Chapter 3

Am I not the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haven left Sehun to go look for Joy, Who should have also gotten her results. She found her friend in the female bathroom, eyes puffy and red from the tears that still streamed down her face.

“Oh Joy,” Haven says as she gathers her friend in her arms, trying to soothe her. But it was as if whatever was holding Joy together broke and the tears over flowed again.

“I’m unattached.” Joy smiled sadly, “I’m so stupid, I should have waited.”

Haven is startled by the beep of the notifier, the ranking was out. She saw the 50th percentile flash across her screen.

Joy’s hand shook as she pressed the notifier. 80th Percentile. Haven couldn’t believe it even though the numbers shone back at her. “It’ll be ok.” Haven says as she pulls her closer.

Joy decided to go back to class, and Haven left to her own lectures once she dropped off Joy by her class. Her mind wasn’t in her class, she was worried for Joy, her ranking was barely safe, she couldn’t afford to drop her ranking anymore, Joy would have to quit school and she might lose her apartment that she was staying in currently. Joy would have to climb the ranks slowly to so that she would at least be safe. At lunch time haven went to meeting place they agreed on earlier. She saw Joy from far away, but to her surprise, her friend was waving excitedly with a smile on her face.

“Haven! You would not believe what I heard! Mr. 1 is unattached! Can you believe it?!”

“The number 1 bachelor?” Haven says as she couldn’t believe her ears. “I wonder what happened.”

“See! It could happen to anyone! But the person who didn’t pick him must be crazy! I heard it’s causing havoc because he dropped into the 20th percentile!”

“See it’s not the end of the world!” Haven smiled just glad that her friend was taking it so well.

When she went home, there was a big celebration at hom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter