Chapter 5

falling in and out
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's been a week since the party and Wendy still can't get things out of her head. The morning after, she woke up with a hangover and her head felt like breaking and more so, when she remembered what she had talked to Joohyun about.

 

When have I gotten that bold around her?

 

She liked what she had done and said though, she figured the alcohol helped. Maybe she should really stop feeling inferior around Joohyun and start acting like her self. 

 

They've started having small banters here and there these past few days, mostly when the older woman is with Bogum and they're in an activity that the club set up. She doesn't know what caused this but she'd bet it was because of that night at the party, and maybe during their car ride that she seemed to have forgotten about when she woke up. She's been bugging Seulgi to tell her what happened then but the bear refused to share, saying that she'd know about it when the right time comes. Or when she feels like sharing it.

 

She knows the bear is just playing with her and just wants her to be curious and to feel uneasy for a whole week. In which she's doing an excellent job, by the way. 

 

Speaking of uneasy, Joohyun has been everywhere these days and Wendy she's not pleased by it. English class, club activities, and... 

 

Her mind. In her mind most of the time.

 

Life is indeed ty sometimes.

 

Sure, she's gotten much closer to Joohyun now, and by closer she means that she can hold a proper conversation without thinking of what to say next or panicking, but she's also gotten farther from Joohyun.

 

That's what entails an abrupt halt in courting, Son Seungwan.

 

She wanted to get closer, wanted the girl to know her and she got that, only this time because she was connected to her by some guy. Not because the older girl wanted to. 

 

Wendy paused her exercise and sighed, stepping off of the treadmill she was using. She's been running for the past 15 minutes physically... and mentally.

 

But she can't stop herself from thinking of a certain raven haired girl once in a while. 

 

It's okay. This is just a phase. You'll accept things someday and you're probably starting to accept it now. At least you only see Joohyun in English class and the club.

 

The club's basically the only thing you have in common with Bogum...

And when you have to sing for the school theatre...

And this gym...

...but you don't have projects in theatre now and she doesn't go to this gym. She doesn't go to any gym in general. You'll be fine. You’ll only have to deal with her in your club. You’ll be okay. 

 

She patted herself mentally, quite proud that she's taking things well on the outside. 

 

She was done drinking her water and is now swiping the sweat off her forehead, some trailing her neck, when she heard someone call for her. 

 

"Oh, hey, Wen." It was Bogum, approaching Wendy to ask, "Done working out?" 

 

"Yeah. How about you?" This is rare. They don't often see each other here because they have different preferences of the time of day to exercise. 

 

"We just arrived here," Bogum declared, smiling now, a touch of pride in his voice. 

 

We? The singer looked puzzled, searching the gym for someone, who could possibly be the girl she was just thinking about. 

 

"It's special today because I just convinced Joohyun to come with me." Of course. Wendy wanted to roll her eyes but chose not to. And just as Bogum said, Joohyun arrived, still as good-looking as she always is, wearing a white tank top and yoga pants. 

 

The brown haired girl glanced at Joohyun for a while, then she faced Bogum and silently inhaled air that was knocked out of her lungs. Composing herself, she spoke, "Oh, really? That's great, didn't know she'd have it in her, she despises going out. Especially on the weekends."

 

Wendy took her chance and looked at Joohyun, waiting to get a reaction. Slowly, one corner of the said woman's mouth was tugged upward, her eyes showing a tinge of mirth and surprise. 

 

Wendy was smiling too. "What? Please don't undermine my Bae Irene Archive of Knowledge," she cackled. Seeing this, Joohyun raised her brow. 

 

Wendy was amused, she surely can handle herself now. She's feeling more like herself, though the situation still hurts like a bullet through her heart. He's convinced her again and this time to actually get out of her apartment! Even the duo can't do that sometimes. Great. 

 

"I think I have to go ahead, I have plans with a friend today," the brown haired girl said after getting out of her thoughts. 

 

"Oh, okay, take care. We'll talk about the activity report soon, I still haven't gotten the list of all the people who participated," the guy said with a friendly smile. 

 

Fixing the things she brought with her, she realized she haven't updated Bogum about the report. "Ah, no need. I'm sorry I didn't tell you immediately but I finished the report. I didn't have anything to do last night." 

 

"But don't we have an essay to write?" Joohyun said, entering their conversation. 

 

"Yeah, I worked on that already too." 

 

Wendy was seriou

Please log in to read the full chapter