Chapter 3 - The bus ride

Always By Your Side

Minnie POV

 

'Ah the sweet smell of freedom.' I exited the school front door. This is normally the time when I'd walk home with Soyeon and Yuqi but they decided to spend their precious time in detention. It's funny imagining them in a room with all the bad asses in this school. But I'm sure that they are going to survive it. It's their own fault anyways.

All of us except Soojin are living at the dormitory. That's why Shuhua never walks with us. She'd rather walk her girlfriend home because she didn't want anyone to hit on her. Soojin lives with her parents not far from the school that's why she doesn't need to live with us. Yuqi and Soyeon share a room and Shuhua is my roommate but she spends most of her time with her Jin-ah so it leaves me alone. I don't mind it though. It gives me a lot of time to work on some indiviual projects.

But I am wondering where Miyeon lives. Maybe she is staying at the dormitory too.

My line of thought got interrupted when I reached the bus station. I didn't believe my eyes but there she was. Sitting and waiting for the bus. I'm so nervous but at the same time I'm excited to get to talk with her alone.

 

No one POV

 

"Hey Miyeon!" Minnie greeted her, still a few meters away.

 

"Oh, hey Minnie-shi." Miyeon waved back at her returning the smile. She stood up in order to walk up to the girl who called her name.

 

Minnie was so concentrated on what she was going to say next that she didn't notice the rock infront of her. She tripped over it releasing a scream thinking that her face is going to hit the ground.

 

Fortunately, quick hands held her before she touched the ground.

 

"Wow slow down haha. Are you ok?" Miyeon chuckled as her arms wrapped around the Thai's waist in order to prevent her from falling. Minnie's heart dropped and was about to explode. Her face blushed so much that it was hard not to recognize it.

 

"I'-m... Y-yeah I'm ok. Thank you very much. That could've ended ugly." Minnie stuttered. She then set herself up. Standing on her own feet again.

 

"Actually, it looked somehow elegant. I give you a 9.2 you were a little shaky in the landing." Miyeon joked earning a laugh from Minnie.

 

"Oh, okay then let me show you how it's done." Minnie then stretched her hands in the air pretending that she just landed a back tuck perfectly.

 

"10 out of 10!" Miyeon said while clapping her hands.

 

"So, what's my prize?" Minnie grinned.

 

"Oh, I didn't think that far. Uhm... I could offer you one of the most desirable things on this planet because only a few are able to get this experience!"

 

"Now I'm listening."

 

"I offer you to sit right next to me in that bus over there." Miyeon pointed to their bus which was already parking and waiting for the passsengers to get on. The doors were about to close.

 

"Omg no! We have to hurry!!!" Minnie panicked. The older really had to chuckle at the cute behavior her new acquaintance was showing. The younger girl began to run towards the bus, but not before grabbing Miyeon's hand guiding her. Miyeon winced in pain at the sudden pull.

 

"Oh no, I'm sorry did I pull to hard?" Minnie was shocked. She didn't expect that kind of reaction she swore that she didn't use a lot of strength and made a mental note to never try holding the hand of someone she likes ever again. She doesn't even know if she likes Miyeon in that way. They barely know each other but somehow, she already feels so comfortable around her. It feels like they have known each other for years.

 

"It's not that... Let's just get in the bus first."

 

With that both hustled to the bus. Luckily, they got a nice bus driver who waited for them to finally enter the vehicle.

 

"I really enjoy my prize!" Minnie said showing her sitting neighbor an eye smile.

 

"So do I." Miyeon slightly blushed.

 

"Hey uhm... but are you ok? You didn't look alright when I tried taking your hand." the girl with bangs looked at her feet.

 

"Oh that. Please don't worry about it. It's nothing really." the Korean smiled.

 

Even though they haven't known each other for too long the younger girl sensed that her smile wasn't genuine, but she didn't want to come off nosy, so she changed the topic.

 

"I'm glad we get along so well Miyeon-ah. When I first saw you, I thought you were really shy."

 

"Actually, I am really shy." the older responded before continuing "I don't know what it is but something about you makes it easy for me to talk to you... I like you, I guess." she tried looking up to her seatmate, but that person was avoiding eye contact and her face turned redder than tomatoes could ever wish for. Miyeon couldn't help but smile at that sight.

 

Suddenly the bus started to shake as they passed potholes. Due to the impact the light-haired girl groaned in pain again as she held her stomach. Minnie now back on  earth immediately turned to her new friend.

 

"Omo, are you alright? Miyeon-ah?" the Thai was worried about her wellbeing.

 

"Y-yeah. As I said, it's nothing. Don't worry." the girl tried to fake a smile.

 

"But this doesn't look like nothing to me. Can you please tell me what'up?" 

 

"I'm fine, I swear."

 

Minnie didn't believe a single word and gave the Korean a concerned look. Her eyes said more than words could ever express.

 

"Don't look at me like that. I'll make it up to you, ok? But I have to go now." Miyeon explained as the bus stopped.

 

"Huh? Aren't you heading to the dormitories?" the taller one asked confused.

 

"No, I live nearby. I see you tomorrow Minnie-shi."

 

"Can you at least drop the honorfics please?! I thought we are close now?" Minnie shouted after her, but she only earned a chuckle and a quick hand sign as the beautiful girl left the bus.

 

 

 

A/N: Quick update already cuz i dunno when I'll update next time. (Won't take too long tho!)