Chapter 10 - Midnight Summer Prom

Always By Your Side

No One POV

 

“C’mon Minnie unnie get dressed. Didn’t you buy this dress just for today?” Shuhua said trying to communicate with the girl who has been laying on her bed with her face down.

 

“Mwhaut’s tfhe pfoint anyways!” Minnie muffled into her pillow.

 

“Unnie, please. We will have a lot of fun! We can sing, dance and drink some cocktails. You always loved doing those things.” Shuhua said as she rubbed the back of the whining girl next to her.

 

It was hard. Nobody had heard a word from Miyeon for five days. During this time Shuhua stayed at the dorm with Minnie the whole time and tried to cheer her up but nothing seemed to help. Not even Soojin’s seaweed soup everyone loves.

 

“At least try to sit up.” Shuhua said as she forced Minnie to sit up straight.

 

“Oh, wow you really do look horrible.”

 

“Thanks a lot. That gives me strength.”

 

Big dark circles graced the Thai’s eyes, her nose was red, and her hair was just a mess.

 

“The girls are waiting. Go and dress yourself.” Shuhua pleaded one more time earning a mumble from the older who was now changing herself.

 

 

At the prom

 

 

The beach was crowded, and the sun was setting.

 

“Respect Shuhua. Minnie unnie actually looks presentable.” Yuqi said while she scanned the older up and down. The girls were standing on a pavilion. The music wasn’t too loud here.

 

“Yeah thank you, it surely wasn’t easy.” Shuhua answered.

 

“You guys do know that I am standing right next to you right?” Minnie rolled her eyes.

 

“Hey Minnie unnie! Let’s dance and have some fun, ok?” Soojin smiled at her as she linked arms with the older.

 

“Don’t forget about me!!” Shuhua yelled as she linked her arms on the other side.

 

“Let’s have a great night today!” Soyeon said as she chucked down her 3rd beer.

 

They all got together on the dance floor the music was great. They played Soyeon’s newest single. Minnie felt thankful to have friends who let her forget about the pain for a bit. It was quite hilarious to see how they all enjoyed themselves. Despite dancing to the music Yuqi tried to stop Soyeon from drinking her 4th beer. Shuhua was dancing like she knew no tomorrow and Soojin kept laughing at her but would eventually join her for some stupid moves.

 

But Minnie couldn’t help and still missed Miyeon a lot. It didn’t help when the DJ started to play a slow song. That’s when Yuyeon and Sooshu were lost in each other’s embraces. Minnie smiled not feeling angry at them for forgetting about her.

 

She walked to the bar in order to do something against her thirst. After she finished her 3rd drink she felt a tap on her shoulder. When she turned around, she saw Soojin smiling at her.

 

“Can I ask you for a dance?” the cheerleader asked earning a confused look from the other.

 

“What about Shu?”

 

“She suddenly got a bad headache and went home earlier. But that’s not the reason why I am asking you for a dance. Let’s enjoy the night. C’mon!”

 

Soojin pulled Minnie to the dance floor and so they dance with each other. Minnie was grateful but couldn’t hide the pain that was still inside her.

 

“Thanks for doing this Soojin-ie. But I really don’t feel like dancing. I just can’t enjoy the night. The girl I love bailed on me after we kissed and now, I’m all alone worrying about her because only God knows where she is right now.”

 

Minnie suddenly noticed Soojin being startled. Th younger wasn’t looking at her but at something behind her.

 

“I mean Shuhua always tells me that I am a goddess, but I guess you can call me god now.” Soojin smiled at Minnie before signaling her to turn around.

 

The Thai followed the sight of the younger. That’s when she saw Miyeon standing right behind her in a beautiful dress.

 

“I didn’t mean to intrude but can I have this dance?” the long-missed girl spoke out.

 

“Yeah of course. You guys have fun!” Soojin said and then left the scenery.

 

“Mi-Miyeon?... Where… Why… How?...” Minnie couldn’t finish a sentence. Her brain didn’t process it yet.

