Chapter 10

Am I not the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haven was left with an impossible choice. She knew that no matter what choice she made there would be consequences. Someone would end up getting hurt. She care greatly for them both, but there were a lot of risks involved as well. It was clear that with the way things are, it is bound to change the choices people make, but she was just a middle class girl. But putting that all aside, her heart was torn, she loved them both. But was her love for them the same?

 

She knew she owed them both an answer. Haven took her time considering what is the right thing to do is, Sehun’s words dances her mind, Jinyoung’s actions made her heart skip a beat. Two choices. Not a single right answer. It dawns on her. She was going to choose herself. As selfish as it sounds, she didn’t want to lose either one of them, she wasn’t going to choose either one.

 

Haven shifted in her seat at the cafe, waiting for them to come. The shop was empty, but that was how it was like recently. There had been rumors of protests happening deeper in the city, but it was hard to get any information as the media was not allowed to report about it. All the information they had was just whispered rumors. Even now streets were practically empty with only a few people hurrying home. Suddenly her notifier went off. She looked down at it and swore under her breath. She said a silent apology to the two who hadn’t arrived yet and left to get a cab.

 

She knocked on the door of the hospital room. A weak voice called her in. She took one look at her friend and felt her tears threatening to spill.

“Oh Joy…” She said rushing to her friend’s side. “What happened?”

“I’m mostly fine, just a few bone ribs, and a broken leg and a mild concussion. I got into an accident. I had to go to the city to apply for a loan. It was chaos there.” Joy said. “Haven, the protests are real.”
“You saw them?” Haven said, and she hands Joy a glass of water.

“Haven, you wouldn’t believe it, so many people were there. And I think they might really win.”

 

Haven spent the day with Joy, making sure that she was comfortable. But Joy had other thoughts on her mind. “I can’t believe you! Go! Go talk to them. You can’t leave me hanging like this!”

Haven just shook her head, “You need to take iy easy…” She said as she helped Joy lay down again.

“I’ll be fine!” Joy said as she rose up again, wincing a little. “I have pain pills, and nursing staff here.”

“I’m not going anywhere until your family gets here.” Haven said decidedly. The truth is, she had lost the confidence and conviction she had earlier, and right now, she was thankful for the distraction.

“I always knew, the way Jinyoung looked at you.” Joy sighed, “I’m so jealous!”

Haven just shakes her head at her friend, “You should just worry about yourself.”

Joy just huffed before turning serious, “If I were you, I would choose Sehun. The two of you are like two trees that have grown together. I can’t imagine you apart. The one would just collapse without the other to lean on -” Joy stopped speaking, clutching her chest, her breathing quickened and she turned pale. “I need help in here”


The doctors said she had an embol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter