Three

Who Are You? (BTS Min Yoongi & Jung Hoseok)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Just a little warning that there are some very tiny, tiny triggering mention in this chapter.*

Jung Hoseok

It's amazing. The way Areum talks and how her eyes would look at me reminded me so much of Yoona. It freaky how much they look alike. But I know she is not my little Yoona. I saw her lifeless body with my own eyes.

My family has been cursed with bad luck. Especially for my lovely Grandma who has lost so many loved ones in her life.

My Grandma had gotten married to my Grandpa and they had 3 sons and a daughter. Their eldest son, my uncle that I have never met, had lost his life when he was drafted into the war. Soon after my uncle's death, my Grandpa had also passed away due to cancer. I have never met my Grandpa either but my father told me my Grandma's heart started weakening after the loss of my Grandpa.

My Aunt married a year after and moved away to live with her husband. But he was abusive and hurt her constantly. My Aunt refused to tell anyone because she was worried about my Grandma's heath. She lost her life due to her abusive husband. She found him cheating on her one night and got angry with him and fought back for the first time in her life. She wanted a divorce and to come back home to stay with Grandma, but he hit her to the point where she didn't respond anymore. And then he and his mistress ran away and my father found my Aunt's body the next day.

My Grandma's heart had worsened upon the news of her only daughter. She was so angry and vowed to find that bastard who took her daughter's life. My father and Grandma made sure to look all over Korea for that murderer. After 2 years, they finally found him living in the countryside with his new family and a new identity. They put him in jail and he was sentenced to life in prison.

My father was the third child and second son of the family. When he married my mom and they had me and Yoona, we were the joy in my Grandma's life, especially Yoona. She loved us both and spoiled us, but her love for Yoona was different. Yoona and Grandma had a special bond. Grandma had a name just for Yoona. She was Grandma's little Nana. When Yoona was still in love with music, she would come home and play the guitar and sing to Grandma. They would have a little dance party and gossip all day about boys that Yoona thought were cute.

When we all thought life was going well, our youngest Uncle and his little family got involved in a terrible car accident. He had just recently gotten married to his wife and they were heading back home from dinner when a drunk driver hit their car. They both lost their lives, along with the unborn child in my Aunt's womb.

My Grandma fainted when she heard the news of my uncle. She was hospitalized due to the shock of losing her youngest son and his little family. Her heart was weakening and we were told that she needed a heart transplant as it's become hard for her heart to beat on its own. But my grandma refuses to get a transplant. She said she was getting old and there are other young people in the world who need a heart more than she does. It angered my father that she has given up on her life already.

So when we found out about Yoona's death, my father had told me to write letters to my Grandma in Yoona's place. He couldn't lose his mother after just losing his daughter. We both knew that Yoona's death would be the final blow for my Grandma's weak heart. So even though it hurts a lot, I wrote letters to my Grandma pretending that my sister was still alive and well in America.

We came ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter