Chapter 7

Am I not the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haven arrives at class, she sees Joy in their usual spot, but she is surprised to see that Jinyoung was not there yet.

“Where is Jinyoung?” She asks.

Joy pulled Haven closer and whispered “Haven you just missed it! The prettiest girl just called him out just now saying ‘they had to talk!’ It was intense! Has he ever said anything about a girl?”

“Not that I recall, just the girl who didn’t choose him.”

“Do you think that her?”

“Who knows?” Haven says as she unpacks her bag, but there was this uncomfortable feeling weighing in her chest.

Jinyoung returns 10 minutes into class, he slips in and just gave Haven a small smile before turning his focus onto the lecture. But Haven couldn’t help but notice that his mind was not on the lecture. Even during lunch, he excused himself saying that he had some admin to do and declined Joy’s invite to help.

“Everyone is saying that the girl asked for him to take her back… But I don’t think that’s the case…” Joy says after she came back a quick toilet break.

“Stop speculating.” Haven gives her friend a look, “Jinyoung hate it when people gossip about things they don’t know.”

“Fine.” Joy huff, but quickly changed to talking about the drama she watched last night.

Haven smiles and takes a sip of water but that feeling in her chest still wouldn’t go away.

It was finally the end of the day and Haven was ready to go home. Jinyoung only returned briefly for half a class before he left again. She stuffed her books into her bag when a small note fell onto the table.

On the back of an old receipt, in small neat cursive wrote.

-Go to the beach with me? I’ll be waiting at the bus station.-

Jinyoung was waiting for her where he said he would be. “Hello.” He says with a small wave. Haven studied his face, He looked tired. The bus ride there was silent, Jinyoung rested his eyes and Haven watched the buildings pass through the window. Even when they arrived at the beach Jinyoung didn’t say much. They just walked side by side along the water’s edge.

“I’m sorry for asking you to come here with me, I just have a lot on my mind.” Haven just shakes her heads.

“I understand.”

“I’m sure you have lots of questions.”

Haven thinks about it a while as they continue to walk, “Is she the one you chose?”

Jinyoung’s eyes wide, “No! But she was supposed to be.”

*** Earlier today ***

Jinyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter