Part 5 of 12

Never an Option
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His engagement had taken a great toll on Kyuhyun.

The older Super Junior members started to notice the changes in Kyuhyun.

As days and eventually weeks after the engagement passed, his hyungs noticed that Kyuhyun was not himself. Not even just Yesung and Ryeowook, who had witnessed his breakdown—his momentary slip in control, but even the rest of s. Though Kyuhyun often considered them as idiotic, oblivious hyungs, even they couldn’t be blind to such noticeable—and increasingly disturbing changes—in their precious maknae.

He was mostly oblivious to Kyuhyun’s oddness, but that was because he and Kyuhyun were in separate groups. Despite being in the same company and being best friends, they weren’t always together (Kyuhyun could only hope that they were always together, especially in the sense of “together” that Kyuhyun wanted).

On the other hand, Kyuhyun’s hyungs were around him practically every day. They were in the same group, had similar schedules, attended the same activities and appearances, and even lived in the same dormitory. There was no way that they could miss the changes in Kyuhyun.

How could the Super Junior hyungs not notice Kyuhyun’s lack of appetite recently?

How could they not notice that Kyuhyun, despite already being known for his great love for wine, was acting even more of an alcoholic than usual?

How could they not notice the huge eye bags that indicated that he wasn’t getting any sleep?

How could they not notice how, when not in front of a camera or an audience, Kyuhyun’s movements were so robotic, as if he was only going through the motions of daily life but not actually living?

How could they not notice how their normally sharp and observant maknae was spending more and more time just staring blankly into space? 

How could they not notice that, try though he may to hide it, Kyuhyun had a pained expression on his face when his carefully constructed and maintain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter