Chapter VIII

Say Yes To The Limelight

Civannah’s Office

 

“Definitely white fur inside the car.” 

“Okay. I’ll make sure that it’s white. Anything else?” 

“How far along is Faky from being able to shoot the first video?” 

“A week or two at best.” 

“Okay then tomorrow we should check the set and make sure outfits are finalized. We don’t want to have a rough start. We have two more videos for them afterwards.” 

“Should I have seniors beginning designs for the second video?” 

“Let’s make sure things are finalized for this one first. Besides Ryan is involved in the second video’s aesthetic.” 

“She is?” Matthew asked shocked.

“Don’t be shocked. She’s working on the second one. Hina and Taki will be working on the second one. They all pitched in collectively on the first one.”

“Won’t it be weird?”

“Should it be weird? I’m just doing my job as are they.” Civannah said shutting down the entire conversation. “Hmm it’s almost two pm. Why don’t we go and get lunch? My treat since I dragged you here so early.” Civannah said standing up from her desk. 

“How about it be my treat?” Yunha asked as she stood in the doorway. “I leave tomorrow for filming and I wanted to thank you for all your work.”

“I think that’s a great idea.” Matthew smiled pushing Civannah towards Yunha. “I’ll see you when you come back.” 

“What about you?”

“Don’t worry about me. I’m just going to make a call about this white fur and then check in on a friend.” 

“If it’s okay with Civannah, why don’t you take the rest of the day off? I don’t mind dropping her back off when were done if she want’s.” 

“Ah, sure. I’ve worked you as hard as myself these past two weeks, you deserve to hae some time off.” 

“Okay..but call me if you need anything.” 

“I’m sure i’ll be fine. Enjoy the rest of your day.” Civannah said with a smile as Matthew bowed to her. 

 

853 - Korean Barbecue 

zptbTy56JIJDZibZdwwsW8fiYg0wX7a7pnZ0QveBQRrMXcGMWahYArWmaTVh9aYiqsq88XvhSTR4Hd4uKN7PkTRfZciBs_uGX3Qe5dI5PdW07xdTteMS63UdWG_uKzgznx53f

 

“So how are you adapting to life in Seoul?” Yunha asked once they were seated.

“Not bad. It hasn’t been as big of an adjustment.” 

“Are you sure? Moving to Seoul to work at your boyfriends company as you explore you relationship with him seems like alot.”

“Oh my god?! Is that what’s going around the office?”

“No.” Yunha laughed. “That’s what came out of Changmin’s mouth.”

“He talked to you about me?”

“Yeah. I was actually shocked. It was the first time he’s really talked to me. He didn’t tell me what was wrong but he thought you could use a friend. And i quote a “real” one.” 

“I’m sorry he brought you into this.”

“Don’t be. I wish that when things started getting serious between me and Donghun, that I had a friend to help us out. It’s hard being an idol dating a non celebrity but it’s harder being a non celebrity dating a celebrity.”

“I think the hardest part is the communication. Lately we’ve been having argument’s over whether or not i should hang around Ryan.” 

“Why are you fighting over Ryan?”

“He does’nt want me hanging around her but i don’t understand why it’s such a big deal if i do or don’t hang out with her. I’ve never been one to judge people off of what others say and i should’nt start now.”

“Okay. Then give me one pro that you’ll get out of talking and possibly befriending her?”  Yunha asked as she began placing their order.

“You still don’t have an answer, do you?” Yunha asked as she sent the server away. “I hope it didn’t sound rude, but i think your putting too much into Ryan and not enough into Changmin. If he’s making a visible effort to make time for you and slow down on being an idol, why cant you step up and be a girlfriend.”

“Your right. How could i have been so stupid?”

“You’re not stupid, youre just adjusting. All you have are his friends and you must be yearning for girl time.”

“His friends are great. They’re so open to our relationship and have been nothing but kind. I know that they’re the type to go by what’s right, but i wish i had someone here that was on my side. Someone that’s gonna have my back. Back in the states Katrina was my go to, but now she’s thirteen hours away. Something’s i can’t even bother her with. She doesnt even know about Changmin.”

“So your best friend does’t know that you’ve been dating him for what? Two years now, and that you live with him.”

“She wouldn’t understand. She’s made it very clear that she thinks relationships between celebrities and non celebrities will never work out.”

