EIGHT

CHARMED BY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miss Krystal!" Suzy called her boss as soon as Krystal entered the venue. Amber, on the other hand, was dragged by Jong-suk. Krsytal can only wave goodbye to Amber. Then she faced Suzy.

"Hi, Suzy. Great job on preparing our after party!" Krystal commended Suzy as she looked around. She saw everybody having fun. 

"Thank you, Miss Krystal. I have reserved a seat for you. It's just right over there." Suzy pointed at the chair up front.

"Can't I just seat at the side, Suz? You know I don't want to be the center of attention."

"But there's this special performance and the perfect view to watch it is from that seat in front."

"Alright. Maybe I can just change seats after."

"This way, Miss Krystal." Suzy said as she ushered Krystal to her seat. Then, Suzy went up the stage once again and held the microphone. 

"Heeeey, everyone! How was the dinner?" Suzy asked and the crowd cheered.

"Great! It seems everyone enjoyed their dinner tonight. Before anything else, I just want to extend our deepest gratitude to our loving boss, Miss Krystal. Thank you for this fun-filled team building! We truly enjoyed each other's company and learned a lot about working together. Let's show our gratitude to our head of office by giving her a round of applause!"

The crowd cheered on, and then they started chanting..

"Speech! Speech!!"

Krystal just blushed and smiled at the sudden attention given to her. Krystal may be strict in times of work, but everyone knows she is just doing her best for the company and for the employees. Among all the employees, she is really close to the new recruits since somehow, they started together at the office.

"Looks like the crowd want to listen to you speak, Miss Krystal. Let's give another hand to Miss Krystal!" Suzy said holding the microphone. Krystal hesitated at first but then she knows it is also the perfect time for her to commend everybody's hard work so far. Krystal went up the stage and shyly took the microphone fron Suzy.

"Thank you, everyone! I'll just keep this short so you can still have time to groove and dance in our after party. I am grateful to each one of you for giving your best today. I know all of us not just bonded but also learned a lot from the activities. I hope once we get back to our workplace, we will continue to strive being better versions of ourselves. Let's keep up the good work, guys!" Krystal was scanning the crowd but felt disappointed that Amber was not there. "Where is that dork?" She thought. But then, Krystal just continued her speech.

"We are not just a team but a family. So if you have any troubles you can always approach me or Suzy. Anyway, time to enjoy the night! Don't worry because tomorrow will be a free time for everyone to enjoy the resort's amenities! Congratulations, everyone! Drinks are on me!" With that, everyone cheered louder. Krystal went back to her seat and Suzy took over he stage once again. Little did Krystal know that Amber and the gang were already backstage preparing for their performance.

"Thanks again, Miss Krystal! Now, are you guys ready for a  surprise?" Suzy asked the audience and she was replied with a loud yes.

"Great! Our surprise performance will be extra special! I won't let you wait further. Everybody let's welcome the Creative Rainbows!"

"Creative rainbows? Isn't it what the graphics and media team call themselves?" Krystal thought. She was glancing across the crowd, but she only spotted Tina who looks busy setting up her camera on the tripod, while having another camera on her body. She was wondering where the other three rainbows were.

The stage went dark and three people were setting up their instruments. A few moments later, they suddenly started playing. Lights and everybody were surprised to see Aom on keyboards, Jong-suk on drums and Amber on vocals and guitar. They were playing Make you mine by Public.

Krystal was shocked to see them on stage, especially Amber who instantly looked her in the eyes as she sang the lyrics.


Amber started singing and her eyes were focused on Krystal. 

Well, I will call you darlin' and everything will be okay
'Cause I know that I am yours and you are mine
Doesn't matter anyway
In the night, we'll take a walk, it's nothing funny
Just to talk

As Amber sang the last word, she smiled at Krystal, then winked before singing the chorus. Krystal's heart was beating fast as she listens to every word of the lyrics.

Put your hand in mine
You know that I want to be with you all the time
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine
You know that I won't stop until I make you mine
Until I make you mine

"Is this song for me?" Krystal thought as she gushes over Amber. "And this dork sings too. You keep on surprising me, Amber." Krystal can't help but just blush at Amber's singing.

Well, I have called you darlin' and I'll say it again, again
So kiss me 'til I'm sorry, babe, that you are gone and I'm a mess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter