You lied to me?

You're My Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Authors note: hey yall! before you read this chapter just know I love you! Take breaks if the chapter starts affecting your emotions! Reading is supposed to be fun, it should not be hurting your mental health to read so please take proper breaks when you feel your emotions being drained or affected by the story.

 

Dahyun broke into a smile when she checked her phone at the message from Sana. They’d been texting back and forth for the last two weeks, and Dahyun couldn’t be happier. After Sana ran away that day in the coffee shop, Dahyun had texted her an apology along with the explanation and Sana had seemed more joyful than ever afterwards. Said noble had shown up at the pastry shop every morning since, and Dahyun had enjoyed the company. They hadn’t had much in person conversation, limited to Sana’s breakfast order and whenever Dahyun asked what the noble was working on. It was nice though, they’d texted plenty about hobbies and likes and dislikes and stuff. Dahyun was just always too nervous for actual conversation in front of the noble.

 

Another benefit of Sana being there during her morning shifts is that the amount of rude customers had dwindled down to the occasional one or two. This had actually started the second morning Sana had started showing up, a customer had been yelling at Dahyun for getting their order wrong when she was showing them exactly what they had ordered. She hadn’t gotten it wrong, they just ordered something they didn’t want. While Dahyun was busy panicking, Sana had walked up to the counter and started glaring at said customer until they noticed her. As soon as they did, they went silent before apologizing and saying it was fine as they grabbed the order and ran off. If Dahyun hadn’t known better it would’ve seemed like they were scared of Sana herself and not of the deadly glare she’d been sending them.

 

She sent Sana back a good morning sticker, a reply to the ‘morning’ that the noble had sent her, as she got dressed for the day. Her peace was interrupted by her boss messaging her a reminder about the party they were catering tonight. She wasn’t excited for that at all, it was another party at the castle. What bothered her about it wasn’t that it was at the castle, what bothered her was that she had to go. A few days ago her boss had pulled her aside and told her that they would be catering a big party at the castle, a birthday party. Dahyun already knew it was the princess’s birthday party, because Nayeon wouldn’t stop going on and on about it being the social event of the season every time she talked to her. She had been planning on skipping until her boss said she couldn’t.

 

At first, Dahyun had thought her boss meant ‘since you missed the last event you have to go to this one for fairness’. Unfortunately her boss had then let her know that she, specifically, had been requested to cater to this event. Dahyun couldn’t even call it a request. They had told her that in the contract they received from the royals, one of the conditions was that one Kim Dahyun cater at the princess’s birthday party. Dahyun had initially been mad, and very confused, but decided it didn’t matter as long as they had gotten a contract. She wouldn’t risk her job or the contract over not going, so that would be her entire night tonight. Dealing with nobles and avoiding royalty like the plague. 

 

She let out a sigh as she grabbed the things she would need, and headed to the shop to help with preparations. 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

The room was silent aside from the king thanking everyone for making it as Dahyun walked in one of the doors, carrying some of the pastries that needed to be restocked. She tries not to flinch at the thunderous clapping that follows the end of the speech. This whole night has her on edge, she was antsy about why she was required to be here tonight. Which was why anytime they needed to restock anything, she was the first out of the door to get out of this place. She decided to just focus on restocking and fixing the display, which means no one can talk to her and if they do she can feign ignorance and pass them on to another employee. 

 

She hopes no one comes looking for her, especially one of the royals. She figured one of them might, seeing as she was forced to be here, but if she was lucky she would be out of the building when they stopped by so she wouldn’t have to interact with them. It’s not that she had anything against them, she just was a little intimidated and it felt like a chore to watch her behavior so carefully. Nobles were easier to deal with, Sana especially so. 

 

Dahyun moves over to the lemon bars to start restocking when someone reaches past her to grab one, she turns and locks eyes with them. Wait, she knows this girl from when she went shopping with Nayeon. What was her name again? Dahyun’s brows furrow as she thinks.

 

“Oh! I know you! You’re that cutie that Nayeon was spoiling before. I don’t know if you recognize me or not, I’m Hirai Momo.” Momo smiles at her as she puts one of the lemon bars on her plate. Dahyun’s thankful she didn’t have to ask her name, she might have died of embarrassment.

 

“I remember you, I’m Dahyun.” Dahyun smiles, a real one not a fake one like she thought she’d use with everyone here. 

 

“You know Dahyun, I’m actually a little disappointed in you.” Momo says, reaching up to pinch Dahyun’s cheeks. Dahyun is thoroughly confused. “You never called to be my sugar baby.” Her cheeks are squeezed extra hard as her face goes red. 

