Chapter 4 - Prom?!

Always By Your Side

During a free period

No One POV

 

“Yah Song Yuqi! I thought we met up to finally finish this project so we can live in piece again.” Shuhua scoffed when she noticed Yuqi being distracted by her phone again.

 

“Who are you even texting? Isn’t Soyeon recording her new song right now?”

 

“She is. I can’t wait for her to release it! Because of her the school radio isn’t total crap anymore!” Yuqi said still not looking up from her phone.

 

“Fact.” Shuhua agreed. The Taiwanese then started to space out. She thought about how Soojin’s voice would underline Soyeon’s rap really good but the thought of her girlfriend singing with someone that is not her made her jealous, so she didn’t want to think of it anymore.

 

“HEY WHY DIDN’T YOU AWNSER MY OTHER QUESTION YET?! SONG YUQI DO YOU WANNA DIE?!” Shuhua snapped as soon she entered planet earth again.

 

“IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUISNESS. YEH PABO!”

 

“WHAT DID U JUST CALL ME?”

 

“YOU HEARD ME RIGH-”

 

“SAY ONE MORE THING AND I’LL THROW YOU GUYS OUT!” the librarian shouted at the two youngest shutting them up immediately. After she send them a death glare she returned to her desk.

 

“… Yuqi, I forgot that we are in a library.” Shuhua whispered starring into nothingness.

 

“…Same.” Yuqi said as she joined her friend starring.

 

“Anyways. Who is that unlucky person who needs to deal with you?” the maknae acted like nothing happened before.

 

“It’s Lucas.”

 

“… and why exactly are you two texting?"

 

“I asked him for help.”

 

“…FOR WHAT? Oh snap! I mean for what? Just tell everything already.” Shuhua whispered as she crawled under the table. Yuqi followed Shuhua under the table not even questioning the maknae’s behavior.

 

“I need his help. I planned to write Soyeon a song!”

 

“Wow that’s really… cringey haha do you even have the talent for that?” Shuhua giggled.

 

“That’s why I asked for help. I already started with the lyrics during detention!”

 

 

“No, you asked for Lucas. I doubt that he will be any. Why though? Is it her birthday already?”

 

“Huh? Shu? Don’t you remember? The Midnight Summer prom is just around the corner! I will ask her to be my date with the song!”

 

“OMO I FORGOT!” Shuhua jumped bumping her head under the table.

 

“OUCH! Oh snap I mean omo I forgot… ouch!” the Taiwanese yelled while whispering and was now making her way under another table. Yuqi followed up but hit her head too.

 

“OW! Why are we doing this though?” Yuqi finally asked the black-haired girl while rubbing her head.

 

“Oh, because I like the air down here. It’s fresher.”

 

“But there is dust everywher-“

 

“Omo how are you so stupid? We are hiding from the creepy librarian.”

 

“WHY AM I THE STUPID ONE WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KEEPS YELLING RANDOM STUFF!”

 

“Pssst. Be quiet Woogs. She might here you.”

 

“I do hear you and I can see you too.” The creepy librarian suddenly spoke out, scaring the two youngest who bumped their heads again.

 

“Ouchie! Oh man, now even our last brain cell left us. How am I supposed to write a song like this?” Yuqi whimpered as she rubbed her head.

 

------

 

“So your fault that we got kicked out!” Shuhua crossed her arms as they exit the library.

 

“I bet the hiding spot cost all your mental capability!” Yuqi hissed back.

 

“At least I don’t need the brain of some Lucas to ask my girlfriend to prom! Hahaha Shuhua 1 Yuqi 0.”

 

“Shu!! How dare you play this card! Soyeon isn’t even my girlfriend… yet. And I am pretty sure that you forgot to ask Soojin!”

 

“She is my girlfriend. Of course, we will go together! You should focus on getting your girl there first! 20 bucks you chicken out.”

 

“Tempting! You better prepare to live without all your savings! I mean… there is no way that she is going to reject me...right?” Yuqi said quite unsure.

 

“Oh, I don’t know, but be careful with Lucas. We wouldn’t want there to be misunderstandings, would we?”

 

“No worries! I think I got this!” Yuqi said before continuing

 

“Okay so now back to our…”

 

“OH SNAP!” they yelled in sync.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

Shuhua and Yuqi are working on their project together. Soyeon is recording a song and Minnie is somewhere else taking photos for her art project. Leaving Miyeon and Soojin sitting in the school yard enjoying the fresh air and the nature while talking about their lifes.

 

“Oh, I see. So that’s how you two got together.” Miyeon smiled as she finished hearing the story of Sooshu.

