Chapter 1

Am I not the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The familiar brief beeps of the notifier rings across the room, everyone puts down whatever they were doing at the time to have a look at their notifier, and it is after all, a matter of life or death. Haven studies the look across the room looking at the different reactions, Celebrations, frowns, nonchalance, and relief. Unable to hold her own curiosity she clicks on the screen of her notifier that is strapped to her wrist. She let out a slow breath; she maintained her rank, falling nicely in the 50th percentile. She looked up again, studying the people she watched just moments before. The girl was celebrating reaching a higher rank, frowns of the man who fell a rank. She stopped staring and turned back to the lecturer standing in front of her explaining to her something that she was not even sure knew how to pronounce. Class ended just before 12, Haven quickly packed up her bag and headed out.

She looked around the park, looking for signs of where her childhood friend could be. Leaning in against the trunk of a large tree, she stopped him.

“Sehun!” She called out.

A brief smile washed briefly on his lips before his face turned back to his normal expressionless expression. “It took you long enough. The list should be coming out at any moment.”

‘Happy Valentine’s Day to you too.” Haven rolls her eyes.

“Can you be more serious?”

Haven stuck out her tongue, “I’m so sorry, Mister Oh!” She says as she plops down and studies the park, her favourite place in the city. It is the place where she always found the most peace, she and Sehun loved coming to this place. They basically grew up here, it made sense that the next step in their lives would happen in the park.

“Are you nervous?” Sehun asks.

“No, not at all! Should I be?” Haven teases.

Sehun just smiles, “I am, what if you choose someone else?”

“Why would I do that?” She laughs.

Haven always knew who she would pick on her 21st Valentine’s Day. Their moms and fathers were all best friends and so it was a joyous occasion when both mothers became pregnant around the same time and there was even more joy when the es of babies were revealed. They grew up as best friends and over time it gre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter