Mystery Girl

You're My Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dahyun can’t believe the floor is spotless even under the bed. She was certain that she’d be covered in dust when she ducked under the frame but apparently she couldn’t have been more wrong. The floor seemed just as clean as the plates in the kitchen. Who needs to have the space under their bed clean? How do you even clean this? Do they move the bed, clean the floor, and then put the bed back?

 

Actually why was she even here in the first place? She should’ve just talked to the person following her when she first noticed them. They were probably a guard who thought she was being suspicious or something. Clearly running had only gotten her into this ridiculous situation. It didn’t help that this mystery girl, the one who opened the door, was walking around the room and heavily sighing as if trying to get Dahyun to ask her what was wrong. Except Dahyun is under the bed so there’s no way she saw her. 

 

Dahyun could see mystery girl though, or part of her at least. Really she could only see the bottom half of a deep purple flowing gown, glittered with golden stars at the bottom. 

 

Or, at least, Dahyun had thought that the girl couldn’t see her, but now she had walked over to the bed and seemed to be standing right in front of her as she lifted the silk blanket and, very clearly, said, “How strange, it looks like this has been touched.” 

 

See, now Dahyun knew that was impossible because, first of all, she didn’t even get to touch the silk. Plus she was careful when she ducked under the bed so there was no way anything was out of place. But it didn’t stop her hands from getting even more sweaty. 

 

Actually why wasn’t she just telling the girl what happened? She’s a girl so she’d surely understand the fear of being followed. Maybe they could laugh about it and then walk back to the party together. 

 

Or this girl was a snobby noble who would get her boss in trouble and she’d lose her job while ruining the shop's business. Yeah actually maybe Dahyun would just stay under the bed and wait for the girl to leave. Which means she might have to wait awhile because mystery girl just sat down. As she crossed her legs, Dahyun was able to see golden heels tapping the floor rhythmically. The girl huffed in an impatient manner, and Dahyun had a sudden thought that this girl was probably a noble trying to up to the royal family. Why else would she be wearing so much of the royal family’s colors while using a guest room? Even more reason for her to stay under the bed. 

 

When the girl got up and loudly announced she was going to wash up in the bathroom, Dahyun realized this was probably her only chance to escape without getting into trouble. Surprisingly, even though she saw the girl walking away, the heels made no sound against the marble floor. 

 

The only sound she heard was the bathroom door shutting, so she quietly shuffled out from under the bed and looked around to see if the girl was really gone. When she didn’t see her, Dahyun straightened her back and let out a breath she didn’t know she had been holding. It seemed like the air was lighter now that the girl was gone, but Dahyun assumed that was just because she didn’t want to be caught earlier. 

 

It’s not over yet, she thought as she tried to tiptoe across the room. She cringed each time she heard her shoes clack against the floor, hoping that the running sink water was masking the sound. She really wanted to know how the hell mystery girl walked so silently, maybe it was a noble thing. 

 

Dahyun could feel butterflies in her stomach as she passed the couch, now noticing the few stuffed animals on it. She was so close to the door, only a few more steps and she could reach it. As she passed the bathroom door she hel

Please log in to read the full chapter