Your name please?

You're My Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Authors note: haha hi, it has been a really long time. I didn’t want to be one of those authors that just disappears, or has to take a break from writing at all. But the universe said no. I’m really sorry for taking so long, I think it’s been 5 months or more? Sorry for not saying anything, it’s just been hard. Anyways here is a chapter I think you guys will like, as an apology. Hopefully I'll be more motivated to write now. Love y’all ^-^

 

 

 

Sana checks her watch for the third time. It’s still 6:42, but the shop doesn’t open until 8 and none of the workers even start getting here until 7. Sana knows because she’s been coming early in the morning for the past week, ever since she stupidly asked Jihyo, who she has since learned is the manager, about Dahyun. Dahyun, she smiles a little, just thinking of her name. She imagines saying it out loud, calling out to the girl. 

 

Well actually, she might not have to imagine much longer. Dahyun is walking towards the shop, where Sana sits at one of the outside tables. Since she started coming here, she would do boring paperwork, sit on the patio, and wait for the shop to open. Well it’s on her laptop so it’s not exactly paperwork, but either way, it’s all just tedious things that are safe for her to do out in the open. She was ready for it to be another routine day, but when she stretched a few minutes ago she saw familiar blue hair heading her way. It’s a long street so she had to squint to make sure it was the same girl that hasn’t left her mind. 

 

It was funny actually, because Sana knew that the same moment she recognized Dahyun, Dahyun had also seen her. She knew this because Dahyun had frozen in her tracks and just stared for a minute. Sana had pretended to go back to her work at the time, and when she had looked back up Dahyun was, again, walking towards her. The princess had since been pretending to work while looking up and checking her watch from time to time. She didn't understand why Dahyun was even here twenty minutes early, is she a model employee or something? Does she normally open the cafe? She stares at her computer screen, brows furrowed, deep in thought. When she looks back up, Dahyun is standing right in front of her. Staring at her almost as intensely as Sana was just staring at her laptop. 

 

Sana, of course, goes bright red and a little wide-eyed at the girl suddenly in front of her. Dahyun doesn’t say anything, or even seem to register that Sana noticed her. She just keeps staring, as if trying to figure something out about her. Sana shifts uncomfortably and clears , which is when Dahyun shakes her head slightly and looks like a deer in headlights upon realizing she’s been caught. Sana almost giggles at how the girls cheeks tinge red, but she holds it in. She doesn’t want to mess this chance up. 

 

She tries to think about what she could say to the girl. ‘I wanted to apologize to you’ ‘How are you feeling?’ ‘Why were you staring at me?’ ‘Why are you here so early?’ ‘Are you as happy to see me again, as I am happy to see you?’ ‘Did you mean it when you said you didn’t want me to contact you again?’ But before she could even start to decide on what to say. Dahyun places a hand on the table, not quite banging but making enough noise to focus her attention. Sana looks back up and sees the girl gesture for her to follow, before heading towards the cafe doors. 

 

Sana grabs her laptop and bag before following Dahyun to the door. She’s worried at first that Dahyun doesn’t actually have a key, but then the doors are open and she follows her inside. She sets down her things at her favorite table, waiting for Dahyun to say something. Instead Dahyun puts her backpack on the table and heads to the back, going through the employees only door. Sana sighs, slumping into her seat. She should’ve said something. Why would Dahyun just let her in here if she wasn’t going to say anything to her? Clearly she was supposed to do the talking or something. But she didn’t know what she was supposed to talk about. 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

The princess finished setting up her laptop and papers, having just started proofreading something, when Dahyun sets down a cup. 

 

“What’s this for?” Sana asks, extremely confused. Dahyun doesn’t make eye contact and has a hand on the back of her neck.

 

“It’s an iced coffee right? That’s what you ordered last time.” Dahyun moves to sit down across from Sana.

 

“You remembered?” The princess whispers in disbelief. Dahyun still avoided eye contact. 

 

“It was hard to forget.”

 

“Oh. Right. Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” There’s a heavy silence between the two for a few minutes as Dahyun finishes getting stuff out of her bag. “Do you go to school?” 

 

“Yeah, I’m in university.” More silence. “I’m a Korean literature major.”

 

“You must like reading then, huh?” Sana jumps at the chance to learn more about Dahyun.

 

“I do, but I'm not going to tell you what kind of books I like if that’s what you’re thinking.” Dahyun finally looks up at Sana and flashes her a smile. Sana almost swoons, but she holds it in.

 

“That’s what you think. I can be very persuasive, I’ll have you know.” Sana a brow and puts a hand under her chin.

 

“Your charms haven’t worked on me yet.”

 

“If that’s true then why are you sitting here with me right now?” Sana says with a smirk. Dahyun’s face falls, and Sana’s quickly does as well. Turning into a look of concern for the younger girl. She watches Dahyun take what looks to be a shaky breath, before the girl brings a fist up to her chin, leaning on it as she stares out the front window. 

 

“Why this table?” Dahyun says while staring at someone across the street walking their dog. Sana is caught off guard by Dahyun’s sudden question, and she can tell that’s not really what Dahyun wanted to ask. But that’s okay with her, she’s too scared to talk about the other thing just yet.

 

“I don’t really know. It just seemed like a good place to sit. Nice view.”

 

“They all have a nice view, it’s the same view. So why this table?” Dahyun asks again, insistent but not upset. 

 

“I honestly don’t know. I just like it for some reason.” Sana really isn’t sure what to say. What’s so special about this table? Her brows furrow, and she tries to study Dahyun’s face. She’s caught off guard again when Dahyun suddenly turns to look her in the eyes, and for a second Sana thought she saw something there. Vulnerability. But just as soon as she sees it, it’s gone. 

 

“I . . . wanted to apologize to you.” Dahyun looks down and takes a breath. Her fingers tapping her thighs under the table. “I was . . . uh . . . very rude to you when you texted me, at the time I didn’t know that you had taken care of me when I was sick.” Dahyun pauses for a moment, and Sana decides not to say anything until she’s sure Dahyun is done talking. “I also wanted to thank you. You didn’t have to take care of me, or make sure that I got home safe. So, thank you.” Dahyun stands up and bows at the girl before sitting back down. Her hands are on the table, messing with the page of a book that she took out of her bag.

 

“It’s okay.” Sana reaches across the table and puts a hand on Dahyuns, getting the girl to look up at her. “I forgive you, I see now how my behavior might have upset or confused you. I’m sorry as well. It was . . . wrong of me to try and find you the way that I did, and I’m so sorry. Also you’re welcome, for taking care of you. But you don’t need to thank me for that, because I would do it again in a heartbeat, no questions asked.” She had to hold herself in from squeezing Dahyun’s cheeks when the girl started to go red. 

 

“It’s okay.” Dahyun said, looking at Sana’s hand on top of hers. Before quickly withdrawing it and looking anywhere but at Sana. “Well, that’s it. I apologized and said thank you. You don’t have to keep coming to the cafe every day. Since you’re a noble, there are probably much better places for you to get coffee and do whatever it is that you do here.”

 

“Paperwork.” Sana said, pulling back her hand, slightly amused.

 

“Yeah

Please log in to read the full chapter