“Okay, so think of it her way.” Yunha said as their server came back and brought them their meats and sides. “If you go out with Changmin and get caught, you’d have to confirm that you’ve been dating and probably reveal how long and what future plans are. It’s up to you. Do you tell her yourself or do you let the blogs do it for you?”

 

Santa Monica, California - Cha Cha Chicken

 

Photo of Cha Cha Chicken - Santa Monica, CA, United States. Sitting area

 

“When I said I wanted to talk and you suggested over food, I wasn’t expecting you to bring me to a caribbean place.” Katrina smiled as they took a seat at a table off to the side.

“Well I figured who doesn’t love chicken?” Jongin smiled. 

“Really? I thought it was because I was black.” Katrina said in a serious tone.

“Kat, I would never.” 

“I’m joking.” 

“Civannah was right, you do have a bad sense of humor.”  Jongin said, causing them to both laugh. “I’m glad we can sit and talk like this. I feel normal.”

“You are normal. Regardless of your career choice.”

“Then why do you hate idols so much.”

“I don’t hate idols.”

“Really?! You’re a journalist who rarely does interviews.”

“Blogger. I’m a blogger. I also don’t hate idols, I just think idols and normal people should be involved with each other too often.”

“But I’m an idol.”

“An idol who’s leaving to go home in two weeks. Besides we won’t have a reason to talk to each other after today.”

“What do you mean?”

Katrina took a big sigh before speaking. “I found Fern.”

“You what?!”

“And I talked to her.”

“You found her and you talked to her?!” Jongin asked, a bit skeptical.

“She lives in San Diego. She’s a florist ironically. And before you ask Fern is not her real name.”

“So you went all the way to San Diego to meet her? You should have told me, I would have gone with you; we could have taken Taemin.”

“I made it a business trip and did a bit of reviewing. Look either way the girl was completely taken off guard when I asked her about meeting someone at Coachella, imagine if I brought you both with me. Awkward for her and me. I’ve never met Taemin and she hasn’t seen him in years.”

“Still Taemin needs this.” Jongin said, raising his voice in anger. 

“You need to lower your voice. Because so help me if I get caught hanging around an idol I’ll end your career so fast.” Katrina said annoyed as she grabbed her bottled water to drink. 

“I didn’t think you were like this?” Jongin spoke after calming down.

“Like what?” 

“Selfish.”

“Selfish!?”

“Selfish and vindictive.”

“Are you serious right now?” 

“You only cared about your feelings. Did Taemin ever cross your mind? He’s hurting and he can’t even get proper closer. Yet you’ve met her and you're protecting her after one meeting. Protecting her to the point where you could say you’d end my career.”

“Someone has to protect her. Where non idols are concerned, your fans don’t care. Non idols are always at fault, never good enough. We’re the ones that suffer in ways that you can’t even think of.”

“There you go with the idol , non idol stuff again. You know what? I think we’re done here.” Jongin spoke grabbing his things and leaving as Katrina sat at the table with her head in her hands.

 

Civannah & Changmin’s Apartment - Changmin’s Bedroom

 

FaEoeSl8jvLG7DFKEkZ_ifTWj9H99dFfUZiwvV0C0MlTw4ShndL2O7BcM29he0cKv7lNj_KWLPKlNPrTYciX73DZux3QfcBgBZIlVDtTYraCGcszgBzkrsdHobx2t8zEv5EtoYBq

 

“No no no no no. Babe if you're gonna throw up, there’s a basket beside you.” Changmin called out from the bathroom as he had just finished his shower. 

“I’m fine.” Civannah choked out. “I just had a little too much soju and not enough food.”

“Why did you even drink that much?” Changmin asked, coming out of the shower towel drying his hair.

“We were having a good time.”

“Yeah, but Yunha was fine enough to drive you back.”

“Can you stop comparing me to other people.”

“I’m not comparing you to anyone.”

“Yes, you are. And here I was about to apologize and tell you that you were right.” Civannah said getting out of the bed. 

“Civannah lay back down. You’re in no condition to be walking around, what if you hurt yourself?”

“It’s not like I’m pregnant, Min.” Civannah said sitting on the edge of the bed and grabbed the bottle of water Changmin had sat beside her before he took a shower.