 

Miyeon just smiled at her “Before you ask anything, please give me this dance.”

 

Minnie just nodded. Miyeon then put her hands around Minnie’s shoulders. Only leaving a small gap between them.

 

“I missed you so much.” Miyeon said.

 

“Same…” Minnie wrapped her arms around her waist. They were now hugging each other. She had so many questions but right now she just enjoyed being in her embrace and to smell her sweet scent. After something that felt like 5 minutes the Thai pulled away.

 

“But tell me, what happened to you after that night? Where have you been? Why are you here now? Are you ok?” she bombarded the other girl. Minnie didn’t know if she should feel mad, sad, confused or happy. So, she just decided to feel it all.

 

“I was so worried about you. Do you know that?”

 

“I am so sorry Minnie. I wanted to come back at you, but my father destroyed my cellphone. “I wasn’t even able to go outside. I am so sorry for making you worry like this.”

 

“I was so miserable. Not gonna lie. But You are here now with me and you won’t leave me again.”

 

Miyeon gave the girl in her arms a bittersweet smile.

 

“I wish I could say it. But I sneaked out of the house just to see you at least one more time.” The older began to tear up as she continued “My dad wants to move again.”

 

“Wait what?” Minnie couldn’t believe it. “But you just came back to me… what no! I can’t have this. Not again. I am not willing to let you go!” Minnie started to sob as well.

 

“Minnie… I am so sorry. I really do love you from the bottom of my heart! I wish I could stay with you, grow old with you and make you happy. But right now, there is nothing I can do…” Miyeon’s tears were flowing uncontrollably.

 

“No… baby please don’t do this to me. Don’t leave me again… What about your aunt? Chorong!”

 

Miyeon shook her head. “It seems like there is not enough proof to win against my father. I promise we will meet again! There will be better circumstances for us someday.” Miyeon flashed her a sad smile.

 

“No.” Minnie shook her head in disbelief. “It shouldn’t be like that. Your father is the devil! Even if we’ll get separated…I cannot have you living with him!”

 

“Stop it Minnie. There is nothing we can do! Now please… I must go soon otherwise he’ll notice that I have been gone. Let’s just enjoy the rest of the song ok?”

 

Minnie didn’t want to. She wanted to help but Miyeon wouldn’t let her. It destroyed her that she was supposed to just watch the love of her life go.

 

The two spent the rest of the song in each other’s embrace, quietly sobbing but still somehow enjoying their presence. The last tune flew by. Minnie wished she could stop time as she didn’t want this last note to fade away.

 

She looked the light-haired girl in the eyes.

 

“Cho Miyeon, I love you more than anything in this world and even if I am not with you I will always be by your side. Please be safe.” She gave her a kiss on her forehead.

 

“You are by far the greatest thing that ever happened in my life…” The shorter girl was crying uncontrollably. “I love you too Minnie Nicha Yontararak. I promise that we will find a way.”

 

Miyeon then captured Minnie’s lips once again. They shared one last passionate kiss before they pulled away. They stared in each other’s eyes as the older slowly separated their hands.

 

She flashed her one last smile before she waved her goodbye and disappeared in the crowd. Minnie wanted to run after her. But her legs refused to move. She was ready to risk it all for her, but she just wouldn’t let her.

 

 

---

 

 

“Minnie? Where is Miyeon?” Soojin asked as she found her friend drinking at the bar.

 

“She just left me… again. I got a goodbye this time but my heart bleeds just as much.”

 

Minnie gave Soojin a bittersweet smile.

 

“Minnie go and get your girl!”

 

“I want to but how am I supposed to do it?”

 

“Remember calling me god?” Soojin said which made Minnie look up to her.

 

“Shuhua just called. She went home to get some rest, but she found Miyeon’s identity card under your bed. She must have lost it there”

 

"SHE WHAT? Oh my god that means..."

 

“Exactly. You got her address now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I wish everyone who is going to watch the concert a lot fun! Enjoy every sec of it!