First date

You're My Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Author's note: hey y'all, here's your cute date chapter i hope u enjoy. Mostly. I hope the quality of writing and the characters' personalities haven't changed much but there's a possibility since it's been so long. I am open to constructive criticism if you feel I've accidentally fundamentally changed someone or smth in the plot, just be nice please. Sorry for being gone so long, I'll try to do better from now on. 

 

Sana stretches on her way out of one of the many rooms they have meetings in, she just met with the financial advisors to discuss their proposals for better ways to use the kingdom's money. She’s expected to write a detailed report on her thoughts for each of the proposals and present it to her father sometime tomorrow, but she has more important things on her mind right now. Like what she should do for the date, if she did whatever she wanted then she would hire the best chef in the kingdom to cook them a four course meal and an orchestra to play while they sit under the stars. Except that’s way too much for a first date so she has to think more casually. What would Dahyun like? Sana realizes she has no idea. What does she even know about Dahyun? The girl is gorgeous, hardworking, and willing to admit when she's wrong. She pays attention to the smaller details and seems to be more sensitive than someone would assume. But that's all Sana knows. What are Dahyun's hobbies? What are her likes and dislikes? Her favorite foods? 

 

While the princess is deep in thought, wandering along the castle halls, she automatically heads into one of the secret passages. She’s looking at the ground distracted when she's pushed back. She knocks into a wall and snaps out of her thoughts. Standing in front of her is a slack jawed Mina trying to head in the direction Sana just came from. 

 

“Mina? What are you doing here?” Sana brushes herself off and moves to the center of the passage, blocking Mina’s path. 

 

“I was just on my way out. This seemed like the fastest way.” Mina says nonchalantly, trying to brush past Sana. She doesn't get far. 

 

“You normally like taking the long way around though? Is it something urgent? Oh god, is there another meeting I forgot about.” Sana hopes that's not the case, she was so excited to start planning the date and texting Dahyun. She could have forgotten about something.

 

“No, no. There's no meeting, this is just a personal matter. I don’t want to run late, so if you don't mind - ” Mina tries yet again to walk off, but this time Sana grabs her arm. 

 

“You’re being suspicious? What's going on?” Sana waits for an answer but is met with silence and Mina looking down at the ground. “I won’t push if you don’t want to say.”

 

“It's a date. I have a date.” Mina takes a deep breath and faces Sana with a smile playing on her lips. “And now you're the only person who knows and I have to kill you to keep you silent.” Before Sana can react Mina lunges for her and gets her in a headlock, whispering. “Secret for a secret so i know you won't go telling everyone.” Sana is hitting Mina in her arm trying to get her to let go. 

 

“I-I have one too.” She barely manages to get out, hoping Mina will let go. She does and grabs Sanas hands excitedly.

 

“With who? That girl from before? The one who was sick?” 

 

“Yeah, but what about you? Who are you going on a date with?” Sana tries to think about anyone Mina had shown interest in recently. “Wait a second, is it that girl? The one you flirted with at the party? I can't remember her name.” 

 

“It’s Chaeyoung, and yes I'm meeting her. I’m actually on my way to pick her up right now and I don't want to be late. I promise to give you all the details later if you give me the details of your date, okay love you bye!” And Sana watches as Mina runs down the hall, smiling at the thought of her cousin being this excited to go on a date. 

 

Which just reminds her that she has to plan her date. Well she can’t go wrong with food right? It could be a lunch date, maybe next to the park. There's some good casual restaurants there, and with her status she could pull some strings to get a good seat on the deck facing the lake. The weather is pretty beautiful this time of year. As she makes it out of the passage and heads to her room she decides to text Dahyun. The first thing she sees is a missed text from said girl. 

 

From: Cutie

 

17:53: Any update on the date?

 

18:01: Not that I'm excited or anything, just so I know what's going on. 

 

From: Minatozaki Sana

 

18:32: I was thinking of a lunch date, maybe by a park. When are you free?

 

From: Cutie

 

18:35: Oh that sounds unexpectedly nice. I’m free on Saturday. Should we meet there?

 

From: Minatozaki Sana

 

18:37: What do you mean unexpectedly?? (╥﹏╥) Do i seem like i wouldn’t of come up with something nice to do 

 

From: Cutie

 

18:40: NO! I just meant you’re a noble so I was preparing myself for something super fancy and out of my comfort zone. Lunch sounds nice, the weather has been good lately and I think it's supposed to be sunny and cool on Saturday. 

 

From: Minatozaki Sana

 

18:42: Let's go with Saturday then. We can meet there. I’ll send you the address of the place later, im looking forward to it  (^◡^ )

 

Sana lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding as she sits on the couch in her room. She’s been on dates before, she's even planned them before, but she was never as nervous about them as she is now. Saturday is in two days, and she's already buzzing with excitement and nerves, she can only imagine how she’ll feel on the day of. 

 

 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Dahyun exhaled, checking her outfit in the mirror one more time. She was glad she used some of the clothes Nayeon had bought her when they went out shopping. She clearly had an eye for what looked good on people. She was wearing the tan sweater Nayeon said she ‘had to buy’ with a simple gold necklace and some white pants she already owned. She thought she looked cute and hoped Sana would think so too. She freezes as she realizes she just wanted the noble to think she was cute. This whole date was just payback for learning Sana’s name! It's not like she wanted to go or anything. Or like she stayed up late last night going through her whole wardrobe trying to pick out something good to wear. She was having a harder and harder time convincing herself she wasn’t excited to spend more time with Sana. 

 

Sana had texted her the address earlier this morning along with saying how excited she was to see her later, so now Dahyun was getting in her car for the drive. It was a relatively short 10 minute drive but it would've been a much longer walk. Though the weather was nice, she was thinking of doing some shopping before heading home and figured she would need her car. She played some calming music while worrying about what they would talk about. She was still rehearsing all the different ways the conversation could go when she realized she’d already pulled into the parking lot. 

 

As she’s turning off the engine she looks around to see if she can spot Sana and almost has a heart attack when she sees the noble she's looking for. She's wearing high waisted light blue jeans with a gray top tucked into it, and even though it's a more casual outfit she looks stunning in Dahyun's vision. She pulls her eyes away to grab her purse, exits the car and locks it. 

 

“Wow, you look beautiful.” A familiar voice says from behind her, making Dahyun jump five feet in the air. She grabs onto the things closest to her to steady herself, one hand on the car and the other on someone's shoulder. “Oh a shoulder touch? Already? That's rather bold of you, I'd say.” 

 

“Deal with it for a second while I try to calm my heart down from the near assasination you just attempted.” She composes herself before straightening her back and walking towards the restaurant with Sana trailing behind.

 

“Are you sure your heart will be able to calm down once you get a good look at me? I know my heart’s been

Please log in to read the full chapter