 

“Aw you’re adorable.” Momo coos at her, before someone calls out to her from the crowd. She releases her hold on Dahyun and said girl rubs her cheeks where she got pinched. “The offers still open, you know.” Momo winks at her as she walks off.

 

Dahyun’s a little sad that Momo left, she seems like a lot of fun, but she’s relieved to have the attention off of her. She was lucky no one had noticed the interaction, the woman carried herself like she was someone important and Dahyun did not want to get involved with anyone important. Nayeon and Tzuyu were the uppermost limits of that. Anyone higher? No way. 

 

Her train of thought slows to a stop when she notices they’re running low on frozen cream puffs, and she decides to head off towards the kitchen where they were allowed to stock some in the freezer. It’s quiet in the hallway on the way there and she’s lucky the kitchen is clearly labeled or she’d get hopelessly lost en route. 

 

Suddenly her wrist is grabbed from behind and she's dragged into the nearest room without time to even scream. When she's almost slammed against the wall and facing said kidnapper, all the fear melts away. Her heart pounds so fast it might beat its way out of her ribcage or stop altogether. Standing in front of her, pinning her to the wall is none other than Sana in an open-backed purple dress. Dahyun goes bright red.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

The royal family was not known for being patient, and Sana was probably the least patient of them all. She knows it’s her birthday, she should be happy so many people are going to celebrate with her, and her dad’s speech really is beautiful. She just has other things to do that involve not listening to him go on and on about how much he loves her. For instance, finding Dahyun and telling her the truth about being the princess. Actually, Dahyun is the only thing on Sana’s mind right now, she keeps trying to look over the crowd in the direction of the food to spot her. 

 

She was lucky that Dahyun was here at all, her mom had just accepted it when the princess had told her that one of the workers was required to be at her party as a clause in the contract. Initially, she was worried her mom might fight her about it. When she didn't, the princess guessed that her mom had assumed that Sana also had her eyes on someone. After all, the queen already knew about Mina and Chaeyoung.

 

She was grateful to her mom for allowing the clause, but she knew it meant that the queen was going to make her way over to that pastry table to see who exactly Sana had required to be there. The last thing she wanted was for her mom to embarrass her in front of Dahyun. 

 

As soon as her dad finishes speaking, the princess makes a break for it. Attempting to move as gracefully as possible while making a beeline for the tables that Dahyun is supposed to be at right now. Sana hasn’t figured out how she's going to get said girl alone without everyone seeing, but figures that she’ll handle that when she gets to it. For now, she was just desperate to see Dahyun. Out of everyone, she wanted Dahyun to wish her happy birthday the most.

 

Finally, she gets through the crowd. A flicker of jealousy tugs at her as she sees Dahyun and Momo talking. Why are they talking? The jealousy wraps itself around her as she watches Momo pinch Dahyun’s cheeks. That should be her. Did Momo know who Dahyun was? Where did they meet? Sana hadn't ever told her who Dahyun was, mostly out of fear that Momo would tell her she was the princess. So then why are they acting so friendly? 

 

Sana is about to run for Dahyun and smack Momo’s hand off of what’s hers, but she catches herself. Hers? Dahyun wasn’t hers. The public didn’t even know the two of them were talking. If Sana made a move right now, they would be bombarded with questions and she would have to explain to Dahyun publicly. She closes her eyes, silently seething, until Momo is called off somewhere in the crowd. As her best friend passes, Sana gives her the deadliest glare she can muster. Momo looks confused but keeps walking, alright so she didn’t know who Dahyun was to Sana then.

 

Turning her attention back to Dahyun, she freezes for a second as she’s gone missing. Sana frantically looks around trying to figure out where Dahyun ran off to in that moment, before spotting her heading down a hallway towards the kitchen. Perfect, the princess thinks to herself, no one else should be there right now. At least, not anyone Sana can’t keep quiet. There are plenty of places to steal Dahyun away to talk down there too. Sana follows Dahyun, trying to keep herself quiet as her heartbeat quickens its pace the closer she gets to her prey.

 

The opportunity comes knocking as the two of them pass by a rarely used study, Dahyun still hasn’t noticed her so she grabs the girl’s wrist and pulls Dahyun into the room with her. She shuts the door behind them and keeps Dahyun between herself and the wall. It’s dark in the room, but she can tell that Dahyun recognizes her from the heart warming smile she receives when her eyes adjust to the darkness. She has to stop herself from leaning in to kiss her, she was planning on blurting out that she’s the princess right away and being done with it. Naturally, after that smile Dahyun gave her and the realization that they’re alone in this room, her mind has switched directions and all she wants is to kiss her. 

 

The image of Momo pinching Dahyun’s cheeks suddenly takes over her thoughts

Please log in to read the full chapter