Chapter 2

Am I not the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After class, Haven headed to the organic grocery shop that her parents owned, she stopped by the coffee shop across the road to order a latte and an Americano for her parents before heading to the shop. She holds out her wrist to be scanned, her percentile shone briefly. She couldn’t stop worrying for Joy, if the person you chose does not choose you; your rank normally drops significantly. Haven does a quick search on the net, ever since the government announced that being ‘unattached’ is deemed a disability, due to the fact that you among other things, you will not be able to have children and thus less valuable in the governments eyes. The average dropped in ranking is about 10-20 percentiles. Haven knew that Joy’s ranking was in the 60th percentile currently. So Joy will survive, 80th percentile is not ideal. But she would at least be able to continue with her current life style. Haven shudders when she thinks about the stories that she heard about people of the 90th percentile, it is horrible conditions to live in.

Haven is startled out of her thoughts by a soft tap on shoulder, a young man smiled, “miss I think they are calling your order.”

“Oh! Thank you!” says as she hastily grabs the drinks but spills some all over her hands in the process. She yelps and tries her best not to swear (believe it or not swearing can decrease your ranking). The cup of coffee is quickly taken out of her hand and she is guided to the sink somewhere is the back and her hand was put under the cold water.

“We need to cool it down quickly.” said the Stanger who was helping her. She recognized the voce from earlier, but she could see his face as he stood behind her holding her hand under the water. He had beautiful hand she thought to herself, and suddenly she suddenly realized how close they were standing, she smiled at him weakly putting some distance between them.

“It’s fine now.” she says quickly. “Things like this happen all the time!” she says with an awkward laugh. “What’s a few more scars!”

“It matters to me.” The man says as he lets go. “Keep it there.” the barista comes in with the first aid kit and as Haven turns around to thank the stranger he was already gone.

After they put some ointment, she heads to the grocery shop with new coffee.

“Mom! Dad!” She calls “I’m home.”

Her mom comes out, “So how was today?”

Haven smiles when she sees her mother’s face, “you mean was my 21st Valentine’s Day?”

“Just tell us already! Who did you pick?” Her father comes in though the back door.

“Sehun of course! Who else would I pick?” Haven laughed.

“Great news!” Her mother exclaimed, “Haven, please go take this next door please! They are your future in laws after all!” her mother hands her a basket laid out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter