Chapter 6 - The Sooshu Story Pt. 2

Always By Your Side

“Mind explaining once again where exactly we are going now?” Yuqi asked as she sat down on Minnie’s bed while watching Shuhua running up and down their room.

 

“Shuhua is going to play cupid for Hui and the girl she loves.” Minnie said as she ate the popcorn, she made minutes earlier.

 

“This is so tragic. Why are you helping your enemy anyways?” Soyeon asked looking like she is the only one who cares about Shuhua’s wellbeing.

 

“Everybody shut up. I am trying to think.” Shuhua still didn’t figure out how she is going to help Hui.

 

“And I’m doing this for Soojin unnie. She deserves someone who understands her. Or at least someone who tries to…”

 

“Any ideas how I can speak for Hui without her noticing?” Shuhua sounded desperate.

 

“Shuhua stop overthinking. You literally gave him Soojin- lessons. I think he know what to do by now.” Minnie said.

 

“Yeah maybe let’s just see where this goes first.” Soyeon suggested.

 

“… There is no other option is there?” Shuhua sign. “Let’s get going then. Their date starts at 8.”

 

“WHOOOP FREE FOOD.”

 

“I’m only treating you guys this once. It would be weird if I sat there alone watching them. And he paid me good.”

 

“My stomach wants kimchi fried rice! AND a chocolate bubble tea!” Yuqi spoke out.

 

----

 

“Look, they entered!” Minnie gasped. Shuhua eyes followed them continuously.

 

“Bro, if you keep starring like that Soojin will see you.” Yuqi didn’t shout for once.

 

“Be quiet! I need to hear them.”

 

“Wow I never saw Shuhua this focused before.” Soyeon was surprised to see their maknae working hard.

 

“Same.” Minqi said in sync.

 

“Awkward silence and people chewing. What a great atmosphere!” Yuqi said. Shuhua really wanted to stop looking at the hopeless dude.

He gave her a glaze begging for help. Shuhua pointed at the menu. ‘You are at a restaurant. How hard can it be?’

 

“Doesn’t this card look funny?” Hui tried to break the ice. Earning a silent face palm from the four girls sitting at the table behind them.

 

“I think I am going to give up.” Shuhua rested her head on the table in front of her.

 

“And I thought Yuqi was a useless flirt.” Minnie said.

 

“Yah! What do you mean?!” Yuqi argued back.

 

“Well… it looks like a normal menu to me.” Soojin replied slightly confused.

 

“Y-yeah… exactly. That’s why I think it’s funny.” Hui continued.

 

“Excuse me for a second. I need to visit the restroom.” Soojin stood up and lead her way to the toilet.

 

“Guys, HIDE!” Soyeon demanded seeing Soojin walking up to them. Minnie hid her face under her hands. Soyeon covered her face with the menu while Yuqi and Shuhua both wanted to crawl under the table causing them to bump their heads together.

They winced in pain silently hoping Soojin didn’t witness the incident.

 

“She passed us.” Soyeon observed the cheerleader.

 

“Shuhua I swear to god.” Yuqi said rubbing her head.

 

“Not now.” Shuhua was acting like a whole other person as she completely ignored Yuqi and walked up to Hui.

 

“Give me your phone.” Shuahua said to Hui. Now you are going to pretend to chat with her while using my phone, but instead I am going to text her. Got it?”

 

“Y-yeah.” Hui answered clearly overwhelmed with the situation.

 

“Good.” With that Shuhua hurried back to her seat and waited for Soojin to come back.

As soon as the girl sat back down again Shuhua unlocked the phone and started to type

 

I’m sorry that this is so awkward… I’m a bit overwhelmed by your beauty.

 

“Did you just text me?” Soojin was now even more confused than before.

 

“Oh yes yeah I did…” Hui then quickly picked up Shuhua’s phone pretending to write her.

 

So, what does my lady want to eat today?

 

Soojin had to smile at that message and decided to play along.

 

I thought about the cream pasta. What do you think?

 

I think that this beautiful dish really suits you.

 

Soojin relased a dry laugh. Their conversation paused when suddenly a bunch of mean girls entered the bistro. Noisy mumbling started to fill the room.

 

“Is that Seo Soojin?” dumb girl 1

 

“Omg god this is her!” dumb girl 2

 

“Oh, look she even got her next lover boy to pay for her meal.” Dumb girl 3

 

“Omg how disgusting are those girls!” Minnie was shocked at how they dared to talk to someone they don’t even know.

 

“They make me so mad. I wanna punch them!” Yuqi hissed.

But none of them felt as angry as Shuhua.

 

Are you okay?

 

Soojin was perplex when she saw the message light up on her screen when Hui wasn’t holding his phone. He was just starring at those mean girls. Soojin wanted to reply but then the girls kept talking

 

“I bet she already slept with him. Like she always does with boys to hold her reputation.” Dumb girl 1 said.

 

“Nah why would she be here with him if they did it, she would have the next one already.” They laughed disgustingly. Dumb girl 2 joined the conversation.

 

“I don’t get it though. She is so ugly.” Dumb girl 3 spoke out.

 

“YAH! Please leave this place and be disgusting somewhere else.” Shuhua stood up sending a death glare to the group of dumb girls. All the attention was on her now.

 

“And who are you?” dumb girl 1 provoke the maknae.

 

“I guess that girl won’t survive the night.” Minnie said as she took a slurp from her beverage. She couldn’t wait for her roommate to explode and tell those es off.

 

“I’m the one who will make you regret everything you just said right now. What on earth gives you the right to talk to someone you don’t even know like that? Maybe you guys should go home and think about why your lives are so miserable that you feel the need to take others down. But let me tell you one thing. Even if you guys keep saying that bull, it’s not going to change how pathetic your lives are."

"You don’t know anything about her. She is so much more than just a beauty. She is kind and smart and talented as . THAT’S WHY SHE IS POPULAR AND YOU GUYS ARE NOT, and you probably never will be. Now get the out of here before I get real mad.”

Shuhua’s face was so scary that even Yuqi didn’t want to step in. The mean girls left the scenery immediately after Shuhua’s rampage.

 

I’m okay now.

 

Shuhua was still holding Hui’s phone in her hand when Soojin’s message light up. That’s when the cheerleader connected all the dots.

Shuhua just realized that the older girl was looking at her with an expressionless face. She then noticed the message on her phone. ‘Oh no… did she figure it out?’

Before Shuhua could say anything Soojin stood up.

 

“Wow I’m really dumb founded.”

 

“So-Soojin let me explain-“

 

“So, it was you all along?”

Shuhua was lost for words and so was Hui.

 

“Wow… unbelievable. I have to get out of here.” Soojin then stormed out of the bistro.

 

Shuhua ran after her.

 

“Wait! Please let me explain.”

Soojin then stopped in her tracks as she turned around to face the younger one.

 

“What do you want Shuhua? Are there more lies you want to tell me? I can’t believe I actually thought someone cared about me.” Soojin looked down and was about to leave again.

 

“But I do care... Listen, I know it was dumb to pretend to be someone else and I didn’t want to do it at first. But I wanted to get to know you. And when we were exchanging those letters… I felt like we understood each other so well.”

 

“I care a lot about you Soojin. I want to be there for you and protect you. Please don’t hate me.” Shuhua’s voice started cracking. She was afraid that Soojin is going to leave her and never talk to her again.

Soojins eyes soften a bit hearing Shuhua’s voice.

 

“I guess, deep down, I knew that it wasn’t Hui I was talking to. His behavior and the letters were just too different. I just didn’t expect all of this…” Soojin said truthfully.

 

Shuhua was looking at her feet.

 

“I hate being lied to.” The older continued.

 

“Then let me promise you one thing. From now on I will never lie to you again. I will be the one who will always be there for you. I will comfort you everytime you are upset I will protect you from meanies and I will walk you home so nobody unwanted will come near you.”

 

“I would do it all for you. Would you let me?”

 

Soojin came up to Shuhua and looked her deep into her eyes. Shuhua gulped as she was quite intimidated by her.

Suddenly her stomach started growling which made Soojin break out in laughter.

Shuhua blushed at the emberassement.

 

“That’s not fair. Hui was so dumb that it totally distracted me from ordering food.” Shuhua pouted.

 

“Hey Shu, I have an idea.” Soojin said as she flashed the younger a sweet smile.

 

“Let’s blow this place. I’m going to cook you something at my place!”

 

“Oh, hell yes!” Shuhua didn’t waste a second thinking about it. Together they left the place and went home to Soojin.

 

----

“Hm… What do you think, is Shu ever coming back? I didn’t bring any money since it was her treat.” Yuqi said as the three stared at the empty plates infront of them.

 

“Same…” Soyeon added.

 

“Oh my god…. I think we are in trouble.” Minnie said as she watched Sooshu leaving from her window.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I hope you are ready for Mimin :)