Chapter 4

Am I not the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As expected of a person in the high percentiles, people naturally crowded around him automatically bringing him to his next class. Haven didn’t understand why but somehow she felt super conscious of him. Something about his name sounded familiar but she couldn’t quite put her finger one it, maybe it is Joy’s fault as she keep on mentioning him whenever she had a chance. A few days passed and the hype around him hadn’t died down at all but at least Haven didn’t feel as self-conscious around him anymore.

Class had just finished for the day, she stayed behind to just look over a few of the notes she had taken during the class. She hadn’t notice the lecture hall grow silent until someone sat down next to her.

“How are you doing, Haven?”

“Jinyoung.” She greeted awkwardly,

Jinyoung smiled, “I’m glad you remembered my name.”

“Hard to forget when literally everyone in the university has been whispering your name.” Haven smiled.

Jinyoung frowned, “Actually I wish they would tone it down.”

“You should be used to this by now right?”

“You’d think so… but sometimes, I wish I could get away from all this.”

Haven wondered why he was telling her this

“Want to run away with me?” Jinyoung grins as he grabs Havens things and guides her out of the class room. “Let’s go!”

They head out of the university; Jinyoung looks around and spots what he was looking for.

Suddenly Jinyoung grabs Haven’s hand, “Run!” Jinyoung says, “Or we’ll miss the bus!” They make it to the bus in the nick of time. Jinyoung guides her onto the bus first and points to the seats at the very back. Haven sat down, “What am I doing?” She said to herself not realizing that she had said it out loud.

“Trust me!” Jinyoung grinned and he handed Haven her belongings.
“I didn’t know people like you took buses…”

Jinyoung sighed, “People like me… I supposed ‘we’ don’t, I mean this is the first time I rode a bus.”

“WHAT? Do you even know where this bus is headed?”

“I am sure it will work out.” Jinyoung smiled as he laid back.

“You’re crazy!”

“I think you are onto something.”

“I’m getting off at the next station.” Haven says prepares to get up, but his hand stopped her.

“Please,” he says, “Please don’t go.” he said softly.

Haven studied his eyes for a moment, before reluctantly sitting down, “Okay” She said softly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter