TEN

CHARMED BY YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber and Krystal got slightly wet as they ran from the parking lot towards Amber's apartment. They were like two kids running off under the heavy rain with giggles and laughter. As Amber unlocked her door, she led Krystal on her living room. She quickly took a dry towel and offered it to her girlfriend. Krystal noticed how simple Amber's apartment is. Nonetheless, it felt homey.

"Do you want to change, Krys?"

"I'm fine, Am. Plus I left my bag inside the car." Krystal replied, but Amber noticed that while Krystal was drying her hair, she was slightly shivering. 

"Yeobo.." Amber said cathing Krystal's attention right away.

"Hmm?" Krystal kept her reply short as she felt her heart triple its speed.

"I know you feel cold. Please go and change. You can choose any shirt you want to in my closet. I'll make us some tea."

"Okaaay. And you? You should change too."

"Nah. No worries. I'll just take this off." With that, Amber took off her long-sleeved sweater, revealing herself in a plain black shirt. Krystal can only drool to her girlfriends toned tattooed arms. "There, all dry. Better get changed now, Krys." Krystal can only nod at that.

 

 

Krystal entered Amber's room. She opened Amber's closet and found just a few shirts, long sleeved, jackets, shorts and pants. She also noticed how the colors are just similar to each other -black, gray or the most opposite white - and how the designs are just plain and simple.  She picked the white long sleeves, removed her wet shirt and put the sweater on herself. She then glanced around Amber's room. The space is just enough for a bed, a study table, a closet and a wall cabinet. She glanced at Amber's wall cabinet and noticed that there were some film cameras, framed photos and nonfictional books too. "My girlfriend is such a studious dork." Krystal smiled at that thought. She looked at the photos and noticed that there were only photos of sceneries, mostly sunrises and sunsets. But then she noticed one photo on Amber's study table. It showed a younger girl with a pretty smile. She took the framed photo to appreciate it more, but the photo also makes Krystal wonder who the girl is.

 

"That's Irene." Amber said as she entered her room.

"Oh.." Krystal replied, but her face showed a more confusing look. Amber took this as a cue to tell more about herself to her girlfriend.

"Let's go to the kitchen, Krys. I'll tell you more about Irene." Amber offered her hand to Krystal where the latter immediately took hold of.

 

Krystal and Amber settled down in the dining area.

"Here's your tea, Krys."

Krystal took the tea but then pouted at Amber.

"What's wrong?"

"Don't call me Krys.." Krystal said as she still pouted on her girlfriend. Amber smiled and said,

"Don't be sad anymore, Yeobo..Honey." With that, Krystal smiled and took a sip from her cup.

"From now on, call me either Yeobo or Honey. I like the ring of it. PLus it let's the other people know you're mine."

"My girlfriend is so possesive."

"You don't like it?"

"I love it, Honey."

"Call me that when we're together. Okay?"

"Even at work?" Amber smirked.

"Yes. So people will know you're taken." Krystal countered and smiled. Amber was take aback. She thought Krystal was going to say no, but then Amber realized that there is no stopping her possesive Jung.

"Alright, Honey. You're the boss." Amber said as she took Krystal hand and kissed it. "Anyway, how about let's talk about each other tonight? Get to know ourselves better?"

"I'd love that, Yeobo.." Krystal replied.

"The photo of the girl you saw is Irene." Amber started the conversation.

"Your sister?"

"Well.. Yes and No."

"Huh?"

"Let me explain that. When I was about five years old, my parents died in a car accident. I can't really remember them actually, or even the accident. I just knew it from the people at the orphanage." Krystal held her girlfriend's hand tighter. Amber smiled at this action, and continued the story. Krystal had no idea how hard her girlfriend's past is.

"So I grew up in the orphanage. It was not a simple life, but it was enough and I am thankful. We sometimes eat only twice a day because of the lack of funds. But I can't complain, life is still good compared to others. We have a roof on our heads, food to eat and the people in the orphanage are already my family. As time passed, the other kids were getting adopted. I was becoming anxious about it 'cause I started feeling that I might end up in the orphanage alone. I found out that they were not choosing to adopt me bacause, well.. I am a girl who acts like a boy." Amber scratched the back of her neck with that statement. She paused and drank from her cup of tea.

"Amber.. Yeobo.. if you're uncomfortable, it's okay. You don't need to tell me your story now." Krystal said as she got worried that her telling the story might make Amber feel sad.

"It's okay, Honey. I wanted you to know this too." Amber reassured Krystal that everything was fine with smile.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter