Part 4 of 12

Never an Option
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Kyuhyun’s mistake to answer the call while he was in a vocal practice session with Yesung and Ryeowook. KRY was practicing songs for an album that they were going to release. They were currently on a short break when Kyuhyun’s phone rang.

He stupidly answered the call that would announce and lead to his own destruction.

To be fair to Kyuhyun, though, he didn’t know when exactly he would be proposing to her. Even he hadn’t been sure of it. He and Kyuhyun had planned the “where” and “how,” but the “when” hadn’t been panned out definitely yet. He had a target week in mind, but the exact date and time had still been up in the air when he and Kyuhyun had last talked about the proposal. After all, with the busy schedules of idols, plus the unavoidable delays as well as rushes, it was difficult for even their own personal schedules and plans to be set in stone. 

So, Kyuhyun hadn’t been expecting to be destroyed when he answered the call.

He had taken a look at the caller ID, and a goofy smile appeared on his face when he saw his name flashing across his phone’s screen. It was only his two hyungs and a few staff members who were currently in the recording studio with him, and they were all currently preoccupied with something else to pay attention to Kyuhyun at the moment. Besides, there was nothing unusual about Kyuhyun talking to him. 

However, there was nothing at all usual about the phone call.

He called Kyuhyun to inform him that he had proposed to her. And she said yes. 

He was getting married.

He was going to marry another person. Another person who was not Kyuhyun.

That announcement shredded Kyuhyun’s very soul.

Worse was his happiness and excitement about his engagement. He was quite happy that he was going to marry her. That he would get to spend the rest of his life with her.

Drawing from his years of acting experience, Kyuhyun pretended that he was also quite happy and excited as he offered his congratulations to him. Kyuhyun supposed that it was better that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter