Chapter 2 - Detention

Always By Your Side

During detention

 

Soyeon POV

 

"Rules are clear. No phones. No talking. Feel free to solve the math problem on the board or do your homework. You can leave at exactly 3 pm and no second earlier." Mr. Park explained as he sat down on his desk and starts to correct exam papers.

Next to Yuqi and I who are here for the first time are Lucas, Kun and Hendery. They are juniors at our school famous for causing trouble everywhere they go. From harmless pranks on teachers to violent fights in the school yard. I guess they could write everything in their curriculum vitae.

They are sitting in the last row and I can feel them staring at us. It's annoying. I hate it. Not necessarily because I feel uncomfortable but because I know that that Lucas guy likes my Yuqi. I turned around to see if I am right and yep there he was staring at her continuosly while the other dudes are throwing paper balls at him. I turned back around but not before giving him a death glare. He noticed it and just gave me a disgusting smirk. Oh lord I want to punch him in his face so bad. I even started to clench my fists.

 

"Psst!" Yuqi suddenly whispered. As I looked at her, she gave me a worried look and pointed to my hands. They were instantly losing up and I calmed myself. Seeing that I'm ok again Yuqi turned back to the paper in front of her.

 

She is truly an angel send from heaven. Everytime she looks at me I feel so calm and happy. That kind of happiness nobody else can create. Of course I would never tell her that. It is my duty to make fun of her! I knew that I liked her since we became roommates, but I just don't have the guts to tell her.

That's what I envy about our brave maknae Shuhua. Even though their story is quite chaotic I still admire how she was able to convince Soojin in dating her. Also, I don't even know if she likes me back. What if she rejects me? It would get weird since we are always together. I just don't want to risk it.

 

As I was scanning her face, despite her beautiful features I saw that she looked somehow stressed. Was it because she was actually trying to solve that math problem on that board? She is a good student that's for sure but there is no reason to deal with more math when you don't have to.

I ripped a piece of paper out of my notebook, wrote something on it and then passed it over to her. She took it. After reading it she grabbed her pencil for an answer. It didn't take her long until she gave it back.

 

What are you doing? I doubt that it is the math problem, is it?

It's nothing. Dont mind.

 

Reading that I was unsatisfied because it was clear that it wasn't just nothing. She seems to be really frustrated. Otherwise she would have used an emoji or anything like that.

 

Is it something for me? :DD

 

I'm not telling you.

 

Why? :c

 

She just read it and gave me a look that I couldn't interpret and then put the piece od paper aside. It looked somehow sweet but not confident at the same time. I hope she is going to tell me soon.

Suddenly another piece of paper landed on her desk. Of course, it had to be from Lucas. I was already annoyed enough because this detention prevents me from catching up on the newest "One Piece" episode. But why does he had to be here too? At this rate my frustration is reaching a new level. 

Yuqi noticed the note and read it. She looked behind her to locate Lucas and as their eyes met, I saw them smiling at each other. Okay wtf is going on?!?! I swear, if anime was real you could see the steam coming out of my ears right now.

 

"Yah! What is this about?" I asked trying to sound as calm as possible, but it still came out too loud, earning a 

"SILENCE!" from Mr. Park.

After a few seconds when Mr. Park got back to work on his papers. Yuqi turned to me.

"It's nothing really." She said as she gave me a sweet smile.

Whenever she gives me that look, I can't help but forget the world around me. It's like there are just her and me in this world... and... LUCAS urgh. I really wanted to believe her that it is nothing but why would they smile at each other like that? I trust her but it's Lucas that I don't trust.

 

Time went by and we were finally set free from this dumb detention. Yuqi and I were about to stand up as Lucas and his dudes were passing us. He gave Yuqi a little note, smiled and then left with the others.

 

"What's on there, huh?" I asked, quite pissed off.

 

"Jeon Soyeon. Is it jealousy that I'm smelling?" Yuqi chuckled while giving me her teasing eye smile.

 

I was taken aback at her teasing, but I tried to cover it. This game is for two players.

 

"Of course, I'm jealous!" I said as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to me.

 

"I don't want my Yuqi to be stolen from some average good-looking dude." She seemed a bit surprised at my sudden confession. That's when I grabbed the piece of paper out of her hand.

 

"HIS PHONE NUMBER?! Oh, please tell me you are not actually going to use this." Okay now I lost my composure completely. I tried to play it down just now and sell it as a joke, but now my genuine jealousy is showing.

 

"Give it back, please." Yuqi said as she took his number out of my hands again.

I can't believe it. She is actually going to use it. My heart aches so much right now. But who am I to tell her that she can't do it. I decided to keep my mouth shut for the rest of the day. So we kept walking in silence.

 

 

 

A/N: Little update on yuyeon :) Next chapter will contain mimin!