Chapter 9 - What to feel now?

Always By Your Side

in school

 

No One POV

 

 

“Lucas can you please concentrate?” Yuqi cried in despair.

 

“I thought you wanted to help me?”

 

“I said that I’m going to help you find a date for prom. And here I am!” Lucas presented himself.

 

“Lucas, we talked about this.”

 

“No, we didn’t. All you did was asking me what rhymes with ‘vegetables’. Yuqi I am handsome, popular and I’m a good dancer! Go to prom with me, will you?

 

“I’m going to ask Soyeon.”

 

“Soyeon? Why her? What does she have that I don’t?

 

“My heart. Lucas. My heart.”

 

“Hm damn. Nothing I can do about it, huh?

 

“No not really. I’m sorry.”

 

“I see then you better hurry.”

 

“Why now? I still have 3 days until prom.”

 

“But Soyeon is standing behind that tree over there. She keeps giving me those stares. Kinda creepy.”

 

“Wait what? Where?” Yuqi paniced as she looked around trying to locate the girl she likes.

 

“I bet she is going to be jealous if I do this.” Lucas said as he walked closer to the girl with the baby face.

 

“Huh? Do what now?” the Chinese girl didn’t seem to catch up with anything that happened around her.

 

That’s when Lucas placed a kiss on Yuqi’s cheek.

 

“Good luck.” he whispered before he ran away.

 

Yuqi was left in shook but then she heard water spilling to the ground. She turned to where the sound came from and saw how the shorter girl ran away. She dropped two cups of choclate bubble tea, which was Yuqi’s favourite.

 

“SOYEON, WAIT UP!” Yuqi screamed as she picked up her pace to follow the older.

 

Good thing her legs are short.’ Yuqi thought as she caught up and grabbed the other on her arm.

 

“Let me go!” The Korean demanded. She was avoiding eye contact.

 

“Hey… I can… totally explain…. Ufff let me catch my breath first.” Yuqi panted.

 

Soyeon rolled her eyes and freed herself from the younger. She started to walk away but then Yuqi pulled her back.

 

“Don’t be mad.”

 

“I’m not mad. I just wished I haven’t wasted my money buying those cups of bubble tea.” The shorter girl said trying to hide her sadness.

 

“The chocolate bubble tea indeed would have been awesome.” Yuqi said without thinking.

 

“Wow, you know what? I hope you’ll be happy with Lucas. I didn’t want to go with you anyways.” Soyeon scoffed annoyed that the younger once again couldn’t read the room.

 

“You don’t? Ow man… I guessed I wasted my time writing this then.” Yuqi pulled out her notes for the unfinished song.

 

“What is this?” Soyeon looked confused at the item she recognized it as the paper from detention.

 

“I wrote you a song! …Well I tried.” Yuqi smiled softly.

 

“I wanted to ask you for prom and everything, but you just said that you don’t want to go with me. My heart hurts but I can’t convince you, can I?

 

Soyeon really didn’t know if she should be happy about Yuqi asking her out or if she should be mad of how naive the younger was. The baby faced girl looked to the ground and was about to cry.

 

“Yuqi, you are seriously a dummy, do you know that?” Soyeon smiled sheepishly at her.

 

“Huh? Why is everybody hitting on my intelligence.” Yuqi looked up with her puppy eyes.

 

“Read it to me. The song… or more like the lyrics.” Soyeon said.

 

Yuqi wipped away her tears and began to read her song to her.

 

 

“Jeon Soyeon

I know you are the one!

You are my partner in crime

Together we look just fine.

Please eat vegetables….”

 

 

Yuqi stopped and started explaining that she couldn’t think of anything that rhymes well with vegetables. Soyeon laughed at how cute the other was.

 

 

“Then it goes like:

From the bottom of my heart

I want to know before midnight prom starts.

Jeon Soyeon, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

 

“Yes.” Soyeon simply answered surprising the younger.

 

“What? I thought you didn’t want-“

 

“Just stop thinking for once.” Soyeon pulled her in for a kiss.

 

 

---

 

 

“Guys!” Yuqi screamed as soon as she saw her friends gathered up on a bench. But one was missing.

 

“You never guess what happened!” Yuqi said as she walked up while holding hands with Soyeon.

 

“You guys are together now?” Shuhua guessed as she smiled softly at her.

 

“WE ARE TOGETH-…. Wow! You guessed right! That’s why you are my best friend!” Yuqi said to Shuhua giving her a high five.

 

“What is wrong?” Soyeon asked worriedly. Making Yuqi realize that her friends didn’t look happy at all. Minnie’s eyes were swollen. Soojin was trying to comfort her and Shuhua despite the good news from Yuqi still had sadness in her eyes.

 

“Have you heard anything from Miyeon?” Soojin asked the other two. Both shook their heads.

 

“Why? Did anything happen to her?” Yuqi asked carefully.

 

Minnie’s started crying unable to speak.

 

“We haven’t heard from her for two days.” Soojin explains as she rubbed Minnie’s back.

 

“Oh no… Minnie are you ok? You were last with her, weren’t you?” Soyeon asked.

 

Minnie nodded. Then she started to tell them about everything that happened. About the kiss, the bruises, about the father and how Miyeon left without her knowing and not coming back at her.

 

“I don’t even know where she lives. I can’t do anything.” Minnie kept crying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Man this story is going so long... but I promise within the next 3 - 4 chapters this will be done :)

Thank you for sticking around and being patient!! <3  Please keep enjoying <3