“Babe. I just worry about you. When I’m not with you I think about what you're doing, how your day is going, did she eat, did she smile today? I’ve never worried about a person this much before. Civannah, I’m just looking out for you. I understand that you must feel lonely not having your friends and family around. I know my friends can only do so much to make you feel comfortable, but it’s my responsibility to make sure that while you’re here, your good. That’s all I’m trying to do, and I’m sorry that it comes out controlling, because that’s not what I want at all.”

“I’m so sorry.” Civannah cried, wrapping her arms around Changmin. “I don’t deserve you.” 

“Yes you do.”

“I promise to stay away from Ryan outside of work.” Civannah said but Changmin shook his head.

“If you really want to hang out with her it’s fine.”

“No. I want to do this for you.” Civannah said and Changmin pulled back and kissed her on her temple.

“Go brush your teeth so we can cuddle. I asked Matthew if he could handle things tomorrow. So tomorrow we’re spending the whole day together.” Changmin smiled.

“But-”

“No buts.” Changmin said as he pushed Civannah into the bathroom.

Changmin cleaned up around the bed and took out the trash before coming back to the room. Civannah had finished brushing her teeth and was waiting for Changmin to come back. Changmin turned off the lights before slipping into bed, pulling Civannah to him.

“I love you.” Civannah said, giving Changmin a kiss.

“I love you too.” Changmin said kissing Civannah back before allowing Civannah cuddle him closer as they fell asleep.

 

Santa Monica , California - Taemin & Jongin’s Hotel Room 

aS0gW112zx2lqlaGQLUKVfgxXrb8JqlIIOXuql-cpfJ23D7EHWmOdyMp6b7ctHB-RWZW-AERts42JH4g_zGH5QMJ8JS5FfE56cBT7I0dmBeFFkdQt6hCSnhhZ4NOvF-He7WeNw3-

 

“Just call her and apologize.”

“No way.”

“Jongin might be right about this Taemin. Regardless of the situation, how easy was it for her to say she would end his career? She doesn’t seem like someone that needs to stick around.” Baekhyun said sitting in a chair off to the side of the room. 

“Honestly, she was just doing what Civannah asked of her. She found Fern. Her job is over. I think you’re just upset that you like her and we’re leaving in a couple of days.” Taemin said and when he didn’t get an answer from Jongin, he knew he had hit the nail on the head. 

“Jongin you’ve already had two dating scandals….” Baekhyun quietly reminded him. 

“I know, but I could just tell...she was different. Sure she’s Civannah’s friend, but the past two weeks I’ve felt comfortable around her.”

“You don’t know her Jongin. You should apologize to her before we leave but nothing more. When it comes down to it, she’s a blogger. We don’t need any bad publicity, especially since we have the younger boys to look after.” Baekhyun spoke.

Taemin and Jongin nodded. They watched Baekhyun get up, probably to check on the other boys, and leave the room.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault. Civannah will probably kill me. Katrina is her best friend. As long as Civannah and Changmin are together, I’ll always be tied to Katrina.”

“Look things aren’t going to work out with me and Fern. But maybe you can work something out with Katrina. I know Baekhyun said leave it alone but Changmin and Civannah aren’t the only ones that can hide a relationship.”

“You know I can’t hide this. I was already caught with Krystal and Jennie.”

“But they were idols. Katrina is not. Fix things with her and at the least you can have a friendship. If you don’t do it for yourself, do it for Civannah. One day Katrina is going to find out about Civannah and Changmin. She’s going to end up being around more. And no one deserves to be uncomfortable in that situation.”

“I’ll think about it.” Jongin said as he stepped out onto the balcony. 

He really didn’t want to hold anything against Katrina. The situation just escalated quickly. He was sure Katrina would never end his career, that is if he truly learned anything about her in the last two weeks. And it was his fault for being loud. He had wanted to have a normalish day out with her, where it wouldn’t be all about Fern and he ruined it.

Jongin closed his eyes and took a deep breath of air. As he exhaled his phone went off and he picked it up and saw a message from Katrina.

 

From: Katrina 

 

Sorry about earlier… I would never try to end your career…  3811 Grim Ave… that’s the address of Fern’s shop… if you choose to tell or take Taemin he should first know that she is engaged and has a child on the way… again I’m sorry…