away from Taemin’s dark brown eyes.

Taemin placed a small smile on his lips before readying himself with the piano.

‘Here goes nothing..” Taemin thought before he let his hands glide over the piano keys.

 

 

It took a moment before Taemin could muster up the courage to look at Katrina, but his heart broke seeing the silent tears streaming down her face. Her tears showed him that she understood his song… they showed that she still cared…. that he still had his chance… but he wouldn’t force… never… he would wait for her... like he had been...until she was ready…

“I can’t do this anymore…” Katrina whispered as she wiped her endless tears.

“Do what anymore?” Taemin asked quietly.

“This isn’t what I came to Korea for. Why couldn’t you just go along with the act? Why couldn’t you keep pretending you didn’t know me?”

“Because my heart aches when I see you with him. Why didn't you meet me when I came to California?”

“Because I couldn’t face you…”

“So you told Jongin that you didn’t want to see me? That you were pregnant and had another man? It hurt me to hear.”

“I thought that would have been best for everyone.” Katrina spoke, still not looking at Taemin as her tears started to slow. “I have a lot of baggage, baggage that no one should have to deal with.”

“I don’t care what kind of baggage you have, all I want is you.”

“Taemin I-” Katrina began to speak as she finally turned to Taemin, but stopped as Taemin’s lips softly placed themselves against hers.

Katrina nor Taemin moved. They sat there and just let their lips touch, before Taemin finally backed away and apologized.

“I’ll wait for you. I’ve waited two years for you and I can wait more. I won’t bother you again. I know you need time to process everything and sort out your feelings. So when you know what you want, come to me, okay?” Taemin said to Katrina with a smile to show that he was really okay with waiting for her.

Little did they know that someone had been watching them from behind the cracked door.

 

“So Katrina was Fern all along…”