Chapter 8 - Playground

Always By Your Side

Minnie POV

 

*beep beep*

I groaned as I heard my phone ring. It was in the middle of the night. It took me long enough to fall asleep. I was busy worrying about Miyeon. I felt myself waking up as I looked at the screen.

 

7 messages from Miyeon <3 and 3 missed calls

 

I immediately called her back. I didn’t take her long to pick up her phone.

 

“Miyeon-ah? Are you ok?” I asked worriedly.

 

“Minnie… I-I need you. C-can we meet?” She was crying. My heart hurt hearing her voice like this. I want to hear her laugh and make her happy.

 

“Of course! Where are you?”

 

“I… I’m in front of your dorm.”

 

“I’ll be there in a minute!” I hung up and quickly grabbed the pair of shorts and the hoodie next to me. I quietly sneaked out of the apartment since I didn’t want to wake up Shuhua. It’s 3 am in the morning. Thank God it’s Sunday we don’t have classes today.

When I arrived downstairs, I saw her crouching in front of the entrance.

 

“Miyeon.”

 

“Minnie!” she came running to me. I embraced her and she started crying again. I swear to god if I ever find out who is making her suffer like this. I will rip them apart.

 

“I’m here. I will always be by your side.” I said while I tighten the hug.

 

I felt her calming down, so I pulled back.

 

“What happened?” I looked into her eyes. They were so swollen. I wish I could just kiss the pain away. I would do anything just to see her happy again.

 

“C-can we take a walk?” she sounded so weak.

 

“Of course, we can. Let’s go.” I took her hand in mine as we started to walk under the moonlight.

 

 

-----

 

 

We arrived at a playground.

 

“Hey, let’s have some fun!” I smiled at her hoping I can cheer her up a bit. She nodded so I led her to the climbing frame.

 

“I bet I’m faster than you!”

 

“We’ll see about that.” Miyeon finally gave me a smile.

 

“3… 2… 1… GO!” I climbed really fast I didn’t take me long till I nearly reached the top. When I looked down to check on the girl, I’m in love with I saw her wincing in pain.

 

“MIYEON!” I hurried down to her side.

 

“Are you ok?” I guided her towards a bench nearby and sat her down. She was holding her stomach in pain. She didn’t say anything.

 

“Let me check on you.” I spoke out softly as I took the hem of her shirt. She didn’t look at me and just held my hand in place.

 

“Hey, look at me.” She did as I told her to. I kissed her forehead.

 

“Please trust me.” She nodded and let go of my hand, giving me the permission to pull up her hoodie.

 

“Oh my god… Miyeon…”

 

Even though the light was poor it wasn’t hard to see that her body was covered in bruises. They look severe.

 

“…Your father did this, didn’t he?” She just kept quiet, but I knew I was right. I just pulled her in for another hug which she gladly accepted.

 

‘I’m going to kill this son of a .’

 

“You’ll sleep at my place tonight.” I took her hand again as we walked home to get some rest.

 

“He is an alcoholic.” Miyeon suddenly spoke out.

 

“Have he always been like this?”

 

“Y-yeah. He used to let it all out on my mother but since she passed away, I’m the one getting it all.”

 

“I’m going to teach him a lesson.” I couldn’t hide my anger as I clenched my fists.

 

“Minnie, don’t! I’ll figure something out. My aunt Chorong is in court for me trying to get the get parental authority.”

 

“But he is a bastard for beating you up like this. Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

 

“Minnie, listen! I am afraid that if you get involved in this that he might hurt you… or worse. It happened to someone who tried to help us before. My father is unpredictable. And I don’t want you to risk anything just for me.” Miyeon was sobbing.

 

“But I would do anything for you! I wish I could take all the pain away from you. If I could would take those hits for you. I would do everything so you can be happy again.” I felt myself tearing up too. I felt so useless for not being able to help the love of my life.

 

“I love you.” I continued.

 

“I love you too, Minnie.” Miyeon cupped my face as she connected our foreheads. We stayed like that for a bit until I captured her lips once again. It felt so right. After a moment she pulled away.

 

“That’s why I need you to stay out of this.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Now the secret of Miyeon is out. Hope you guys are excited to see how they are going to handle it :)

ALSO I AUTHENTICATED MY TICKET THIS MORNING. UFF I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Hope many of you are able to see it as well!