Double date

You're My Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dahyun smiled at her phone, checking it during her break at work. Sana had been texting her frequently about how hard work was, and how she missed Dahyun and wanted to escape to the coffee shop but swore up and down that her father, the king, must be spying on her because he always caught her just before she snuck out. Dahyun still felt a little weird about Sana being royalty, in Dahyun’s eyes she was just Sana. The woman she liked being around and spending time with. But to the world she was next in line for the throne. Dahyun tried not to think about that reality too hard. 

 

She shook her head to focus on texting back when a tap on her shoulder redirected her attention. She turned to face Chaeyoung who had apparently just now gone on break.

 

“Alright my turn to check my phone.” Chaeyoung gestured towards the door, for Dahyun to go back to work. As Dahyun put her phone back into her locker, Chaeyoung spoke again. “Mina and I were wondering, actually, if you wanted to go on a double date? Maybe to an amusement park or something?”

 

Dahyun's breath caught in , a double date? In public? Sana had come over to watch a movie a few times since they talked but they hadn’t gone out anywhere together yet. Would she want to go on a double date? Would she want to go out in public? She knew that she had been the one to say no to being seen by other people, because she was scared of Sana’s status. Was that really fair? 

 

“Just think about it, Mina said she’d bring it up to Sana sometime today too.” Chaeyoung said, nonchalantly opening her locker and grabbing her phone. Leaving Dahyun to ponder going on a public double date. 

 

*******

 

The princess tries her best to not look at her phone as she flips through paperwork with Mina. Her cousin had decided to take an advisor role today, Sana still wasn’t sure what she wanted. Mina never volunteered to help unless she needed to talk to Sana about something, but she was just grateful for the assistance. 

 

She would have already texted Dahyun five times by now if she had been alone, and she really needed to stay focused right now. This was all paperwork on the various projects she was taking on to help the citizens of the kingdom, and it would not help them to flirt with the girl she liked. 

 

Mina taps on her shoulder and points out a section of a report that Sana had her look through, it’s about any potential problems in construction and maintenance. She made Mina work through it because it wasn’t written in laymans terms and it was giving her a headache to look at numbers she didn’t understand. 

 

“Hey Sana, I was wondering if you would be interested in going on a double date.” Mina speaks up as Sana reads the notes her cousin made on the passage. 

 

“With who? You know I’m only interested in Dahyun right now.” The princess responds absentmindedly as she reads. 

 

“Chaeyoung and I, and you and Dahyun. We just thought it would be nice to go out together as the four of us.” Mina says, picking up another report from the pile on the desk. 

 

“Oh, the four of us?” Sana puts the packet down, imagining a double date with her cousin and Dahyuns friend. “I’d love that actually, but Dahyun isn’t really comfortable being in public and I don’t want to push her. It’s a nice idea, but probably won’t happen anytime soon.”

 

Mina just nods, seeming as though she might have expected this answer. Chaeyoung likely told her something about Dahyun’s concerns. The two focus back on work for another half hour or so, before Sana’s ringtone goes off and she immediately drops what she’s working on and rushes for her phone to answer. Dahyun’s ringtone is different from everyone elses, so Sana always answers even if she’s busy.

 

“Hi Dahyun, what’s up?” Sana beams, trying to avoid the teasing look her cousin is giving her. 

 

“So, Chaeyoung asked me if we wanted to go on a double date with her and Mina. I wasn’t sure how I felt about it, and I don’t know if Mina has told you yet, but I’ve been thinking about it for a few hours. Since early this morning when I started my shift. And I think I want to. I’m just scared of what people might say. So what do you think?” 

 

Sana tries her best to contain her excitement at Dahyun saying she’s interest

Please log in to read the full chapter