Chapter 9

Am I not the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The unrest continued, more and more cases like Haven’s were random people were being attacked. It was causing tensions to rise between the different classes. But still everyone was instructed to go on with everyday activities, with the threat of drops in ranking, it was as if there was nothing going on.

Jinyoung had also returned to classes, but he took the morning off but said that he would still be around on campus today. They were on a break so Haven decided to go look for him and it wasn’t hard as he usually was at the same few places. She stopped when she heard his voice. But to her surprise she also heard a female voice too; and neither one of them seem happy. The air was so tense; she found it hard to intrude.

“I’m giving you an easy choice here, choose me.”

Jinyoung tenses stiffly, “You have got to be kidding me.”

“Look, I have my ways; it’s labelled at a glitch in system…”
“That’s so corrupt.” Jinyoung scoffs. “I cannot even begin to express the different levels of wrong you have just said.” The girl just shrugs. Jinyoung looks at her angrily, “what about Chad? The person you chose? I even attended your engagement party!”

“It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that you are such a better match! Are you seriously asking me if I prefer a 23 or 1?”

“This is messed up.” Jinyoung laugh bitterly.

“Who are you to judge?” She spat back. “Are you really going to just hang around the Haven girl like you still have a chance?!”

Haven startles at her name giving away her presence.

“Haven?” Jinyoung’s expression is a mix of shock and horror.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to listen. I’ll just go.” She says before leaving as fast as she could.

Jinyoung swore under his breath and started after her, but paused and turns to the girl, “I stand by my choice. I will choose her over and over again. Even if there is no happy ending for me. It will always be her.”

Jinyoung was surprised to find that Haven had not gotten far and almost seemed as if she was waiting for him.

“Haven, Let me explain…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter