Chapter 11 - Her 'Home'

Always By Your Side

Trigger Warning: Mentioning of violence and blood. (it's not much but it is there)

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Miyeon POV

 

 

“YAh MiyEOn, U litTLe brAt!”A man humbled. A loud sound of breaking glass followed immediately

 

“There goes another bottle of whiskey.” I thought to myself while making my way to see what my ‘father’ wanted from me.

 

“Yeh abeoji?”

 

“Clean that! And when your done cook me something to eat… Something edible this time” he went on moving to his shelf to get him another bottle soju.

 

This has been my live ever since my mother decided to leave me. We used to live in a small apartment near Seoul. But it wasn’t easy for us at all.

 

Even though my parents lived separately. My so called ‘father’ would keep coming to our place after having six bottles of soju or whiskey. He would then slap my mother in front of me or would do even worse stuff to her. I hated myself for not being able to do anything against it.

My mom always said that I should just keep being good in school. She tried to keep me out of this situation as good as possible and locked me into my room every time he’d come over.

He would always show up after 1 am completely drunk. Everyday. Hurting and insulting my mom and there was nothing I could do.

I would spend my nights sobbing sitting next to my bed. I’d wait till the screams stopped and he left in order to go and check up on my mother afterwards. I hated to see her like that. I hated that I was so helpless, and I hated him for making us live like this.

I would always cry myself to sleep because it was just so much for me to handle. I couldn’t understand how my mother still loved him. We could have just gone to the police and reported him. There are so many ways to get out of this situation, but she didn’t want to. She always told me to keep quiet about it. I wasn’t allowed to tell anyone.

 

“He is family.” No matter how much my mother suffered she kept repeating those words over and over again.

 

Only my aunt Chorong knew. She was the one who would visit me and help me with everything. Sometimes she’d bring me to her place when things got too messy. My aunt was the only one I could talk to. There wasn’t more she could do. A friend of my mother once tried to help us and stepped infront of my father… he ended up in the hospital with a head trauma.

 

Until one day I came home from school late due to an extra assignment. I was walking to the living room when I opened the door a was left in horror. I fell on my knees and started to cry uncontrollable not knowing what to do. Right in front of me was my mother… but she wasn’t alive anymore.

 

That’s how I ended up living with this douchebag. Because I’m still not old enough to live alone they forced me to live with him. And he is making my life a living hell. It would have been tough enough already without him.

 

When my mother still lived, she would protect me from him but now that she is gone, I’m completely lost. He would make me clean up his whole nasty home and taking care of the chores every day. While he would tell me how useless I am and that this world would be better without me. When I did something wrong or he simply didn’t like it, he would beat me. But most of the times he would just continuously scream to my face.

I miss my mother. Every time I think of her, I have to cry, and I can’t stop. I feel so miserable. It just didn’t seem to stop. I am broken. I have nothing to believe in. Nothing to hold on to. Just nothing. I thought a lot about following my mother in order to escape out of this misery. I thought about it every day. Until I met her. Kim Minnie.

 

 

present

 

 

“SHE WHAT? Oh my god that means…”

 

“Exactly. You got her address now.”

 

 

“Seo Soojin you are… just unbelievable!!” the Thai screamed as she jumped up ready to run 1000 miles just to see her girl.

 

“I know haha. Now go! What are you waiting for? Shushu send you the directions already.”

 

Minnie began to tear up “I have the best friends! I love you so much! Tell Shuhua that I’ll treat her tofu rice balls!!”

 

“Will do.” Soojin smiled at her friend who was now running to catch a taxi.

 

 

----

 

 

“House no.5… so here it is.” the girl with bangs thought to herself. She has never been in this neighborhood before. The streets are empty, and the buildings look somehow abandoned.

 

The house in front of her looks a bit dilapidated and the grass around the house was growing uncontrollable. Minnie started to feel uneasy as she stepped to the front porch.

Before she could ring the bell, she heard a loud thud followed by a scream. She recognized it to be Miyeon’s voice.

 

„You did not waste my ing money to buy this ugly dress, DID U? a loud manly voice can be heard.

 

“STOP HURTING HER!” Minnie tear the door open.

 

“AND WHO THE ARE YOU?” the man called out

 

„Minnie!” Miyeon was shocked to see the blonde girl in fornt of her.

 

„Miyeon-ah I can’t-“

 

„What are doing here? You shouldn’t be here! Go!” Miyeon said while pushing Minnie out of the door into their garden.

 

„You know exactly that I didn’t want you to come here. Why didn’t you listen?” the older hissed.

 

“Miyeon I’m done running away and so should you! I love you enough to risk it all for you. I know you’d do the same. So, let’s face him together.”

 

Miyeon didn’t say anything but nodded her head.

Miyeon’s father then followed them outside to face the young unofficial couple.

 

“So, you are Minnie? The reason why Miyeon sneaked out of the house and wasted my ing money to buy this ugly dress?” Mr. Cho asked causing Minnie to grit her teeth.

 

“You better leave this place I am not finished with her yet.” The man said as he pushed the young girl aside.

 

He then grabbed Miyeon hard and started to insult her again. She could feel her tears build up. The alcoholic was ready to hit her once again but before he had the chance to Minnie stepped between them and pushed Miyeon away. Taking the hit which left her with an open lip.

 

“MINNIE” Miyeon screamed out in shock. Minnie stretched her hand out signing her to stay back. “Please” she whispered under her breath.

 

“Don’t get involved in other people’s businesses.” The man continued.

 

“You hurt her. That made you my business a long time ago.” Minnie was so ready to beat the crap out of this douchebag who made her love suffer for so many years. She promised herself to make him feel sorry and today shall be the day she keeps it.

 

“You are pathetic. Trying to drown your problems in alcohol. Beating other people up in order to make yourself feel stronger just because you know that you are not worth .”

 

“Yah you little I told to you to SHUT THE UP!” he yelled while grabbing her by her collar.

 

“Additionally, you mistreated the only people who could’ve help you out of your disgusting misery. You are truly the definition of a human scumbag.” the brave girl continued not showing any sight of fear.

 

“That’s enough. I’m going to kill you. You little !” He said picking Minnie up to throwing her at a rock nearby. Her head started to bleed.

 

“MINNIE!” Miyeon ran screaming to hold her beloved.

 

“HAVE U LOST YOUR MIND?” she screamed at her father. Tears are running down her face by now. This is exactly what she was afraid of. Losing a person whom she loves so dearly and see them getting hurt.

 

“I should have kept you out of this… I’m so sorry baby… I love you so much. - AHCK!”

 

“You have always been such a crybaby” the intoxicated man said. He was pulling her hair forcing her to stand up.

 

“Maybe I should just beat the crap out of the both of you.” Now grabbing her by her chin. His face was so close to hers that she was able to smell the alcohol in his breath. That’s when she spit in his face forcing him to let go of her. His anger reached a new he reached out “YOU LITTLE BRAT. YOU’LL REGRET-“

 

*SMACK*

 

“DON’T YOU EVER TOUCH HER AGAIN!” Minnie shouted at the top of her lungs.

 

With all her might Minnie stood back up to hit him with a brick. She used everything that was left in her body and aimed for his head. His body fell to the ground.

 

After a few seconds the injured girl dropped to her knees clearly out of breath. Her vision began to get blurry but not before capturing the image Miyeon once more and flashing her a weak smile before blacking out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Concert was lit. 'I'm the trend' is lit. Minnie is blonde.