Casual

You're My Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

Authors note: hey yall! Sorry it took so long i had a lot of chaos going on at the end of the semester and then I hadn't written (fiction) in awhile so it took a bit to get back in the process. My chapters usually have a beta reader, this one does not! pls dont be mean to me i'll cry.

 

 

 

The princess sits at her desk in one of the castle’s offices, playing with her pen. She twirls it around her fingers in an attempt to make her less bored of all this paperwork. Since her date with Dahyun, Sana’s been texting her everyday. She wants to text her now, but Dahyun hadn’t responded to her ‘good morning’ from earlier and she didn’t want to wake her up if she was still asleep. Sana let out a sigh and leaned back in her chair, hoping for someone to visit and distract her from the mountain of work on the desk in front of her. 

 

There’s a knock at the door to the office within a minute after the wish. The princess takes a second to react, shocked that the universe listened and responded so quickly. Sana says they can enter and in walks her mother, carrying a very heavy looking folder with papers sticking out of it. 

 

“Hey mom, what’s that?” Sana hopes it’s not more work for her, she might start crying to get out of it. She’s been up to her ears in work the past few days, her father all too happy to start putting more responsibility on her shoulders.

 

“Hmm?” Her mom acknowledges the question, acting a little suspicious. “Oh you mean this?” The queen lifts the stack a little higher before placing it on Sana’s desk. Great, it is more work. 

 

“This is a list of potential suitors. Men and women, most align with your tastes.” The queen looks around the room, avoiding eye contact with her daughter, as if that would lessen the blow. 

 

“It’s what now?” Sana silently curses the universe for misunderstanding what she meant by making her less bored. Her mothers face falls into a softer look, and she finally looks at her.

 

“You’re reaching that age where you should get serious about someone, for the good of the kingdom.” Her mom puts a hand on the folder. “I know you have a bit of bad luck with these things, so I had some people arrange possible candidates and went over them myself. If you think this is a lot, you should see the stack of ones I rejected.” 

 

It’s a sweet gesture, and the princess tries to appear grateful. Her mom is right, she is reaching that age and the kingdom wants her to leave her supposed playgirl lifestyle behind. If she hadn’t been talking to Dahyun, she might have taken a look at it. Maybe even picked someone. She just can’t bear to think about being with anyone but Dahyun anymore. 

 

“I understand, but I don’t know any of these people.” She tries to use her puppy dog eyes on her mom, it doesn’t work as well as she had hoped. 

 

“You didn’t even open the folder.” The queen announces, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow at Sana. The princess reaches forward and opens the folder without breaking eye contact. 

 

“I don’t know any of these people.” Still refusing to even look at the people in the folder. She has nothing against them, she just knows Dahyun won’t be in here. Everyone in this folder is going to be noble, at the very least.

 

“Sana, give it a chance. Get to know them. Go on some nice dates.” Her mom insists, and Sana knows that unless she does something drastic her mom is going to make this the top priority of the day. 

 

“Actually, I already have someone I’m going on dates with right now.” This is not the way she wanted to tell her mother, but the last thing she was going to do was entertain going on a date with anyone who wasn’t Dahyun.

 

“Liar.” The queen attempts to see through her, searching for the signs that Sana is lying. The princess knows her mom wont find any of them, except nervousness that this will turn into an interrogation about Dahyun.

 

“I’m not. I can’t tell you anything though. It’s not serious yet, but I’m serious about her. We’re just casually going on dates right now, it’s not exclusive.” Sana summons her best ‘I am royalty’ calm manner of explaining the facts. When she looks at her mom's reaction, she can’t help but smile too.

 

The queen is smiling as if her daughter told her that she was getting married and taking over the kingdom tomorrow, so her mother could retire. She lets out a squeal as she lightly slams her hands on the desk.

 

“As soon as it’s exclusive you have to tell me everything or I’m telling your father.” Her mom says all too happily, Sana knows it's an empty threat. Not that it’s even a threat for anyone but Dahyun, her dad would just want to meet her and she doesn’t want that to happen yet. She already knows her parents will love Dahyun, so much that they’ll start pushing for engagement right away. She will not let them scare away the woman she likes. 

 

“Okay mom, you’ll be the first to know. Unless Mina and Momo get to me first.” She jokes and her mom smiles in return. 

 

“I’m going to leave the folder of suitors on your desk in case your dad stops by later. You should at least pretend you’re looking into it, until you and this girl are exclusive.” Her mom winks at her before leavin

Please log in to read the full chapter