Two

Who Are You? (BTS Min Yoongi & Jung Hoseok)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Areum

I was left shocked at what the man in front of me had just said. I didn't know how to react or what to say.

My mind was instantly brought back to last month when I tried to take my own life. I had just finished work and I was walking home when those two men whom I have seen too often in my life showed up and blocked my way.

Loan sharks. I hated them. They harassed me countless of times and you want to know what's the funniest thing? It wasn't even my debt. My parents had taken a private loan of $100,000 to pay for our house, cars, and my college fees.

I didn't even know they had taken a private loan. I found out at my parent's funeral when they both died in a car accident five years ago. Not only did they leave me an orphan, but I was also left to pay off their debt plus all the ridiculous interest that kept piling up. And it just kept growing and growing to the point where now I was $250,000 in debt to them. I was told that since the money was used for my college expenses, I had to pay it back.

Those two loan sharks have been after me ever since. They even took away our house and cars but didn't deduct anything out from the debt claiming it was just part of interest. None of my relatives wanted me, because I became a burden on them with the amount of debt that I carried with me.

What was a 19-year-old girl supposed to do to get money and a place to stay back then? All I had at the time was a part-time job to support me while going to college, but that wasn't enough for housing, college, and paying back the debt.

I ended up quitting school and started working at any clubs that would hire me. I've danced, striped, and put on a show for all those thirsty men, but it still wasn't enough money. No matter how much money I made, the debt never seemed to decrease. I eventually ended up sleeping with customers to make more money. They'd bring me home for a night or two and that was my housing until I had saved enough money to rent a little home in the slums of Seoul.

After my encounter with those loan sharks that night, I had a weak moment. After their usual harassment, I ended up at a little blue food tent that was still open. I had a little too much to drink that night and my mind had wandered off.

I was angry with my parents. They left me alone in this world without a plan. They left me to deal with the mess that they made. I knew we weren't well off, but I would have never allowed them to get a private loan if I had known. I would have worked two jobs, heck three jobs if I had too.

I remember crying my eyes out that night. I remember thinking to myself that I wanted my parents to shine some sort of light on my life. And if they couldn't even do that, then the least they could do was take me with them.

I was walking home drunk when I had reached the crosswalk. There were cars that were speeding past and I just wanted to end everything. I wanted to leave and be together with my parents. Maybe if we meet again, I could cry and yell at them for leaving me alone.

I remember stumbling onto the busy street and turning to see two bright lights speeding towards me. I closed my eyes as I wait for the impact but instead, I was gripped and pulled to safety by a young man.

I was angry that my parents didn't even allow me to die. I laughed and cursed at the sky hoping they could hear me.

But it must have been my parent's way of shining light on me because that was how I met Namjoon. He was my savior that night. He helped me to my shabby little home in the slums. And as it turns out, he owns a hostess club and offered me a job on the spot.

I was skeptical at first, but I was desperate for money so I took his business card and went inside my home. I called Namjoon the next day and he told me to go visit his club first before I give him an answer to his offer. I didn't think his offer would still be valid, but he insisted that I go see him. So I took a wild chance and went to his club. It was different from any of the other clubs I've worked for. This one was more high end. His customers seemed of royalties and my mouth opened wide in shock. Why would Namjoon offer me a job at such a nice hostess club?

His answer to me was simple. I was a beautiful girl and he only allows beautiful girls to work in his club. Plus he was short-staffed for the meantime. If told me that if he sees potential in me, then he was going to hire me on full time.

So I took on his offer. 

And it must have really been my breakthrough because I became the hottest girl overnight. Everyone wanted me, but Namjoon refused to let me do anything more than dance and a little striptease. I wasn't allowed to show a lot of skin nor was I allowed to drink with any customers because Namjoon didn't want me drunk on the job. He was more strict on me than with any of his other girls, he still took care of his girls better than any other places that I've worked at.

In the month that I worked for Namjoon, he had cared for me in more ways than my old boss ever did. At the old club, as long as the customers paid my boss, he allowed his customers to do whatever they pleased with his girls.

And tonight was the night that Namjoon had told me that I was hired. He also told me that he has a special client for me and I have to fulfill whatever it was that his client requested. I was supposed to meet him today, but the client canceled our meeting. So I was allowed to come home early tonight.

"I'm sorry for your loss..." I spoke out softly towards the cute stranger in front of me.

He smiles sadly at me before asking me to dinner again to apologize for following me. He wanted to clarify that he really wasn't a stalker. His sad eyes were begging me to say yes and I pitied him so I agreed to dinner later at Kim's Steakhouse.

Fast forward to dinner time, I'm sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter