Chapter 7 - Walk home

Always By Your Side

No One POV

 

 

“Hey there beautiful!” Minnie smiled cheekily as she saw Miyeon exiting the school. The Thai waited for her so they could go home together.

 

“This is for you! I made it myself!” the younger said proudly as she handed the other girl a cup of coffee.

 

 

“Omo Minnie-ah this so sweet! You really did this for me? But you don’t even like coffee.” Miyeon felt her heart flutter the girl was so precious for making her coffee and even waiting for her to finish her classes in order accompany her on the way home.

 

“But you like it, so I made it.” If the Korean wouldn’t be holding the cup of coffee, she would have squished those cheeks together. ‘She is so adorable!’

 

“Let me try it!” Miyeon then took a big sip from the still warm coffee. The taste was so awful that Miyeon nearly choked drinking the beverage.

 

“Wow…” Miyeon chuckled as she pulled away.

 

“How is it?” Minnie asked with expectant eyes.

 

“It’s uhm really… different. But I think I like it!” Miyeon laughed. She wasn’t exactly lying the taste was bad, but she loved the effort that younger put in it. She would totally drink the whole thing up.

 

“Really? Let me try!” Minnie grabbed the cup and took a sip. After tasting her own creation, she spit it all out again making Miyeon laugh.

 

“Wow this so bad! Even I can taste that even though I don’t drink a lot of coffee. Let me throw it away.”

 

“Yah! Don’t! Give it to me.”

 

“But why?”

 

“Because you made it for me.”

 

Minnie couldn’t help but felt touched that Miyeon was willing to poisen herself drinking Minnie’s coffee. It showed that the older really appreciated her work. She then clinged onto the other as they began to walk home.

 

“The weather is really nice. Let’s walk again instead of taking the bus.” Minnie suggested. They usually walk when the weather is good. They both wanted to spend as much time as possible with each other.

 

“That sounds like a great idea!”

 

The two girls passed the bus station and kept walking. They talked about all sorts of things forgetting the world around them. Problems and concerns felt less severe when they were with each other.

Miyeon loved to be with the other. She made her feel alive again and she enjoyed every bit of it. But she knows that she should stop spending so much time with the younger. The Korean didn’t want her to get attached since she believes that if they became even closer it wouldn’t end well. But if it weren’t for her feelings.

 

“Miyeon-ah can I walk you home this time?” the girl with the bangs asked since whenever they walk home from school Miyeon would walk her home.

 

“Why? I like walking you home more.”

 

“But I want to know where you live.” Minnie pouted which Miyeon found really cute.

 

“Next time ok? Let’s go to your place instead.”

 

“Really? Like do you want to come in?” Minnie’s smile went from one eye to the other.

 

“Sure, let’s see how this baby lives.”

 

“Hey! I’m not a baby!” Minnie started to sulk. Miyeon then pinched her cheek.

 

“You are. Even a really cute one!” Minnie blushed at the comment.

 

----

 

Minnie’s POV

 

 

We arrived at the dormitory. I grabbed her hand as I was leading her to my dorm. It was the first time that I tried taking her hand after the incident. It fits perfectly in mine and it feels so soft. I didn’t want to let go but when we arrived infront of the door I had to in order to unlock it, but I instantly missed the touch.

 

“Et voilà! This is my place to live. Here is Shuhua’s room and there is mine.”

 

After she entered my room, she started to walk around like she was in a museum. Taking a good look at everything inside.

 

“It’s like I’m discovering the insides of your brain.”

 

„Well and there goes the romance…” I accidently thought out loud covering my mouth. Hating myself for using the word ‘romance’.

 

Miyeon just looked at me with a knowing face and gave me a little chuckle. She kept looking around going through my bookshelf filled with Harry Potter, looking at my stuffed animal collection and even going through my wardrobe.

 

„Are you done examine my room? I don’t think it’s interesting.”

 

„Oh, it is. Your room tells me a lot about you.” She gave a little smirk.

 

„For instance?”

 

„For instance, that you like composing a lot.” Miyeon said while passing my desk with a lot of note sheets and lyrics.

 

“I bet you can sing beautifully! We should sing together.”

 

„I would love that.”

 

She came up to me and sat on my bed right next to me. She started to sing the first tune and my ears were blessed. Soon I joined in and we harmonized so well. It really felt like we have been singing together since forever.

„Your voice is... just wow. You really sound like you just fell from heaven and I don't even mean it as a pickup line." Miyeon chuckled I think I blushed a bit at her compliment.

 

„That's what I thought about your voice too." I replied.

 

„Thanks for those walks and bus rides lately. They have been the highlight of my day.” She shyly continued while looking at her feet.

 

I was taken aback at her sudden words but then answered

„The pleasure is on my side. They really have been my highlight too.” I honestly replied giving her my eye smile.

 

Just like that our eyes met, and it was like the time has stopped. Once again, I got lost in her beautiful brown orbs. I felt myself leaning in and so did she. Our faces were so close that I could feel her breath hitting my skin. My heart was racing like crazy. For a second I thought that she might hear it.

Then I closed the gap between us and kissed her. I could feel thousand fireworks in my body. She cupped my face and kissed me back. My heart lost it at that point. Our lips are moving perfectly in sync. It wasn’t a lustful kiss it rather was filled with so much emotion. I literally could feel the love growing between us. I grabbed her by her waist wanting to pull her closer to deepen the ki-

 

*RING RING RING*

 

We both jumped from the sudden ringtone coming out of the bag from Miyeon. She then stood up to get her phone.

 

„Oh no this is bad… this is really bad.” Miyeon said in terror while looking at her screen.

 

„Wh- who is it?” I gave her a worried look.

 

She then picked it up and instantly a real loud scream can be heard even though it isn’t on speaker. The voice belonged to a man who seemed really angry. I couldn’t catch a word, but it seemed serious.

I was startled and didn’t know what to do or say.

 

„I-I’m…. *muffling sounds* I’m sorry. *muffling sounds* I’ll be right there.”

 

„I have to go now.” Miyeon said as she ended the call.

 

„What’s wrong? Who was that?”

 

„My father…”

 

„Your father??? Why was he screaming at you?”

 

„He just… has a really loud voice. Don’t worry too much.” she smiled at me. It was the same smile she gave me in the bus back then. The smile I don’t believe in.

 

„I can walk you home.” I offered once again.

 

„I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

 

„Why not? You always walked me home so let me- “

 

„I said no!” Miyeon raised her voice at me. I was shocked I have never seen her like this before.

 

Surprised at her own voice she gave me an apologetic gaze.

 

„I’m sorry Minnie-ah… but I want to walk alone.” She gave me one last small peck on my cheek and then she grabbed her stuff and ran out of the room leaving me behind.

 

I didn’t even had the chance to ask her if she wants to go to the Midnight Summer Prom with me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: sry for late update, a lot of things came up.

I FINALLY PURCHASED A TICKET FOR THE CONCERT THO!!! Excited!!!