 

“Yeah haha. I don’t like to show it but Shuhua is everything to me.” Soojin couldn’t help but smile. “Hey, are you planning on going to the Midnight Summer prom?”

 

“Prom? I didn’t even know that there will be one.”

 

“I see so Minnie didn’t ask you yet?” Soojin accidentally thought out loud. She sensed that the Thai is having a hard crush on their new friend.

 

“Huh?” Miyeon started to blush.

 

“Ah Nothing. Don’t mind what I just said. But it would be cool if you would hang out with us. By now you really belong to our little group.” Soojin gave Miyeon a motherly smile.

 

“That’s so nice of you to say. But I don’t think I can go.”

 

“Why not? Already got plans?”

 

“No. But I’m not used to go to proms and dress all fancy.”

 

“Well it is a prom, but the Midnight Summer is not meant to be all fancy. The school basically hangs out near the beach with music until its midnight.”

 

“Well it does sound like fun… I just doubt that my father will allow me to.”

 

“Why don’t you ask your mom then?” Soojin kept asking.

 

Miyeon looked down at her feet clearly effected by the question. The younger noticed it immediately.

 

“I’m sorry. Did I say something wrong?” The black-haired girl felt guilty.

 

“No, it’s not your fault. It’s just… my mother passed away recently. That’s one of the reasons why I had to transfer school.” Miyeon said giving Soojin a sad smile.

 

“Oh my… I am so sorry. Are you okay?” the younger looked concerned.

 

“I need to be, it’s really hard but I’m okay. My aunt Chorong is really helping me out a lot. I really appreciate that. I would love to move to her place. It would make so much easier.” Miyeon said whilst looking down.

 

“Why? What about your father?”

 

“…H-he is a whole other story.” Miyeon said. Soojin saw the she was really uncomfortable, so she stopped digging about her family.

 

“Have you talked about that with Minnie unnie yet?”

 

“I told her about my mother. She told me that you guys will be my new family” Miyeon answered with a shy smile.

 

“That’s something where I actually agree with Minnie unnie haha. You guys have gotten quite close, didn’t you?” Soojin asked.

 

“I guess you could phrase it like that.” Miyeon responded sheepishly scratching the back of her neck.

 

It wasn’t a secret. The two of them would always ride the bus together. Sometimes Soyeon and Yuqi would join them but they would not really pay attention to the others because they always end up in their own world.

During the recess they would sit next to each other and act like an old married couple. The whole group noticed it and they are just waiting for them to get together.

 

“When I first entered the school, I would have never thought that I would find friends like you.” Miyeon spoke out truthfully.

 

“I’m glad too, that you found our little group. We harmonize well.” The younger gave her a warm smile.

 

“Soojin tell me. Do you think Minnie likes me?” the older asked keeping her sight on the ground.

 

“Of course she likes you! We all do.”

 

“No, I mean like like…”

 

“Uhm I don’t know. But you two really look good together. Would there be a problem if she does?” Soojin didn’t want to expose Minnie.

 

“Yeah… I think there would be.” The younger didn’t expect that answer.

 

“It’s just… I like her but I don’t think that this would be a good idea…” miyeon continued.

 

“Why not? If you like each other?”

 

“It’s not that easy Soo. My situation is complicated. I don’t think I’m good for her.”

 

“That’s nonsense! What are you talking about unnie?”

 

“Yeah… just what am I talking about… You know, forget what I just said.” Miyeon played it off.

 

“How about ice americano? I could use some refreshment.” Miyeon continued bringing back a light atmosphere.

 

“Sure thing let me just-“

 

*beep beep*

 

“Who is it?” Miyeon asked as Soojins cellphone rang.

 

“It’s Shu. Let me pick it up.” The cheerleader then picked up her phone and was greeted by muffling sounds.

 

“Huh? You guys did what?........................................ Oh my…………. Shushu-ah why do you live every day like it’s your first day as a human?”

 

“BUT JIN-AH, IT WAS YUQI’S FAULT THAT WE GOT KICKED OUT!” Shuhua yelled at the other end of the call.

 

“Okay baby calm down. We will be there soon.” Soojin ended the call not giving the chance to the maknaes to scream into her ear while arguing again.

 

“What did the two terrorists do now?” Miyeon chuckled as she finds the whole scenery amusing.

 

“They got kicked out of the library because they were too loud, but they left their biology project inside. And now we are blessed with solving their problem once again. But, like who’s dumb enough to think that putting those two in one project would be a good idea?”

 

“Ahahaha let’s just get going then.” Miyeon laughed at Soojins comments.

 

 

 

 

A/N: The next chapter will tell you about the chaotic story of Sooshu :) After that the story will focus on mimin!