FIVE

CHARMED BY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“AMBER LIU! WAKE UP!!”

 

Amber jolted up as she woke from her sleep with that loud shouting. She rubbed her eyes and realized who woke her up.

“Tina?” Amber uttered as she squinted her eyes.

“Of course it’s me! Ugh. Don’t tell me you’re still drunk?” Tina answered.

Aom butted in the conversation.  “Amber, you better get off the bed and prepare or else you’ll be late for the team building. Tina and I will go ahead first, okay? We’ll be eating breakfast downstairs. Suzy already went ahead of us because she needed to prepare the opening of our team building.”

“Okay..Uhm..Just give me a sec, I’ll be right out.” Amber said in confusion. Tina and Aom left her alone. Amber was not sure how she ended up back in their room. She can only remember drinking with Krystal and being in the same room with her Boss. All others were blurry memories.

“What the hell happened last night, Amber?” Amber thought to herself. She is trying to decipher the happenings last night. “Okay. Let’s review. Boss and I were drinking at the dining area. Then we went to her room and continued drinking.. I was sitting in front of her. We had a great conversation..” Amber paused, then continued, “.. and then what?? . I hope I did not do anything stupid.”

Amber shrugged off her thoughts because she needed to start preparing. She tried her best to get ready, but her hangover posed as a challenged. “Ugh. My head hurts.” Amber just told herself. After preparing, she went to the dining area for breakfast. She saw her Graphics and Design team in one table and approached them.

“You look like , Amber.” Jong-suk said as he saw Amber take her seat in the table. Jong-suk, Aom and Tina were already finishing their meal.

“Don’t make fun of me now, Jong-suk. My head feels like it will explode.” Amber answered. She removed her eyeglasses, closed her eyes and started massaging her head with her fingers.

 “Ugh. Anyway, Tina, Aom, how did I end up in our room?” Amber shifted her glance to Aom and Tina who were sitting across her and Jong-suk.

“Miss Krystal knocked on our door at around 1 in the morning. She was almost carrying you because you were too drunk to even stand on your own. She told us you mistakenly knocked on her door thinking it is our room.”” Tina answered shaking her head.

“Geez, Amber. Of all the people you bothered, you picked Miss Krystal. You should apologize to her.” Aom continued.

 

Amber was confused. She knew it was not true. “I’m sure I was invited in her room. . I might did something wrong for Boss to lie like that. What the did you do, Amber?!”

“Anyway, we better get ahead. Tina and I will take some shots outside before the start of the team building. See you in a few!” Aom and Tina went ahead.

“Damn. Must be a hell of a night you had, Amber. Who were you with?”

“Well..” Amber hesitated.

“Naah. Don’t tell me. You would not just go out with anybody. So who is it?” Jong-suk said smirking.

Amber stayed quiet at first. She knows how Jong-suk knows her all too well, the same way she knows Jong-suk. Well, they have been friends for years now, from college buddies to best friends.

“Well.. actually I was with the Boss.”

“You were with Miss Krystal?!” Jong-suk exclaimed.

“Ugh. Shut up, Jong-suk. Somebody might hear you.” 

“I knew it! Damn, you always steal glances at her in the office, Dude! You are too obvious!”

“How can I not? She’s really pretty, and she is one great leader too. There is something about her that makes me really like her, you know?”

“Oh man. You’re hit by Cupid’s arrow. Bull’s-eye!” Jong-suk said motioning throwing an i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter