City Lights

Lovingly Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 010. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] City Lights [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

“Eunseo, wake up.”

 

Eunseo’s eyes fluttered at the sound of Baekhyun’s soft voice that felt close to her. Now half-awake, she hummed and tried to stir herself awake. Moving strands of her bangs out of her face, she then stretched her arms and legs in her seat. 

 

“Are we here,” she asked groggily as she gently rubbed her eyes.

 

The grogginess within her started to fade as her eyes focused on her surroundings. Outside the vehicle, she was on a busy expressway with cars that were similar - in terms of looks - with Baekhyun’s. Scanning over, she noticed immediately that the buildings in the area were like towers in contrast to the buildings in Tongyeong. Pressing her face against the window in awe, she peered toward the sky to see how high they were.

 

It was unlike anything she had seen. They were definitely here, here in Seoul.

 

“Yeah, we are,” Baekhyun answered. “Do you want to stop by and get some food in a cafe or restaurant - anything like that?”

 

While Eunseo did have snacks in her bag, it would be a missed opportunity to not even eat at some food places here in the city. Snacks probably wouldn’t alleviate the hunger she was feeling as of now.

 

“Yeah, but I don’t know any places here. Do you have a place in mind,” Eunseo replied. “I feel like you have a favorite place to eat here.”

 

Baekhyun contemplated, possibly going through a list in his mind as he drove down the expressway. “You’re okay with western food?”

 

Eunseo rarely had the opportunity to eat much food from outside of Korean cuisine. The ones she had so far were delicious. 

 

“Yeah, what are we eating?”

 

“Pizza, I’ve been craving them for a bit.”

 

“Ah, I haven’t had pizza in a while.”

 

“Then you’re in for a treat.”

 

Eunseo smiled before noticing the time on the console of Baekhyun’s car. It was a couple minutes after six.

 

“Are you tired,” she turned and asked. 

 

Baekhyun was in the midst of a yawn that made his mouth open at a large size, Eunseo bit down her lip from displaying her amusement out loud.

 

Resting his elbow by the window, his head rested on the palm of his hand. “A bit, but the pizza place is not far from here.”

 

“How far?”

 

“About ten minutes, I think.”

 

“That’s not bad.”

 

-

 

Like Baekhyun said, they were within the city in under ten minutes. Eunseo peered out the window with joy as they pulled into the parking lot of the pizza restaurant. As they exited out of Baekhyun’s car, they walked toward the entrance.

 

Eunseo had never seen two restaurants within a building. As the red sign of the pizza restaurant lit up from the second floor, she then glanced down at the shop below that looked like a cafe.

 

“Are there a lot of places here that are laid out like this? Like one restaurant on the top floor and another on the first floor,” Eunseo asked Baekhyun.

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun responded. “It’s somewhat crowded here, but that leaves more room for more places to go to.”

 

They then entered the abnormally large restaurant from a side staircase. One step into the building, it was astonishing at how well decorated and modern it looked for a simple pizza place. There were some occupants sitting at wooden tables, happily eating their meals while talking to one another.

 

“Where do you want to sit,” Baekhyun asked. 

 

Scanning the entire place, Eunseo laid her eyes at an empty table seated by large windows. Pointing to the table, she then turned to Baekhyun who nodded at her choice. After strolling over to their chosen table, they sat themselves down across from each other. 

 

“You know, I’ve noticed that you like sitting by the window a lot,” Baekhyun said, diverting her attention from the view outside to him.

 

Eunseo was aware of her liking towards seats by windows. The amount of activity from outside always got her attention and gave her inspiration whenever she was working. It was like a portal if she could explain it better. Everything seemed so different from outside in comparison to what was going on inside. Her mind could easily drift into daydreaming with one long look outside.

 

“Yeah, I just like the view,” Eunseo replied with a small smile.

 

“Hello, welcome to The Pizza Peel, I’ll be serving you both today,” a server came by and set down the menus in front of the two. “What would you both like to drink?”

 

“Coca-cola, please,” Baekhyun answered.

 

“And you?”

 

“Uh… water, please,” Eunseo answered, “Thank you.”

 

“Alright, thank you,” he said as he scribbled down their choice of drinks in his tiny notepad. “I’ll be right back with your drinks and take your orders then.” He then walked away.

 

Glancing down at the menu that laid in front of her, Eunseo was unsure of what to order as every pizza they provided seemed good. Then glancing at Baekhyun, she watched as he scanned through the menu, drumming his fingers onto the wooden table while doing so.

 

“Do you have any recommendations, I don’t know what to pick.”

 

Baekhyun then looked up, “You don’t? Then, I would eat the supreme one.” His finger pointed to the pizza that was on her menu.

 

“What does it have?”

 

“Pepperoni, green peppers, sausage, some mushrooms and onions.”

 

“I’ll get that one then,” Eunseo chose. “Are we sharing?”

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun nodded. “It’s not like we’ll be able to finish our own pizzas.”

 

The server came back with their drinks in his hands before setting them down onto the table with their straws. “Here are your drinks.” Taking out his notepad, he then asked, “Are you guys ready to order?”

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun answered. “One large supreme pizza, please.”

 

“Alright,” the server scribbled their order down. “Anything else?”

 

“No, that’s all. Thank you,” Baekhyun smiled.

 

“Your pizza will be ready soon,” he said before walking away.

 

It was funny how in Tongyeong, Eunseo always spoke for Baekhyun whenever they went in public places while in Seoul, the roles were reversed so far. She found herself buzzing with excitement and hunger as she waited. Soon after, their pizza arrived at their table.

 

With widened eyes, the pizza itself looked scrumptious and was still steaming fresh. was watering, eager to take a slice and devour it.

 

“Wow,” she said in awe. “It looks delicious.”

 

Immediately, she reached for a slice. As her fingers came into contact with the dish, they jerked back from the heat. Blowing on her fingers to ease it off, she noticed Baekhyun biting down his lip to stifle his chuckles.

 

“And that’s why we have napkins,” Baekhyun teased as he grabbed a napkin from the table’s napkin holder. Taking a slice with the napkin in his hand, he then set it onto her plate.

 

Eunseo pouted as he continued to look at her amusingly, “Don’t laugh at me, I’m hungry…” 

 

-

 

After finishing their pizza, the pair entered Baekhyun's car completely full from their large dish. 

 

“So, where do you want to go next,” Baekhyun asked. 

 

If only Eunseo could answer almost immediately. There were so many paces she wanted to go to in Seoul and knowing how time was limited within the day, it was unfortunate to not experience them all. It was hard to shorten the list and even pick one particular place.

 

“Is there anywhere where I can see the Han River,” Eunseo asked. “Like a park or something like that?”

 

“Mm, I remember there’s a park within the river, Seonyudo park… I think that was the name,” Baekhyun replied after thinking. “I don’t know much about it since I don’t go there often.”

 

“Can we still go there,” she pleaded, her interest piqued knowing the park was within the river. 

 

Baekhyun nodded, “Of course. Whatever you want to do here, I’ll make it happen.”

 

“You will,” Eunseo beamed at his statement. 

 

Baekhyun smiled and nodded as he the engine of his car.

 

Something about Baekhyun’s statement made Eunseo’s heart jump. It was awfully sweet that he would do this, drive her for almost four hours to Seoul on the whim. No one had ever done this before, going thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter