Communication is key

You're My Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

Authors note: Here's the new chap, I hope y'all like it. :]

 

The princess sobs face down on the bed, she knows her makeup is ruined but she doesn’t have the capacity to care right now. The only thing keeping her grounded in the moment are the two weights on and next to her, Momo petting her hair as she lays next to her and Mina staring at the ceiling as she lays half on the princess. They had barged in earlier, and found her lying there crying. Neither of them had said a word yet, but she knows they know. 

 

“You can just say you were right, and you hate me and scold me and tell me I ruined everything.” Sana muffledly announces into the pillow. 

 

“Shh, we wouldn’t do that to you. We love you Sana, we are here for you. To support you.” Momo softly says. Mina hums in agreement, the vibration feels calming against her back. 

 

“I’m a fool.” Sana groans.

 

“We were fools too, don’t put this all on yourself.” Momo buries her head into Sana’s shoulder. 

 

“Yeah, Momo was giving you time but I knew who she was and didn’t say anything. I even told Chaeyoung not to say anything. The blame isn’t just on you, you know?” Mina adds.

 

“But -” Sana attempts to defend them, but is quickly interrupted by her friends.

 

“I don’t care, we’re your friends and we aren’t letting you do this to yourself.” Momo says and she pulls herself away from Sana’s shoulder and supports her head with one hand.

 

“This hurts so much more than any breakup, and I don't know why.” Sana shifts to flip over and face them, Mina reluctantly slides off of her to allow it. 

 

“It’s because she didn't know. You were just a normal person to her, there weren’t any royal expectations attached.” Mina starts, with her eyes closed and her hands gesturing vaguely. 

“Do you want to talk about her? I heard something, but if you don’t want to know …” Mina cuts herself off and leaves it open ended for the princess.

 

“Tell me. Wait no, I don't wanna know. Actually, tell me anyway. Wait, don’t … okay just tell me, it can’t make this any worse.” Sana finally decides. 

 

“Well, Chaeyoung said she’s been acting really mad the past few days. That she’s been behaving really differently. I think that if she didn’t like you, that wouldn’t happen.” Mina looks Sana in the eyes, the princess breaks away from the eye contact.

 

“That’s just because she hates me.” She mutters under her breath.

 

“But you said she gave you a chance to explain? You just weren't fast enough?” Momo asks.

 

“Yeah, but I doubt she wants anything to do with me now.” The princess puts an arm over her head to avoid looking at either of them. They were wrong, Dahyun was clear when she spoke. But a part of her wonders, if Dahyun really wanted nothing to do with her and hated her, then why had she given her that chance to explain?

 

“I think you should try again after a couple of days. I can ask Chaeyoung if she thinks it's even a good idea to try again, if you’re that worried.” Mina holds her hand and squeezes and Sana is thankful for the comfort. 

 

“Sana, this is the happiest I’ve seen you in awhile. You were leaving the castle and walking around the city, even when you were stuck in the castle doing work you were still smiling every time you checked your phone. Don’t you want to try, if there’s a chance to fix it?” Momo says, clearly agreeing with Mina’s opinion on the situation.

 

Dahyun had just been so mad, and Sana was so worried that it was over forever. She wondered if they were right though. If she didn’t do anything then it would be over forever, and she would never know if she could’ve fixed it. The princess lets out a heavy sigh.

 

 I just don’t know what to do anymore.

 

*********

 

Dahyun shut her laptop, not wanting to look at that email any longer than she had to. One of the group papers she did had been plagiarized, according to the professor at least half of it was plagiarized. He had given them the opportunity to complete a smaller assignment as a replacement, but he didn’t know who had plagiarized what so all of them would have to have a one on one meeting with him about it. She didn’t have time for another assignment, she would never cheat on an assignment like that so why was she being punished? She could easily tell him exactly which parts she wrote, but she didn’t want to fight it that badly. 

 

Nothing felt right to Dahyun, the world didn’t feel the same. She’d felt like this before, but she never knew why. She still didn’t, but she could handle it better now. She takes a deep breath, holds it, and exhales. She tries to count the things around her. 

 

The cold countertop under her thighs. She should’ve switched to her pajama bottoms but shorts were more comfortable when she got changed.

 

The light hum of the aircon. It didn’t help with the chill, but it filled the silence. 

 

Her fuzzy bunny slippers about to slip right off her feet. She remembers Nayeon’s cheeky smile when she bought them for her. 

 

“So you’ll always think of me.” Nayeon said, pinching Dahyun's cheeks and gushing over her. 

 

“Aren’t I supposed to be the one always thinking of you?” Jeongyeon butted in, to which Nayeon stuck out her tongue. 

 

“The minute you aren’t thinking of me, I’ll kick you to the curb Yoo Jeongyeon.”

 

The rain pattering against her window. She remembers cuddling up to her parents during thunderstorms, reading stories of knights and princesses. 

 

“Maybe one day you could even meet the princess, Dubu.” Her mom coos at her, pulling Dahyun closer to her and nuzzling her forehead. Dahyun giggles and pushes her away.

 

“I want to be a princess! Wait no! I’ll be a knight and rescue the princess from the castle!” Dahyun yells, standing up and pointing her finger to the sky. 

 

“Oh? Is the little dubu going to fight the evil dragon to save the princess? Are you sure you can defeat...this dragon!” Her father says as he lifts her into the air and runs around the room roaring at her. 

 

“I’ll defeat you dragon! I’ll save mom- the princess!” Giggling as she hits his arms. 

 

“Oh save me, my little knight!” Her mom dramatically throws an arm across her face, shielding her eyes. 

 

Her father sets Dahyun on the bed and laughs, pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes closed and a smile on his face, “Ha ha! You can never defeat me! I am much too powerful!” He attacks Dahyun with tickles and as she’s red in the face and crying from laughing too hard she sees her mom come from behind and attack her dad.

 

“Be gone evil dragon! I shall use my secret weapon!” She attacks Dahyun’s dad with tickles until he’s laughing so hard he’s crying too. “Come with me my dubu knight! We have defeated the dragon!” She picks Dahyun up in her arms and runs around the room before setting her down on the bed and tucking her in. 

 

“But mom,” Dahyun whines, “I didn’t get to save the princess. And I even got saved by her!” She pouts. 

 

Her mom smiles and kisses her forehead. “Sometimes princesses can do the saving, and knights can be the ones in danger.” <

Please log in to read the full chapter