An Event?

You're My Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s not often someone finds themselves in a giant castle, being stared at by thousands, and walking to the throne on the arm of a gorgeous individual. But to explain how we got there, we’ll have to backtrack a bit. 

 

* * * * *

 

Dahyun stretches in her chair and uncrosses her legs as she gets up. Yawning as she walks along the cold wooden floor. She peeks out the curtains in the kitchen, seeing a street full of people visiting shops and eating at restaurants. It’s around dusk, when people go out to enjoy themselves, so all the businesses in the area get busy. If she wasn’t busy studying for this exam she’d be sitting on the kitchen counter and people watching. She smiles and grabs a hot chocolate packet from one of the cabinets, coffee is too bitter for her, and stirs it into a mug of hot water. She rubs her eyes as she stirs and looks around the apartment. 

 

The living room area is a mess, with pillows and board games thrown about during the play fight she had with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu last night. She makes a mental note to clean up after studying for another hour. She sits back down at her desk, staring at the mess of papers, books, and pens. She turns the lamp back on and opens the chemistry textbook while flipping through her stack of notes. A loud buzzing breaks the silence and she jumps in her seat. 

 

“Hello?” She answers the call.

 

“Dahyun, we need you to come into work today. We have a catering job in about an hour and Chaeyoung just cancelled.” Her boss says. “I know you’re prepping for your tests but this job is really important for the shop, can you make it?”

 

She looks at the calendar, the dates circled in red haunt her. Then she looks at the alarm clock on the shelf above her bed, “Give me about 15 minutes and I'll be there.” 

 

“Thanks. You're a lifesaver.” They hang up the call and Dahyun sighs as she puts the phone down.

 

She closes her notes and textbook, “You’ll have to torture me later, i still need this job.” She gets dressed in the shop's uniform. She’s lucky the shop she works at doesn’t require females to wear a skirt or whatever, because they’re inconvenient to move around in. The only annoying part about the uniform is that she had to ask her dad how to do a tie. She grumbles while looking into the bathroom mirror as she adjusts the knot and puts on the vest. She thi

Please log in to read the full chapter